Flying to MCO in advance of our vacation-question about DME

Prince & Princess

Earning My Ears
Sorry if this has been answered before. We have reservations for October 14-19 at OKW. Originally we were going to drive down early and spend a few days with family who live in Florida, and then drive ourselves to Disney on Monday to start our vacation.

Now that Southwest has released prices for our dates, we are debating on flying down instead. We would still fly down early, on October 12th.

My question is-if I fly down a few days early, can I still use DME to get to our resort on our check-in day? We will probably get a rental car and would just drop it off at the airport on our check-in day, and then jump on the DME bus if we can. We would plan on being at the airport at whatever time the DME reservation was for.

Anyone know if this is possible or if this would work?

Yes, you can. You're entitled to one trip from MCO to your resort. You can either give them a dummy flight. I'm pretty sure they'd accept you as a walk up with your resort reservation.

Yes. Dummy flight shouldn't be needed, just call them and set it up. We did this - flew down night before and stayed at airport Hyatt. When I called, I told them approximately what time we'd head down, but phone CM didn't really care. He was very nice, just that the time didn't matter.

If you use the online form to book ME, I think you do need a fake flight. I've never used the form though.

Other option: if you are south of MCO, drop everyone off at the resort. Rented returns car alone, takes DME back.

Other other option: see how much it costs to return the rental at or near WDW.

Yes.
When you sign up for DME just pick a flight that lands around the time you'd like to take DME on your check in day.

thanks everyone!
Other option: if you are south of MCO, drop everyone off at the resort. Rented returns car alone, takes DME back.

Other other option: see how much it costs to return the rental at or near WDW.

I dont know why I didnt think of that...duh!! Then we would only need a ride back to the airport on our check-out day.

I've done both. Rented a car and drove around, then returned to MCO and took DME to resort. I did set up a dummy flight.

And I've done a one way car rental and returned to Dolphin, then used Disney transportation to get around from there. There's several options for rental car desks inside hotels like Dolphin, Hiltons & Holiday Inn at Disney Springs, which have their own buses to parks you can get on or walk to DS & go to bus depot there if you want to go directly to a Disney resort.

I drop the family off at the resort and return to Avis at DTD. They drive me back to the resort. I've end had THEM come pick up the car at my resort. You just have to call and ask (not the 800, but the actual location.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!