Flying into Fall!! – WISH September Lifestyle/Weight Challenge

I will get nothing done in the next few days if i don't get off the Irma thread. That tread is moving so fast. I have family and friends in GA and Florida and another family member in Puna Cana on vacation that is now stuck their until after the storm. They tried to get out yesterday but flights were canceled.

I am hoping everyone in the path of this storm stays save. I know we have had a few members from Florida and I suspect that might be why we have not heard from them.

How do you make your chia pooding? I love mine with raspberries and lime zest & hazulnuts

Usually with 3 to 4 tablespoons of seeds to about 3/4 cup of rice milk, with cinnamon and sometimes agave when I remember. Then when I'm ready to eat I add fruit... lime zest sounds good, I'll have to give that a try. Sometimes (when I'm really organized) I make up baggies of seeds/cinnamon and pack a container of rice milk to take to WDW for my in-room breakfast, adding fruit from the grab-and-go at the resort.

If you want to fly, you can only bring a limited baggage with you. Packing light is essential! But sometimes being restricted to the essentials can also be a positive thing. So, for our flight for the month, pick three things (material or immaterial) that you have to bring with you and three that you will leave behind!

I am leaving behind:

1. Junk Food for Lunches - I am already doing much better with this but need to keep up the focus.
2. Excuses, Excuses, Excuses - yep I make a lot of them.
3. Lazy weekends,

I am going to pack:

1. Positivity
2. Water
3. Planning - for food and activity.

I love travelling and food and I don't like to feel fat - lol not a good match!

It is so not fair how these things don't go together better! Glad to see you back - sorry to hear how hectic things are for you at the moment - just of think of the awesome new kitchen you will have to make some fabulous healthy food in :-)

Sometimes in order to get to Infinity and Beyond we just need the right portion of self confidence (and as in Buzz's case some luck...) to get us there. Do you feel that you believe in yourself to acchieve the goals that you set yourself? Do you think that your believe (or lack thereof) is helpful or limiting?

Health/Weight loss wise no I really don't and I do think it is very limiting. In other areas it fluctuates, similar to some you.

I started off September in WDW and just got back last night :D

I thought you off at WDW - Hope you had a great time :D

That was me!! Put me down for October :) (my personal favorite month)

I thought it was you - that saves me trolling through the previous months :thumbsup2

I think it's my lack of dedication (aka laziness), and being enticed by instant gratification rather than staying focused on the long term. I've been thinking lately about how it is necessary to protect the things that are important to us, and I need to start doing that for myself... protecting my future by taking better care of myself now. I feel like I'm sounding like a broken record saying the same things over and over, I guess that just shows that I'm not successfully managing my "stuff" yet.

You and I are in such similar places in our journey to be healthy.

I love mine with raspberries and lime zest & hazulnuts

That sounds yummy!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxx

I had a bad day yesterday with some mixed results in the eating as a result - which really ended up as emotional eating.

I had an issue with my car and when I got it to the mechanic they made a comment that it hopefully wasn't the end of the engine! Not what I was expecting to hear at all! I burst into tears. Got to work and realised my work keys were in the car still - went to get a spare from admin and burst into tears on our business manager when he asked if I was ok. I was not productive at all until lunch time - I was in complete panic - I really don't have the $$$ to change cars right now. I almost caved at lunch time to get hot chips from across the road - but I fought hard and stayed with the turkey and salad I had already packed myself - so a win there - but it was not to last. So some good new about the car - it looks like it is going to be ok - tentatively - it had a blockage and it was affecting the oil pressure - this is because the people who had it before me apparently did not get it serviced regularly and there is a lot of sludge in the engine - so it is going to take a few frequent oil changes and cleanouts before they can start to flush it out more. If they do a big flush right now it will increase the risk of the sludge ending up in the wrong place and blocking and ruining the engine! Cars! I so didn't feel like cooking dinner but in the car I asked the kids to help me prep and cook - got home and the emotional eater came out and I ate a whole bag of Twistie Zig-Zag chips and a piece of chocolate. When I went to make dinner I could not find the cookbook I needed - I haven't memorised the recipe yet! It was getting late my reserves were down and I caved and took the easy option of McDonalds.

Now I am a little disappointed by the eating but I really am not going to beat myself up it was a horrible day! Today is another day and I will do better today.

I had a bad day yesterday with some mixed results in the eating as a result - which really ended up as emotional eating.

I had an issue with my car and when I got it to the mechanic they made a comment that it hopefully wasn't the end of the engine! Not what I was expecting to hear at all! I burst into tears. Got to work and realised my work keys were in the car still - went to get a spare from admin and burst into tears on our business manager when he asked if I was ok. I was not productive at all until lunch time - I was in complete panic - I really don't have the $$$ to change cars right now. I almost caved at lunch time to get hot chips from across the road - but I fought hard and stayed with the turkey and salad I had already packed myself - so a win there - but it was not to last. So some good new about the car - it looks like it is going to be ok - tentatively - it had a blockage and it was affecting the oil pressure - this is because the people who had it before me apparently did not get it serviced regularly and there is a lot of sludge in the engine - so it is going to take a few frequent oil changes and cleanouts before they can start to flush it out more. If they do a big flush right now it will increase the risk of the sludge ending up in the wrong place and blocking and ruining the engine! Cars! I so didn't feel like cooking dinner but in the car I asked the kids to help me prep and cook - got home and the emotional eater came out and I ate a whole bag of Twistie Zig-Zag chips and a piece of chocolate. When I went to make dinner I could not find the cookbook I needed - I haven't memorised the recipe yet! It was getting late my reserves were down and I caved and took the easy option of McDonalds.

Now I am a little disappointed by the eating but I really am not going to beat myself up it was a horrible day! Today is another day and I will do better today.

Wow that does sound like a rough day. It's crazy how reliant we are on our vehicles. Every time there's a problem with mine I definitely panic, too!

Don't beat yourself up about a bad day. It happened and it's gone now, but we know you are working hard- just don't lose sight of your goals!

I'm back in. Same goal as last time: track every bite. Gotta tell ya Saturday I bit enough for two days!! It was very very bad. But that was Saturday. I'm going to add getting 5,000 steps every day. It's not triple digits anymore so I should manage that fairly easily. Smoke is keeping the temperatures down, but making it nasty outside. Walking to work helps. Weekends are another story! I am such a sloth.

Truthfully, I waiver all the time with whether I can change or not and whether I am worth it or not. Logic tells me I can do it and I am, but logic isn't always the underlying voice to all decisions! (like on Saturday!)

I don't know what I'm leaving behind (pessimism? self-doubt? fistfuls of chocolate covered almonds?), but I'm taking my just plod along you can do this slowly but surely attitude, my fitness pal for tracking, and my weekly step on the scale routine.

My Wahoo Wednesday is that today was the first day of school and it was not terribly, terribly chaotic at the school where I work! That and DS who is a freshman off at college texted today that he made it into an elite choir that is mostly upperclassmen.

As most of you know, my boyfriend lives in Southern Florida and I can tell you that Irma is starting to cause me grey hairs! He is in a modern house that is very well built (according to the standards after Hurricane Andrew), so he is going to stay there. Especially since evacuating out of the path of this hurricane that might as well go through the whole state of Florida, is not easy with gas shortages and high traffic on the highways. But it is really horrible to have loved ones in the projected path of this thing that more or less destroyed everything on several islands already! I have been on a cruise to the Eastern Caribbean and it is heartbreaking to see those same islands where I have some wonderful vacation memories from...

That's the right attitude! You said you wanted to leave excuses behind, but I think the more realistic goal is to leave made up excuses behind. There are circumstances when an excuse is a true valid reason to do something that might not be perfect. Perfect is not acchieveable. And it is not a failure to not be perfect, it is just human. However, there are two type of excuses that can be avoided: The ones that come up because of lack of planning (and that is something you are working on with your lunches, so you are making progress there!) and the other ones that are just made up reasons (my favourite basketball team lost a game and I am so sad that I need some ice cream kind of excuse). Your day does not fall in either category, so just file it away, start over and don't let it take you down.

I'm back in. Same goal as last time: track every bite.

:welcome: back! Great goal!

Yesterday's QOTD:
I am afraid that I am sometimes overly confident which then leads to me overestimating what I can acchieve and then being disappointed by lack of results and/or being complacent about how much work I need to put into it. So, I feel that being confident is standing in my way to success instead of helping me along. But then, I also think it makes me happier in the long run to err a little on the confidence side, so I am not too concerned about it. But I have recently tried to be a bit more realistic in my approach to the whole weight loss journey.

QOTD for 9/7:

e0dd8f58-5f0a-4b32-9e2f-7d70b8027101.jpg

With a little faith, trust and pixie dust we are flying off towards the second star to the right, and straight on till morning- to Neverland!! As you know, Neverland is the place where you never grow up! So, our question today is: If you think back to your childhood, is there anything that you wish that you had kept with you as an adult that would help you with a healthy lifestyle? And if yes, is there any way that you can reconnect to this today?

There are days like that. Today is new day! I mean, I can't say I would have done any better with all that going on! Hope your day today goes smoothly

As most of you know, my boyfriend lives in Southern Florida and I can tell you that Irma is starting to cause me grey hairs! He is in a modern house that is very well built (according to the standards after Hurricane Andrew), so he is going to stay there. Especially since evacuating out of the path of this hurricane that might as well go through the whole state of Florida, is not easy with gas shortages and high traffic on the highways. But it is really horrible to have loved ones in the projected path of this thing that more or less destroyed everything on several islands already! I have been on a cruise to the Eastern Caribbean and it is heartbreaking to see those same islands where I have some wonderful vacation memories from...

My thoughts are with him & you. The weather is insane!!! I hope it isn't as bad as predicted and stay out of his way. Would not booking a hotel that is purposely build be better, and was there mandatory evacuation order issued?

My thoughts are with him & you. The weather is insane!!! I hope it isn't as bad as predicted and stay out of his way. Would not booking a hotel that is purposely build be better, and was there mandatory evacuation order issued?

Thank you!!

Only the coastal areas are being evacuated, he lives fairly inland. He has been living in Florida for over 40 years and I trust his judgement when it comes to weather. But it is still scary.

Definitely sending thoughts and prayers to those in the path of the storms but I'll keep your boyfriend specifically in mind, @Flossbolna !

QOTD: I was really active in sports all the way through high school but when I went to college I stopped doing any sort of organize athletic activity. The only exercise I got was walking to class (which was a very hilly campus so the walks were no jokes, but still not as much exercise as I had been getting). I wish I had kept up my activity level in school so I wouldn't be pretty much starting over at this point in rebuilding muscle and endurance.

@Flossbolna My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your BF. I have heard from my cousin this morning. She is in the Dominican Republic in Puta Cana. She is doing good. They still have some time to go with the storm but since Irma turned a little north they did not get a direct hit. She did say they did get 90 mph winds with 120 gusts over night.

Question of the day -- I wished I still played soccer. I love soccer and played from age 8 to about 19. There really are not any adult leagues close so not much opportunity to play. My son has decided to play so i have been going out and playing with him a little bit.

Question of the day -- I wished I still played soccer. I love soccer and played from age 8 to about 19. There really are not any adult leagues close so not much opportunity to play. My son has decided to play so i have been going out and playing with him a little bit.

That's what I played, too!

I didn't play any sports but was always active swimming & walking and generally don't sit still much. I wasn't eating much and I was very slim but I was also VERY fussy eater and I developed more taste for various foods later in life. I don't now if I want to come back to my limited eating. I mean I had one ice cream for lunch, hardly the healthiest food ever! I always loved fruit and veggies but not many foods like bread, meat, fish, rice, potatoes. So I would eat salads with cheese and sweets :) and if they aren't around I wouldn't eat much. I grew out of it by 18, my poor dad was relived to see me eating normal food and not live on junk and cucumbers :)

I did great today. I decided if I am hungry I will eat but will make sure my snacks have protein. I did end up eating 3 pieces of fruit after dinner but nothing like my normal snack attack! I am tried to focus on this today too, each meal have good size of protein. Feels good. 17 000 steps tomorrow, 11 000 so far today. Not bad.

Thank you!!

Only the coastal areas are being evacuated, he lives fairly inland. He has been living in Florida for over 40 years and I trust his judgement when it comes to weather. But it is still scary.

Hopefully being inland will keep him safe. In addition to watching the news/weather coverage I've been following the thread here on DIS with people trying to decide what to do with their vacation plans... so much stress and worry, and still not knowing what path the storm is going to take.

QOTD: Great question... childhood is the root cause for the things I'm (still) trying to unravel, so I really can't think of anything positive that I'd like to bring forward, only the negatives that I need to let go of.

Overall I am feeling better this week, except that I'm still having a cough and a lot of throat dampness. I had an ah-ha this morning though... I've been thinking dairy might be the culprit, but yesterday I had very little dairy and this morning had the worst cough I've had in a while... what I did have yesterday was chicken for dinner. I've been eating chicken because I thought I was now OK with it: I've never associated it with the coughing but I'm going to not have any for a while and see if that clears things up.

I can't believe it totally slipped my mind that he was in Florida! I'm sorry. It is hard when we are far from loved ones who are in natures path.

For those of you who know them from the thread - I checked in with our Floridian friends Lady Marie and MommaoffherRocker - They are in prep mode and hoping for the best - hopefully they will join us on the thread when things get back to normal for them.

If you think back to your childhood, is there anything that you wish that you had kept with you as an adult that would help you with a healthy lifestyle? And if yes, is there any way that you can reconnect to this today?

In primary school I was more active and would make it onto the school teams for netball or softball. I also remember I loved skipping (with a rope) and now I struggle to do that (a balance of unfitness and post having babies bladder!). In High school I really didn't maintain sport participation. Also as a kid you walk more - I walked to/from school and was just outside playing. A for reconnecting I tried netball a few years ago with some other mothers - but it really isn't for me anymore. But the walking I can include more - I just need to plan it and start doing it. As for heading outdoors - I also need to embrace this and get outside with the kids.

I have heard from my cousin this morning. She is in the Dominican Republic in Puta Cana. She is doing good. They still have some time to go with the storm but since Irma turned a little north they did not get a direct hit. She did say they did get 90 mph winds with 120 gusts over night.

What a relief that your cousin is ok - still sounds like it would have been a little scary.

did great today. I decided if I am hungry I will eat but will make sure my snacks have protein. I did end up eating 3 pieces of fruit after dinner but nothing like my normal snack attack! I am tried to focus on this today too, each meal have good size of protein. Feels good. 17 000 steps tomorrow, 11 000 so far today. Not bad.

Glad to hear you had a good day :-)

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I found my recipe book yesterday and made the meal last night - so back on track there. Yesterday morning DS16 and I were watching something on the morning TV - and they were talking about the importance of moving - now DS16 is a big couch potato (but like me at that age is slim) - so I was looking pointedly at him about it - but also said that I needed to get moving again and that on our upcoming school break we were going to do so - well .... he started laughing - because I have said this the last few school breaks with not much success! So now I have to push myself to prove him wrong!

@Flossbolna - I am loving this theme and the QOTDs

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!