Florida resident tickets beyond Aug. 28

k-wa

Mouseketeer
Has anyone heard whether there will be a Florida resident ticket deal for fall 2019 visits?

Has anyone heard whether there will be a Florida resident ticket deal for fall 2019 visits?

I just pulled this from Allears.net:

FLORIDA RESIDENT TICKETS

See our complete ticket price chart for all Florida Resident ticket prices.

FLORIDA RESIDENT 3 DAY TICKET
Florida Resident 3 Day Discover Disney Ticket – Florida residents can purchase Discover Disney tickets and enjoy 3 days of park fun. For current pricing information, visit our Ticket Chart page. Valid for admission to one park per day (unless upgraded to Park Hopper Option).
The initial cost of the 3-Day Ticket can be applied to the purchase of an Annual or Seasonal Pass. Price varies depending on dates selected
There is a 4 Day Discover Disney Ticket. Same description as the 3 Day Ticket but good for four days. Price varies depending on dates selected
Park Hopper option can be added to these tickets for an additional charge.
Florida Resident 3-Day and 4-Day Flexible Date Tickets, the first day of use must be on or before December 31, 2019, and the tickets and any other options purchased expire 6 months after first use. Multi-day tickets are valid for one theme park per day for each day of the ticket.

The new ticket option is lame. Previously, the 3-day Discover Disney ticket was $175 and you had 6 months from the first use. Now for the same 3-day ticket and 6-month window it's $315! An 80% increase.

WOW. A weekday annual pass is about $340 and when you renew it you get a discount.

The new ticket option is lame. Previously, the 3-day Discover Disney ticket was $175 and you had 6 months from the first use. Now for the same 3-day ticket and 6-month window it's $315! An 80% increase.

Yeah that's terrible

That 3 day price is ridiculous. I miss the days when I could buy a two day resident special ticket and stay a night on property. Made for a great little getaway especially for F&W.

I'm going to get a Florida resident silver pass, I think. Shades of Green has them for $529 (no tax), so it's about $45 cheaper that WDW. I would get the Weekday Select pass at but my friend is coming to visit in January and we're starting our visit on a Sunday. The SOG weekday AP is $356, So I'm thinking.........

The blockout dates are more strict than the gold pass, but I don't think I'd go during those summer days anyway (when I go back up north). I assume that if I choose to go in the summer if I have guests, I can then upgrade to the Gold?

I'm going to get a Florida resident silver pass, I think. Shades of Green has them for $529 (no tax), so it's about $45 cheaper that WDW. I would get the Weekday Select pass at but my friend is coming to visit in January and we're starting our visit on a Sunday. The SOG weekday AP is $356, So I'm thinking.........

The blockout dates are more strict than the gold pass, but I don't think I'd go during those summer days anyway (when I go back up north). I assume that if I choose to go in the summer if I have guests, I can then upgrade to the Gold?

Yes you can upgrade to good at anytime

How is that better? Unless you need to go on the weekends, parking will bring the 4 day to 349.

What am I missing?

How is that better? Unless you need to go on the weekends, parking will bring the 4 day to 349.

What am I missing?

Just depends if you stay on site I suppose. Also, I would think a lot of FL residents visit on weekends unless you're super local.

For a Florida resident, the best deal is an annual pass, but it also means you will have to commit to several visits -- which can add up it other costs, like lodging, food, gas and merchandise.

We will generally start with some kind of ticket good on the weekend, then upgrade it to a weekday select, the cheapest annual pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter