Flying Fish Reviews?

Ron from Michigan

DIS Veteran
This is the one restaurant that we have wanted to eat at for some time. Would like to hear some reviews from others, Thanks.

there was an article in the orlando sentinal several weeks ago, i believe it was august 11. in it, it was stated a new chef is now there. we are trying this restaurant for the first time in december. if you do a search under disney queen, i asked the same question and got some good responses. happy eating!:p

Have you searched the recent archives? I'd start there. Here was our review which was posted a couple weeks back:

Dinner at Flying Fish (BW)
H- Lobster bisque
H- Oak Grilled Mahi Mahi with Heirloom Tomato Risotto, Basil-Lemon Emulsion and micro Greens
H- "The Original" Valrhona Chocolate Lava Cake with Liquid Chocolate Center and Tarragon Ice Cream

A- "Peeky Toe" Crab Cakes with "Flying Fish" Slaw and Ancho-Chile Remoulade
A- Coriander Crusted Yellowfin Tuna with Shiitake Mushrooms, Soba Noodles and Miso Vinaigrette
A- Trio of Sorbet -- Lychee, Passion Fruit and Raspberry with Moscato-Orange Broth and Crunchy Almond Cookie

Bottle of Madonna Valckenberg Kabinett
Complimentary cocktail from the adjacent table: H- vodka tonic; A- Amaretto sour
$161.67

Our first meal “on plan”. The crab cakes were excellent although I found their remoulade heat to grow very quickly. The yellowfin tuna was excellently prepared- I asked for rare and they obliged sans doute! I described it to Heather as like chewing butter in that it wasn’t flaky like a well done piece of fish, but wasn’t chewy either. The sorbets were way fun, and even though lychee probably isn’t my favorite flavor, was one of the most interesting flavors I’ve had.
Heather had the lobster bisque (very good, with nice lumps of lobster), oak grilled mahi mahi with heirloom tomato risotto (kind of dry, and she didn’t enjoy the tomato risotto), and the valrhona chocolate lava cake (amazing! – the chocolate filling came out just a little, but for the most part stayed inside so that every delicious bite had yummy chocolate filling in it).
The extra special touch was that right after the wine was delivered, another waiter walked over to us and said that the table next to ours had bought us each a drink, so he wanted to know what we’d like. He told us that they were celebrating their 15th anniversary, and bought us a drink b/c they saw by the ears that we were on our honeymoon. We thought it was so sweet, and Heather wanted to cry! We went over to their table and thanked them profusely.

We ate here for the first time this past Dec 25. The food is very good, and we wouldn't hesitate to return. The menu changes based on what fresh fish they receive in the morning. If you're concerned you can always visit FF in the morning/afternoon to see what they will be serving that night. Fish seems to be emphasized rather than shellfish. My DW actually preferred her fish at the CG to FF, but they were different fish so it's hard to compare. Bottom line, if you're looking for great fish, FF is very good. Price was comparable to CG, Jiko, etc.

The Flying Fish use to be our favorite restaurant...it has been bumped by Jiko.....

We have eaten at Flying Fish about 8 times over the past 4 years...it is excellant...

I've never had a bad meal...the tuna rare is awesome....

My favorite dessert is Banana Nepolean Creme Brullee....

Enjoy your dinner....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!