Folding Mobility Scooter on MK Railroad?

StilAPrincessAtHeart

Mouseketeer
This winter, I will be using a mobility scooter for the first time at the parks. It will be my own fancy personal scooter that’s folds up into a rolling suitcase. One of my favorite things to do is use the MK Railroad to get across the parks, but I can’t recall if there are accessible cars for scooters, etc... or if you have to leave your scooter at a stop and just transfer onto the train (thus having to leave your scooter and just ride in a circle). My point is that I want to use the train to get from point a to point b, while staying with my scooter. I realize that rolling suitcases are NOT allowed in the parks. But if I just fold it up to get onto the train, that should not be a problem right? People usually fold up strollers to get on the train correct? I honestly can’t remember.

Thanks for any input!

The first train car is accessible with a ramp for entry onto the car.
There is a wheelchair spot next to a bench, so you could physically roll it on. I can’t say whether they would allow you to fold it and put it onto the train car.
You would need to talk to the CM at the entrance to tell for sure. I have occasionally seen a very small, more manœuverable ECV on the train, so it’s worth asking whether you can ride without folding It.

also, in case you’re not aware, the train is currently closed due to the Tron Roller Coaster construction. There has not been an opening date announced yet.

Are all the train stops even ECV accessible? Is there a ramp up to the Main Street one? I remember the Frontierland one was pretty steep, but it was a ramp.

Are all the train stops even ECV accessible? Is there a ramp up to the Main Street one? I remember the Frontierland one was pretty steep, but it was a ramp.
Yes.
the easiest is the New Fantasyland stop, since it is flat.
the Frontierland ramp is narrow and steep. The ramp for the Main Street station is on the far right side as you face the station. (The City Hall side).
It is long snd quite steep with several switchbacks.

The first train car is accessible with a ramp for entry onto the car.
There is a wheelchair spot next to a bench, so you could physically roll it on. I can’t say whether they would allow you to fold it and put it onto the train car.
You would need to talk to the CM at the entrance to tell for sure. I have occasionally seen a very small, more manœuverable ECV on the train, so it’s worth asking whether you can ride without folding It.

also, in case you’re not aware, the train is currently closed due to the Tron Roller Coaster construction. There has not been an opening date announced yet.

Oh no! I knew it was down for a while because of construction, but thought it’d be back up by now. Fingers crossed it’s running again by January. Thanks for all the info!

Thanks everyone for all the info! I have a bit of anxiety and frustration over having to use a scooter now for travel and parks. I have EDS, so I am mobile, but after about 20 min on my feet my body will begin to fall a part (literally). It’s still sometimes hard for me to accept, but I know that, especially at Disney, scooting will give me even more freedom and time in the parks. I just wanted to make sure that I’m still able to do all the things I love!

You can bring your ECV right onto the train. We've done it many times. All stops are accessible also.

I've always had to leave the ECV at the train station at WDW and come all the way back around to pick it up again. Is this something new they started allowing before closing down the train for the Tron construction? I've brought a wheelchair on to the train but they wouldn't allow an ECV last time I was there before it shut down. Just curious!

I've always had to leave the ECV at the train station at WDW and come all the way back around to pick it up again. Is this something new they started allowing before closing down the train for the Tron construction? I've brought a wheelchair on to the train but they wouldn't allow an ECV last time I was there before it shut down. Just curious!
The last time we rode was last September. We entered at the station by Splash and used the ECV ( large one).

The last time we rode was last September. We entered at the station by Splash and used the ECV ( large one).

Like @Selket above, historically I have had to leave my personal device at the station, and make the entire loop because it wasn't allowed on - and my device is very compact, can be folded down to the size of a golf bag, and can maneuver in very tight places. The CMs were always *very* firm that no ECVs of any kind were allowed.

Perhaps you were Pixie-dusted?

Same as Selket and Mamabunny - we were always made to park it at the station and make the full loop around the park to pick up the scooter there. And we rent a Pride Go-Go from Gold, so a fairly small scooter.

I guess that was Sept. of 2018. Last time I rode the railroad was a month before (Aug. 2018) and I definitely had to leave my scooter at the station at the front of the park. I can't explain it - lol!

This reminds me of the Haunted Mansion que where every time I go they say "no scooters" in the que (either the FP que or regular que) so I have to leave it but others say they've taken it in. Maybe there's just times they allow something for a reason we aren't going to figure out or perhaps based on crowds or some construction somewhere, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!