Florida Resident Codes Requirements???

rtjcbrown

Mouseketeer
Just wanted to know what are the requirements to qualify for Florida resident rates? I live in NJ now, but I own a townhouse in Naples that is under construction. I have an address there. Is this good enough? What kind of proof would I need? Thanks for any help! :confused3

I believe you need a state issued ID/drivers's license or I've heard you can use a utility bill.....

You need a FL ID or a FL driver license with a FL address on it. College ID's with a FL address is also acceptable.

what happens if I am staying with a Florida resident in a resort and I check in before they get there???

But do you live in FL? PLease lets not try and cheat the system. That hurts us all. Utility Bill is no longer accepted.

I am not trying to cheat the system, but rather trying to find out the requirements. I will abide by any rules........if I can find them.

Owning a timeshare in FL is not enough to qualify as a Florida Resident, as you can't obtain a Florida driver's license with owning a timeshare in FL. If you read your timeshare documents, it will clearly state that owning this timeshare DOES NOT entitle you to become a resident of FL. It's pretty standard language in all timeshares that are in Florida, as it is a requirement of the state of Florida.

jel0511 said:
Owning a timeshare in FL is not enough to qualify as a Florida Resident, as you can't obtain a Florida driver's license with owning a timeshare in FL. If you read your timeshare documents, it will clearly state that owning this timeshare DOES NOT entitle you to become a resident of FL. It's pretty standard language in all timeshares that are in Florida, as it is a requirement of the state of Florida.

I don't think the OP has a timeshare but an actual townhouse being built.

cra-z-4-dizney said:
I don't think the OP has a timeshare but an actual townhouse being built.
You're right, I mis-read his post.... Well, if he is building a townhouse, the only way to obtain the FL resident discount is for him to change his drivers lisence over to FL. Disney only accepts state issued photo ID as proof you're a Florida Resident. Unless of course you're a college student, then your FL college/university ID is all you need.

jel0511 said:
You're right, I mis-read his post.... Well, if he is building a townhouse, the only way to obtain the FL resident discount is for him to change his drivers lisence over to FL. Disney only accepts state issued photo ID as proof you're a Florida Resident. Unless of course you're a college student, then your FL college/university ID is all you need.

Hmmm, how much is tuition for one term at a Florida community college?

Just Kidding. ;)

Wouldn't the OP be able to get a state issued photo ID card with his/her new address in Naples on it? I thought the requirements were a state issued ID OR a florida driver's license?

speed

I've done some preliminary research on this, as my parents are getting ready to own a house in Florida.

According to the Disney Florida Resident website, you must have a valid Florida Driver's License, Florida ID, FL Voter Registration Card, FL valid college ID, and FL military ID. According to the Florida Dept. of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles website, part-time residents (guess you would need to prove with a utility bill, etc.) can retain their current DL in their home state. However, they can get a FL driver's license that will state "valid in Florida only." Here's the link: http://www.hsmv.state.fl.us/ddl/4

Now, we haven't done anything but just research up to this point - have no idea if it works. But if you own legitimate property (not a timeshare) in FL, it stands to reason that it should work.

cranbiz said:
You need a FL ID or a FL driver license with a FL address on it. College ID's with a FL address is also acceptable.

Per Disney's web site, the FL driver's license does not have to have a FL address on it, but the FL ID card does need to have a FL address.

But do you live in FL? PLease lets not try and cheat the system.

I don't think the OP is trying to cheat the system, but rather trying to get an answer to a valid question. Being a legal resident and actually living in the state are two different things, and Disney recognizes this. I haven't lived in the state for more than 18 years (military), but I am still recognized as a legal FL resident. I have a FL driver's license, FL tags and I vote in FL. Please don't assume that people are trying to cheat just because they are asking about the rules related to the FL resident rate.

Not a timeshare, it's a second home.......for now. Just wanted to know the rules! Thanks for the info

rtjcbrown said:
Not a timeshare, it's a second home.......for now. Just wanted to know the rules! Thanks for the info

You should PM ducklite here at the DIS. She was building a house in Florida, and I believe that she could tell you about getting the FL resident rates.

Good luck!

I own a house in Deltona but I'm still a MA resident.

In order to get a "valid in Florida only" license, you need to have proof of FL address (mortgage papers, utility bill, lease, etc.), and 2 acceptable forms of ID. A birth certificate, current DL form the list of acceptable states, Social Security card, etc. The FL driver license site gives you what is and is not acceptable. The cost is $20.00. This license let's you keep your current license.

It is best to call for an appointment as they process appointments first and walk-ins when they feel like it. If you can't get an appointment at your nearest office, then try another as some are busier than others.

Once you have your FL license, you are all set as far as Disney goes.

I just read 18 answers to the posters original question, and I still don't have a clue as to the requirements that Disney requires as proof of residency

:confused3

From the Disney web site:
Proof of Residency per adult is required - you must provide any one of the following:
* Florida driver's license
* Florida state-issued ID card (must have Florida address)
* Florida voter's registration card with corresponding picture ID
* A college ID for a Florida college
* Florida-based military ID

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter