Flower and garden 2019

Gondorr

Earning My Ears
Just doing a mom and dad trip the end of March for our anniversary and to catch the flower and garden festival. Was wondering how it is and the crowds compared to food and wine( we did this 2years ago)

I was there 3/4/-3/11 in 2017 for Flower & Garden and again from 10/10-10/14 this year for Food & Wine. During F&G our Epcot days were both on Saturday and it wasn't nearly as crowded as it was on the Thursday we were there for F&W.

We were there for F&G this past March, and only the mid-afternoons seemed busy to us. Mornings and evenings were fairly calm. Certain areas were congested, but nothing unlivable.

We do F&W in October and did F&G in April this year. Lots of topiaries. Not as many food booths as F&W, but still good. Had a really fun butterfly house set up as well.
We went during the week, but was not where near as crowded as F&W. Could easily walk around and get whatever photos you wanted without a crowd.

It depends on your dates. A lot of schools have spring break March/April. We've been to F&G several times - last visit was 2017 and the crowds are not bad, going again in March 2019. F&W is also variable. We do that every 2-3 years. Last time we stayed for all of it in 2016. Planning on 2 month stay in 2019. We stay in offsite condos.

Been to Both several times just a few weeks back Food & Wine and didn't like it at all. Crowded all week lot's and lot's of locals drinking, really bad on weekends. Flower and Garden IMHO is way better food booths are still everywhere and the park decorations and flowers are incredible and not nearly as crowded. We are done with Food and Wine the prices at the booths are getting out of hand seriously anything good is like $5-8 and the portions are mostly very small and any alcoholic drink is stupid expensive for like a baby size drink. I get it try something new and all but at 50 years old booze is booze, really nothing we all haven't tried before just berry flavored or smoke flavored or those stupid sweet ball's Disney seem's to put in everything now.

Last edited:
We did F&G on Easter last year, and it was really, really busy. In fact, we found all of the parks so busy at that time of year (DD has spring break Easter week, and we’ve gone then the past few years), that we do not plan to return spring break week in 2019. F&G was possibly the most enjoyable part of the whole trip, but we still waited in lines at the booths and have photos with lots of random people in them. We hope to do F&G again in 2019 as it’s my favorite time of year at Epcot, but we are skipping Easter week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter