Florida Walt Disney World License Plate

PookaJean

Mouseketeer
I didn't know where to post this but I thought all of the FL residents should know. I work for the DMV and we were told that Walt Disney World will be coming out with a specialty plate if they get at least 1000 people to purchase a voucher. It is about time! They have not released what it will look like yet but I'm sure it will be a highly sought after plate.

I didn't know where to post this but I thought all of the FL residents should know. I work for the DMV and we were told that Walt Disney World will be coming out with a specialty plate if they get at least 1000 people to purchase a voucher. It is about time! They have not released what it will look like yet but I'm sure it will be a highly sought after plate.
I remember reading about this over the summer. It’ll be a charity plate (like all of the other variety of plates that Florida offers) benefiting Make-A-Wish. I have the manatee conservation plate right now, but depending on what the Disney plate will look like when it’s finally released, I may change to it.

I'd consider it as long as I could still keep the "name" that I currently have on my regular plate...
@PookaJean is that doable?

Donating directly to a charity is a really good idea. And, may I suggest instead of "make a wish", you specifically donate to Give Kids the World, who provides wish experiences here in Central FL.

Agreed, but there are other charities here in Central FL that are also needy. One only has to look at Cast Member Pantry, etc.

I'd consider it as long as I could still keep the "name" that I currently have on my regular plate...
@PookaJean is that doable?
Yes that is possible depending on what the design looks like and how many letters your personalization has. If it has a design on the side it can only be 5 letters, if it is a central design it can be 7

It would be really cool if they did this in other states. Like here in PA we have many different types of special fund vanity plates: Beavers, Tigers, Railroads

I would definitely sign up for one of these if ever available in my state.

Donating directly to a charity is a really good idea. And, may I suggest instead of "make a wish", you specifically donate to Give Kids the World, who provides wish experiences here in Central FL.

To be fair, both organizations work very closely together. The Make-A-Wish kids who wish to go to Disney (or Universal, Seaworld, Legoland, etc.) stay at Give Kids the World, so they really work together to grant the wish. However, Make-A-Wish is definitely more well known, so I bet in general they get more donations. Unfortunately both organizations are really suffering at this time. Not only can kids not travel to Orlando for their wishes, lots of other wishes have been postponed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!