Florida Walt Disney World License Plate

To be fair, both organizations work very closely together. The Make-A-Wish kids who wish to go to Disney (or Universal, Seaworld, Legoland, etc.) stay at Give Kids the World, so they really work together to grant the wish. However, Make-A-Wish is definitely more well known, so I bet in general they get more donations. Unfortunately both organizations are really suffering at this time. Not only can kids not travel to Orlando for their wishes, lots of other wishes have been postponed.
I would also like to throw in a plug for our local wish granting organization, Dreams Come True:
https://www.dreamscometrue.org/

I wish Georgia residents could get such. I am kinda surprised that a Disney plate has not already been designed for Florida.

PookaJean.....(asking because you work at the DMV:flower1:)....we have our vouchers (PS the number is over 8000 now I believe:yay:). I have a specific number on my current FL vanity plate. Will I be able to use that same number if not already taken? Thank you for your help!!

Your local Ronald McDonald House can always use donations. That stays in your community as well. While the plates are a nice idea, FL has too many of them. They do have others that donate a portion as well, Disney won't be the first. I am a firm believer that if I am doing something for the donations, I prefer to donate all the funds directly. I don't like big businesses (or the State) profiting off of donations 😕

Just an FYI....

"Disney said that all of the proceeds from the plate will benefit Make-A-Wish of Central and Northern Florida".

Donating directly to a charity is a really good idea. And, may I suggest instead of "make a wish", you specifically donate to Give Kids the World, who provides wish experiences here in Central FL.
I saw this today in there email says the plate is $35
20210527_115808.jpg :):charac2:

Last edited:
As long as the money is going to charity that is great. People on here are getting a little "too critical" they have too many opinions of how others should donate and where to donate etc. You do what is best for you and the rest will do as they deem necessary. I am just salty that I cannot get one as I do not reside in Florida...:crazy2:

I was told at the local DMV that I’d hear something sept/oct. not sure How it works regarding using my current plate descriptor or making a new one, if still available. Whether I should change my plate now, so the new one will be what I want or wait until issued and then change. Decisions, decisions, lol.

I was told at the local DMV that I’d hear something sept/oct. not sure How it works regarding using my current plate descriptor or making a new one, if still available. Whether I should change my plate now, so the new one will be what I want or wait until issued and then change. Decisions, decisions, lol.
Mine expires at the end of June, I just have a regular old plate. I’m excited for it to come thought.

I was told we d get contacted directly when we should go in and proceed with the voucher. I was also told that if I wanted to customize it, I would do that after being contacted.🤷‍♀️
Are u in state/fla.. curious … I am

I was told we d get contacted directly when we should go in and proceed with the voucher. I was also told that if I wanted to customize it, I would do that after being contacted.🤷‍♀️
Are u in state/fla.. curious … I am

I'm in SWFL - having done this before (Personalized & Specialty Plate) today went right down to my local DMV with my applications already filled out. Had what I wanted written on the plate, and what plate design wanted for each car.

I did not go the pre-sale voucher route - I waited until pre-sales were completed, the number was reached, and the plate was entered into official production (to which i don't know the date of, I just know pre-sale vouchers were over).

I'd give your local DMV office a call, and tell them you have a voucher, can you go in and get the ball rolling - should be good to go!

I'm in SWFL - having done this before (Personalized & Specialty Plate) today went right down to my local DMV with my applications already filled out. Had what I wanted written on the plate, and what plate design wanted for each car.

I did not go the pre-sale voucher route - I waited until pre-sales were completed, the number was reached, and the plate was entered into official production (to which i don't know the date of, I just know pre-sale vouchers were over).

I'd give your local DMV office a call, and tell them you have a voucher, can you go in and get the ball rolling - should be good to go!
Thx… I appear to be a neighbor … lol

Plates are now available for pick up. Got mine this morning, and the number I got happens to contain the string "DSH", which I immediately interpreted as an abbreviation for Dash from The Incredibles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!