Flying w/kids since 9/11

Kaylasmom

Earning My Ears
Our e-tickets state that everyone must have identification at check-in. Obviously kids wouldn't have any ID so does anyone know if anything is required for kids - like a birth certificate? Thanks!

In Nov. we were not asked for any ID for our kids. I did have copies of birth cert with me just in case.

We just got back Tues night. We had 4 adults and 3 kids, and they always just asked for ID's for the adults. I wouldn't worry about it.

Children traveling domestically with their parents or legal guardians shouldn't need ID. We just got back (last December) from a trip that included a 16 month old baby and a five year old. No one ever even suggested that their parents provide ID. To really set you mind at ease, check your specific airline's web site or give them a call.

we've flown 3 times with kids since then. Once we were asked for their birth certificates. I'd be safe and bring them anyway.

Ditto. We always have a certified birth certificate for each of our two children. The kids are now 9 & 10. I keep them in the journey pocket of my PassPorter guide. To date, we have not been asked for them.

We had DD's birth certificate and social security card and we had to show it at least 3 times coming and going in November and December.

And on a totally different subject -- you may want to let your children know they WILL see soldiers with big guns at the airport. I saw a little one freak out upon seeing the soldiers in uniform with their rifles. It can be a bit alarming to some children.

Thank you all for your help. It sounds like I should definitely carry her birth certificate and social security card to be on the safe side. Aprincessmom, thank you very much for the idea of warning her ahead of time about the soldiers in the airports. I hadn't even thought of that so I will definitely begin talking to her so she won't be frightened or alarmed when she sees them.

I haven't been asked for ID for my 5 yo, but they seem to be asking for anyone over about 5 feet tall. Most of the teenagers were using school ids.

We carry laminated mini-photocopies of our passport ID pages; easier for security to scan than a birth certificate, and it's a photo ID.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter