Flying Manchester to Sanford?

Azza1987

DIS Veteran
Hi All,

Has anyone flown on the TUI Flights to Sanford from Manchester? I can get a fairly OK price at the moment in September (£496pp) with luggage and direct flights for 11 nights and we are happy to hire a car to et to Disney (or even Uber - although trip advisor states that's about $100 each way)

But I don't know if its worth it given we wouldn't get ME to our resort (staying at POFQ) and then we would only really need a hire car for going to Int. Drive/Universal/Walmart etc? So I dontknow whether to go for the hire car and 'have it' or just pay for MCO flights and use Disney transport, and taxi's to get us around outside of Disney.

Everything direct out of Man to MCO is £600 ish? I haven't been for 5 years so this seems really steep compared to when I last went, when my direct flight in November 2014 was £400 with Virgin (including luggage!)

For the sake of £200, is it worth flying to Sanford basically? I think I already know the answer but I'm interested in anyone's opinion whos used TUI.

Hiya,

We always fly TUI into Sandford, its such a small airport that clearing security is a dream. We were off the plane and into our Uber within 40 minutes. The price of those flights sounds like the base TUI price which doesn't usually include picking your own seats/checked luggage of 20kg, i'd double check before booking.

Uber have a new thing called "Ride Pass" you pay $14.99 for the month I believe and then it makes the costs of your journeys cheaper. I think it costs around $11 from Animal Kingdom Lodge to Universal when under the ride pass subscription. Which is an absolute bargain because it was around $55-60 for us last September!

Do you already have you disney hotel booked because i always find the full package from TUI is cheaper than elsewhere that I've looked and would include your transfer from Airport to Hotel.

We've flown into Sanford many times and normally it's been great. However once we were unlucky and ended up in a holding room for two hours! I much prefer MCO now, mainly for the shorter drive to WDW. It's certainly a good price for Sanford but as Simee says, I'd check the full price before deciding and factor in the advantage of the Magical Express.

Flew to Sanford on our last visit with TUI. TUI were absolutely fab. Great service. Be warned though - we arrived at the same time as 4 other flights. We were first off the plane and still had a 2 hour wait at immigration. Due to it being such a small airport and due to the amount of flights arriving at the same time, our luggage was LITERALLY lined up in the middle of the baggage hall so spent a good 15/20 mins trying to locate it.

Very quick check in process and security on return but a word of advice... eat before you get the airport as there is very limited options there

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter