Flying Toronto to MCO End of Summer is $$$

Thanks for the reply. That's my fear...that although not as bad as Christmas or March break, it's still prime travel time. But is this only for MCO? Last year we were able to get $2k to MIA vs what I'm seeing now at $2700 for MCO . Btw...iF I do a check returning the Friday instead of labor day Monday, price is the same.

Has anyone flown into Tampa? This brings the cost down closer to $2200 (at the moment anyways)
We would then need to taxi or uber from Tampa airport to Port Canaveral (hotel pre-cruise) and then taxi or uber back to Tampa airport form Disney World.
This is not specific to MCO....it’s vacation destinations across the board. You might find that the Saturday is the lowest price on that weekend but right now Friday through Monday is probably all about the same. There will be price fluctuation closer to the date when flights are at least 60% filled.

Tampa to Port Canaveral is approx a 2.5 hour drive not accounting for traffic. Not sure a taxi or Uber would go that far. You might need to rent a car.

You can fly out of Detroit on those dates for about $377 Canadian return, plus luggage direct on Delta. That would let you sit together. If some of you don't care about that it is $85 less per person.

Edit: Even a bit cheaper now and obviously more convenient out of Buffalo.

Cheaper options like Spirit and Southwest (which I prefer) won't come out for awhile.

This is not specific to MCO....it’s vacation destinations across the board. You might find that the Saturday is the lowest price on that weekend but right now Friday through Monday is probably all about the same. There will be price fluctuation closer to the date when flights are at least 60% filled.

Tampa to Port Canaveral is approx a 2.5 hour drive not accounting for traffic. Not sure a taxi or Uber would go that far. You might need to rent a car.
Thanks for the warning. When I check google, it states about 2hr from Tampa airport to Port Canaveral (we have hotel booked around there) and 1 hr from WDW to Tampa airport...but maybe that doesn't factor in traffic. But good point about uber/taxi. Renting a car seems like a hassle (plus we don't know the route).

You can fly out of Detroit on those dates for about $377 Canadian return, plus luggage direct on Delta. That would let you sit together. If some of you don't care about that it is $85 less per person.

Edit: Even a bit cheaper now and obviously more convenient out of Buffalo.

Cheaper options like Spirit and Southwest (which I prefer) won't come out for awhile.
Thanks. Buffalo to MCO isn't open yet but will check if if not booked yet. Anyone know when they (Southwest, JetBlue) releases for August?

Detroit does save but it's quite far. Guess with Buffalo and Detroit we need to factor in parking and hotel for night before the flight.

As I’m watching too rental cars for that time frame are crazy high as well so that flying elsewhere may end up being more

Thanks. Buffalo to MCO isn't open yet but will check if if not booked yet. Anyone know when they (Southwest, JetBlue) releases for August?

Detroit does save but it's quite far. Guess with Buffalo and Detroit we need to factor in parking and hotel for night before the flight.

We have stayed at park and go hotels. The hotel included parking for about $50 more than I would have paid for parking alone.

Delta and American Airlines have flights open now out of Buffalo. I would still wait. SW varies in when they open up flights. Around 7 months out currently.

I can't recall if Detroit has changed yet but before you could only get out of the paid parking with your CC. The last time we flew out of there we googled a park sleep fly and chose the Quality inn. Our shuttle and flight were earlier than breakfast but the girl openned a few items for us so we could have breakfast and something to drink.
I have never used the Buffalo parking we always stayed at the Sleep inn. They have a good rate, actually better then the park sleep fly but you have to call the hotel it's not advertised. We only knew about it by the signs at the check in desk. Their shuttle service is always good and they have 2 different secured lots and if you ever stay there during the winter the driver has a shovel and booster cables and makes sure all cars are good to go before he leaves.
BTW I am also waiting to see the July schedules for Jetblue and London, Kitchener and Hamilton

Thanks for the warning. When I check google, it states about 2hr from Tampa airport to Port Canaveral (we have hotel booked around there) and 1 hr from WDW to Tampa airport...but maybe that doesn't factor in traffic. But good point about uber/taxi. Renting a car seems like a hassle (plus we don't know the route).

That's the time without traffic and it could certainly be much longer depending on the time of day. It's also using 528 to Port Canaveral which is a toll (I'd use it but you have to factor in the cost. I'm not sure how much that one is but you're on it for close to 50 miles)

That's the time without traffic and it could certainly be much longer depending on the time of day. It's also using 528 to Port Canaveral which is a toll (I'd use it but you have to factor in the cost. I'm not sure how much that one is but you're on it for close to 50 miles)
Thanks for explaining as I'm not familiar with Florida roads and traffic.

Another question....how risky is a connecting flight (end of August)? We can get a decent price (525 each for 2K) if we fly from Toronto to Charlotte and then Charlotte to MCO (3.5 hrs inbetween) and then direct home MCO to Toronto.
Don't know CLT airport and connections make us nervous but if low risk then ok.
PS - Flying in the day before the cruise.

JetBlue just dropped the rest of their summer fares today . We usually fly JetBlue outta Syracuse . It’s almost $600 more mind you it’s direct
So we are looking at delta outta buffalo with connections is coming up just under 1400 usd for the 5 of us

JetBlue just dropped the rest of their summer fares today . We usually fly JetBlue outta Syracuse . It’s almost $600 more mind you it’s direct
So we are looking at delta outta buffalo with connections is coming up just under 1400 usd for the 5 of us
Thanks for the note. I noticed that Jet Blue released today. It's strange though as they only have one direct flight from Toronto.

That's a pretty good price for 5 with Delta. How to you find connecting flights? When looking, I never know what would be a safe time between flights.

Thanks for the note. I noticed that Jet Blue released today. It's strange though as they only have one direct flight from Toronto.

That's a pretty good price for 5 with Delta. How to you find connecting flights? When looking, I never know what would be a safe time between flights.

I always go for at min an hour to hour and a half never less than that. Lord knows they don’t feed you on planes anymore so it gives us a chance to stretch and eat some lunch ot breakfast . I feel Better with earlier flights too.. usually we fly direct but JetBlue seems really pricey right now
I’m debating booking delta or waiting ti see southwest

I always go for at min an hour to hour and a half never less than that. Lord knows they don’t feed you on planes anymore so it gives us a chance to stretch and eat some lunch ot breakfast . I feel Better with earlier flights too.. usually we fly direct but JetBlue seems really pricey right now
I’m debating booking delta or waiting ti see southwest
Ok thanks...so 1.5 hours or more. Yeah...to bad things are so pricey this year. Really hope it comes down.
Do you know when Southwest opens up for the summer? It's a paint they don't all release at the same time.

Ok thanks...so 1.5 hours or more. Yeah...to bad things are so pricey this year. Really hope it comes down.
Do you know when Southwest opens up for the summer? It's a paint they don't all release at the same time.

im not sure I’m thinking if I was Sw I’d drop shortly after I wouldn’t wait till their scheduled drop date so you get early bookers

I bit the bullet hopefully I won’t regret I switched our days a few days and got
Buff to Orlando direct jet blue . Am flight there evening flight back for the 5 of us for $1300.
Direct ,picked our seats , and I like JetBlue

we rented a car first three days and will spend those in Tampa then drive back to Orlando to start our week at Disney . ( we bought fun cards for Busch Gardens for 2020 bc it included rest of 2019 for free and we go in a couple weeks to Tampa for hockey )

just glad to be done

I bit the bullet hopefully I won’t regret I switched our days a few days and got
Buff to Orlando direct jet blue . Am flight there evening flight back for the 5 of us for $1300.
Direct ,picked our seats , and I like JetBlue

we rented a car first three days and will spend those in Tampa then drive back to Orlando to start our week at Disney . ( we bought fun cards for Busch Gardens for 2020 bc it included rest of 2019 for free and we go in a couple weeks to Tampa for hockey )

just glad to be done
That's awesome! You're going in the summer right? Did you switch to mid week? Sounds like a great trip you have planned.

I'm wondering if we should just book. I'm seeing it at $601 which ends up being about $2400 for 4 of us (early flight out on both sides, direct from Toronto). It's about $400 more than I'm hoping to pay but other flights are so much more and currently are more at $2700. Sill sounds like a lot. It's a gamble...wait or just book.

I find that waiting until Southwest drops their fares helps find lower fares elsewhere. If both JetBlue and SW haven't dropped yet, you're too early. I was searching for air the week before U.S. Thanksgiving, and once SW came out, Air Canada dropped to "only" C$100 more per person to fly from Pearson to MCO compared to Buffalo direct to MCO.
Of course, that does not include luggage, which flies free on SW, or paying to park our car for the week, which is far cheaper at BUF than Pearson. Times the difference in airfare by my party of six, and you can see why we're on SW this NYE and why we'll probably take JetBlue to DLR in 2020.

That's awesome! You're going in the summer right? Did you switch to mid week? Sounds like a great trip you have planned.

I'm wondering if we should just book. I'm seeing it at $601 which ends up being about $2400 for 4 of us (early flight out on both sides, direct from Toronto). It's about $400 more than I'm hoping to pay but other flights are so much more and currently are more at $2700. Sill sounds like a lot. It's a gamble...wait or just book.

Yes departure day August 21 return date of sept 2 . I like that I can aww thank seats and I prefer crossing the border first. It’s always such a guessing game . I just waited till I found something I was comfortable paying and I grabbed it .
you could drive yourself crazy checking flights and rob always find something cheaper than what you end up booking .. I don’t have the time or the stress level room. It’s done and off my mind . Lol

I find that waiting until Southwest drops their fares helps find lower fares elsewhere. If both JetBlue and SW haven't dropped yet, you're too early. I was searching for air the week before U.S. Thanksgiving, and once SW came out, Air Canada dropped to "only" C$100 more per person to fly from Pearson to MCO compared to Buffalo direct to MCO.
Of course, that does not include luggage, which flies free on SW, or paying to park our car for the week, which is far cheaper at BUF than Pearson. Times the difference in airfare by my party of six, and you can see why we're on SW this NYE and why we'll probably take JetBlue to DLR in 2020.

Yeah we go carry on only . My new policy . It’s fla wear your pants hoody and light jacket on the plane . We can easily do laundry there . It’s not the cost it’s a whatever it takes to get me out of the airport lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!