Flying and Tide Pods / Carryon

js

Been around since before the disboards 90s crash
Hi.

Are Tide Pods, out of the package and in a tupperware, allowed to be
carried on the plane in a carryon bag?

Thank you.

Somewhere here is a joke about bringing snacks on the plane...

But in all seriousness, I've brought small amounts of liquid with me in unmarked travel bottles within the size limit (skincare products mostly) and haven't had issues, but having tide pods loose in a Tupperware seems pushing it. You could call the airport you're leaving from and ask, but it seems not worth it to bother when you can get detergent literally anywhere.

I put my Tide pods in an old prescription bottle (or you can usually get an unlabeled one from the pharmacy) and they fit perfectly. I can fit 4 in a "regular" bottle (one that holds about 60 capsules) or 6 in a "large" bottle (one that holds about 180 capsules). The bottles do take up a good portion of your 3-1-1 bag so it helps if you are flying with family and have multiple bags. I fly with my kids so we don't need all three 3-1-1 bags so I can spare the room.

I just packed my liquid quart bag for a flight tomorrow and I put the tide pods in a sandwich bag and then inside the quart bag. I have Pre Check, so don't need to take them out, but if one accidentally burst, I didn't want it all over the other stuff in my 3-1-1 bag.

Thank you all. I am going to take out of the tupperware and put in something different and hope for the best. Thank you.

Thank you all. I am going to take out of the tupperware and put in something different and hope for the best. Thank you.

As long as it isn't a big deal if you have to toss them, no worries. Some TSA agents are more strict than others.

This isn’t something I would do. (Then again I’m so desperately allergic to tide that it’s not even an option) I won’t even put glow sticks in my 311 bag since they aren’t labeled with the volume.

I get the little snack bags (rectangular) and I think they fit 3. Then I pack 3 or 4 of those in a sandwich size bag. Then I put them in my quart bag for my carry on.

I get the little snack bags (rectangular) and I think they fit 3. Then I pack 3 or 4 of those in a sandwich size bag. Then I put them in my quart bag for my carry on.

Thank you. I will do this tomorrow. I appreciate it.

I bought laundry soap sheets at an organic food place. They took up zero space in my luggage were organic and were perfect for travel

I bought laundry soap sheets at an organic food place. They took up zero space in my luggage were organic and were perfect for travel
Are you sure the sheets aren't dye and perfume free? Not sure why they would be organic since you are not eating them - I hope:D.
I like the idea of the sheet form though.

I've taken Tide pods in my luggage stored in the plane's overhead bins. I put them in a Ziploc bag, specifically the type with a zipper. No problems from TSA or pressurized air.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter