FOMOm + Boss Baby + Grumpy + LegoNut = A Hectic but Amazing Adventure! PTR

Wosmama6

Mouseketeer
Hi there! I'm hoping you all can help save my sanity. I am on my fifth (or so...) booking for our upcoming spring break. More on that in a bit. The cast:
Queen Annie Banany. We are all her humble servants. She runs the show and punishes us when we deviate from the plan. At 18 months, her first trip to the world will be more of an adventure for me than for her, probably.

The Good Knight Owen, DS6, trip #3 (but #2 doesn't count, trust me, read this TR), sweet, and like his mama in that normal life makes him anxious and roller coasters make him happy.

The Fairy Godmother... or is it Cinderella but just the part where she picks up after everyone? Depends on the day. Me, 34, lover of anything magical, including HP. I work from home and am an extrovert SO GIVE ME ALL THE PEOPLE!

And Prince Charming DH, who would just flat out die if I said "honey I put your picture on a forum for discussing disney planning!" He likes universal and as a crowd-averse introvert, MK is kind of his nightmare now that there are no slow days. He's a physician, so his idea of a vacation is being completely still, seeing no one, and answering zero phone calls/pages. His job is hard; all day, every day, if he screws up, someone dies. Galloping through the World doesn't exactly relieve the stress of 14 hour days like this, so I hear him... but off we go!

The first trip I booked was a week at a Poly studio with hoppers. And even though DH is a doc, student loans and 12 years of making less than min wage/hour (it's a good salary until you realize they're working 80-100 hour weeks, not 40!)... that sticker shock was a lot.
Then I booked a week at Universal, giving into my Dis-pising hubby.
Then I knocked that down to 5 days because a suite in one of the premier hotels there is bonkers.
Then my friend calls and is like "hey my mom has a timeshare, do you want a guest certificate? it's so cheap for the week!" and I'm like YES YALL BOOK IT.
And then I learn that uber carseat isn't a thing outside of a few select destinations, not including the hit-or-miss/high-pressure sales Westgate vacation villas... but I don't want to insult one of my oldest friends, so I think... what if we booked a couple nights at the poly at the end of the trip so that we can do MK conveniently? that makes sense, right?

SO, after ALL THAT, here is the plan. Tell me what you think!

Sat, 2/29 - arrive on direct flight to MCO @ 12:15p, pick up Avis rental from preferred line (no lines, car ready to go), drive to Westgate Vacation Villas to 2BR deluxe villa. DH drops me and DD off to deal with sales pitches, lines and check in. He and DS head off to Gatorland, because I've been told it's hilarious and that he will love it, and it's a good 2 hour diversion. If the line is short, I'll just send him to a playground onsite with both of them. Head to Walmart grocery pick up line closer to check in time, load up the car with breakfast, snacks, frozen pizzas. I am NOT cooking on vacay, but I don't mind microwaving. Anyway, we'll have dinner in, just to give DD a couple of hours before bedtime to be in villa and become familiar.

Sun, 3/1 - sitter for DD arrives at 730, DS, DH and I leave for UO no later than 8. Valet park, start at whichever park opened second with express pass, stay until we finish/sitter needs to leave. Get done whatever we can get done. I would love to but am not really expecting to ride Hagrid's. Eat at Toothsome's today or tomrorow.

Mon, 3/2 - if we make it on time, RUSH to Hagrid's if we didn't ride it yesterday. If we got everything we needed to done at UO on Sunday, maybe sea world? DD will be with us, so this is a flex day. We may need it for UO and may not, and the pool, Sea World and Dis Springs are all things we can flex schedule.

Tue, 3/3 - THE DISNEY FUN BEGINS! Check into Poly villas studio (w/ rented DVC pts), using second bathroom as pack n play gave for Queen DD, using app. HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS! Drive and park. Will we get free parking here if we don't physically go to Poly before going to HS? Since we have DD who can't ride the biggies, try to get separate sets of FP+ for DH and me/DS. Slinky dog, star tours, walk around Star Wars (riding prob won't happen), Disney JR shows... whatever we can get done in a couple of hours. Whenever we get the text that our room is ready, we will go relax at the poly! enjoy the pool... I was hoping to book Hoop De Doo Revue here, the 4pm show, but am wondering if it's too much for the little one. We can always do room service. We don't plan to spend more than a few hours at HS (and even if DS wants to stay, I can take DD back to room to relax). What do you think? Hoping to decide now because it will probably determine whether or not i get a dining plan.

Weds, 3/4 - Animal Kingdom day! QS or snack breakfast, get am FPs for me+DS: FOP, Everest, Dinosaur. DH rides via riderswap. Get am FP for DS for Navi, and PM for Kali and whatever else, FOP if we can get it. Try to see Lion King, Nemo, Up. Not super concerned about Kilimanjaro because we live 15 mins from a zoo and have a membership.
Right now we have Saana ADR at 525, want to get it earlier, like 4 or 430. DD goes to bed at 630. Is the ADR too much for DD? I LOVE AKL food and haven't tried Saana yet...

Thurs, 3/5 - MK day!!! Right now we have BOG ADR for PPO at 805 and will mobile order. If we get the FP+ we want, we will cancel this and get some Tonga Toast. AM FP+ for me: 7DMT, PP, Space, PM for DH: BTMR, Pirates, Splash. We also have an ADR at Liberty Tree booked but may cancel it. After we use FPs, we head back to the room ON THE MONORAIL!!!!! (Can you tell I've never stayed at a monorail resort?!), relax, nap, pool, whatever. If we feel up to it, head back to view parade. Room service/pizza delivery dinner, watch fireworks on the beach

Fri, 3/6 and Sat, 3/7 UNDECIDED! I had kind of left these days open. DS insists on Legoland, so either today or Friday he and DH will drive down there. I'll stay back with Annie. one night we want to do fireworks from INSIDE the park and will get a sitter. Not sure whether or not to book a dessert party, but DH hates crowds, so... we also want to go to Artist Point. Right now we have a reservation for Friday night at 7:25, but it needs to be at like 4 or 430 because I want DD to go, I think she will enjoy. So i'm watching for that. Friday is EMH at MK, so maybe we do that but go against the grain (aka not to fantasyland) and enjoy a pretty empty adventure and frontierland? Also, Fri night is Villains after hours, so i'm hesitant to book for fireworks that night with extra ppl in the park... Help me decide here! LL is a must, sadly, but only for DS and DH. DD and I will take the monorail to World Showcase or hop on the gondola for fun.

3/8, Sun, flight back leaves at 10:05, will still have rental car so no Magical Express.

Tell me, those of you who've been with an 18 month old, am I crazy? Am I totally crazy to pay for the Poly when I have Westgate a stone's throw from the World already paid for (and nonrefundable)? Should I get the dining plan with a toddler? Any tips/tricks?

Last edited:
I should also say, we went with a monorail resort for two reasons:

1) DD might need breaks if she decides stroller napping isn't happening.
2) The offsite transportation to MK is horrific. Drive, park, tram, wait in line, monorail, wait in line... 45 mins later... if we weren't going to MK I'd skip the onsite portion entirely.

Following!
I know my daughter would have been a nightmare for later ADRs (after 6PM) when she was that age but with Disney exhaustion, she may very well be asleep the whole time...
Maybe check with the restaurant if they allow strollers inside the restaurants?
Sounds like a great plan!

Following!
I know my daughter would have been a nightmare for later ADRs (after 6PM) when she was that age but with Disney exhaustion, she may very well be asleep the whole time...
Maybe check with the restaurant if they allow strollers inside the restaurants?
Sounds like a great plan!

Oh yeah no way. Any dinners with her will need to start at 5 at the latest. Even DS passed out at 1900 park on our 2018 trip and he was almost 5! The sisters had a field day with him!

Today in planning:

Last night I sat down and tried to calculate if the dining plan was worth it for us. I think I basically decided that since we tend to order take out instead of eat in restaurants on vacation, it's probably not. I just see us ordering Poly room service quite a bit, which from a value standpoint doesn't make sense (2 TS for some pizza?!)... With our current plan, which includes Hoop De Do, 2 character meals and 2 room service nights, we have 11 TS and 3 QS for 5 nights, which means we'd need the deluxe plan, which is more than what we'd spend if we just paid out of pocket (but not by much, and not including alcohol).

I just like the idea of prepaying so DH doesn't drop a jaw at a $25 cheeseburger. Cutting our BOG PPO breakfast would help. It is so obvious that disney knows why you're booking that restaurant an hour before the park opens. You wanna pay $100 for some pastries and OJ? Sure! I feel less offended by EMM, I think :)

I'm also starting to think through themed Christmas gifts. The big gift is obviously the trip, but since the magic bands won't ship til Feb, I am just going to wrap everything I'm buying FOR the trip.

Park day outfits:
3/1-2: UO. DS has a hogwarts tee and a spiderman tee (and a jurassic world tee!), but is getting a Gryffindor robe from Santa! I ordered DD an "I solemnly swear..." onesie and lightning pants, but I may have a sitter for her, so may not need them. I also bought him a Gryffindor lanyard to carry the express pass. I got a hufflepuff lanyard for myself (though I'm between there and ravenclaw, honestly :rotfl2:) AND THE BEST TEE EVER "Books turn muggles into wizards." I'm a HUGE book/reading nerd, so this was a must! DH has a discreet black and gray spiderman lanyard and that's probably the best I can do :) Also snagged DS some HP jammies for this night.
3/3: HS. I want to grab DS a star wars tee, he has grown out of all his lightning mcqueen tees!, and DD something adorable. Mrs. Potato Head? Boo? I will probably go muppets themed for myself. DH has never even seen star wars (hence our plan to just spend a couple hours in this park, 6 day tickets were like $20 more than 4 day lol), but I might be able to convince him to rock a Pizza Planet shirt! We'll need some PJs here, ideas?
3/4: AK. We may just go with animal tees this day. DS has a really cute Boden top with different marsupials on it that would work. But if I run across some cute Lion King stuff, it's on! DD, oh man, the options are endless. I'd love to do head to toe in Dory blue!! Also need PJs for DS for this day, though we have plenty for DD!
3/5: MK day! DS has a donald duck shirt he wore last year, but I'm overwhelmed with options for DD!!! HOW DO YOU EVEN DECIDE FOR GIRLS?!?!? I mean, I do love tigger! And she does have lots of generic mermaid stuff. And for the adults, well, DH can wear whatever he wants because it's MK day and I need to let him control SOMETHING lol. I'm on the hunt for myself.
3/6: this flex day might be another MK day
3/7: This is probably Legoland, and I just don't care what they wear there :rotfl2:

Today in planning, I reached out to Extra Hands to request a sitter to make things a little easier on DD. She'll get some park time, but not as much as us, and there is zero reason to take her to universal! I also switched our AK and HS days!

AND! OUR DVC RENTAL WAS CONFIRMED!! We requested a confirmed reservation and just finalized it, so basically instead of 4 nights at the poly we are staying there 5 nights because it's the SAME PRICE as going through wdw! WAHOO!

I started this PTR a little over a month ago but it feels like FOREVER. Today was finally FP+ day and I feel pretty solid about all but one choice, and even that one is fine!

First, the Xmas reveal: DS6 was super confused that his big present that we had talked up for 2 weeks was 3 helium mickey balloons and some bracelets (magic bands). I should've made a sign or something. He's very excited now but it was not a YouTube worthy reveal, that's for sure.

Our town does a Christmas light drive along on the beach boardwalk, which is normally closed to cars. Honestly, it's not that great. It's fun for little kids but adults would yawn. However, my 18 mo old... she yelled WOOOOOOWWWWWWW at every single light. Every single one. We were DYING and it made me so very excited to take her to WDW. She is going to love it.

Throw whatever else you read out the window, because our plan has changed big time.

First, the timeshare. Our friend who used to be a full time nanny and has a southwest companion pass is coming with us to watch the kids when we need a sitter. She's bringing her 4 year old daughter and is someone my kids know and will be on call all week with several days scheduled for DD to have a break from the tot-unfriendly parks like HS and UO.

SO FOR US!!!

2/29: Arrive at noon, take Tony Hinds' car service recommended on the UO boards, check into Royal Pacific JURASSIC WORLD SUITE!!!! When the sitter (Let's call her Mal) arrives she will pick me up from the resort so that I can check her into the timeshare since there's no way to change the res. And I'll just give her the keys and uber back. We'll have a few hours in the parks but since we're staying so close and have express pass, no real plans.

3/1: Mal will come to the resort to watch DD. DH, DS and I will have fun all over UO until we're tired, hopefully eating an early dinner at Toothsome.

3/2: DH and DS will go to Legoland. DD and I will have some pool or play time in the am depending on weather, and then Mal will come so I can stroll WWoHP alone or start our dis days early at WS solo! (We have a 6 day pass and 5 days planned).

3/3: Tony Hinds will come to take us from RPR to the Poly Villas, where we'll drop our bags and head to MAGIC KINGDOMMMMMMM I can't even use an acronym I'm so excited :rotfl2:
We have FPs for BTMR, HM, PoC with an extra FP for Spla due to Rider Swap. We def don't need the 9 am Splash FP but I may try to change it to PPF and just RD BTMR. Just wanted to be safe in case we miss RD due to traffic.
Then we have a 1230 Tony's res with the FoF package, a 2:20 Harmony barber shop first haircut for DD and then leaving after the parade!
We have a 5pm Kona res but I'll probably drop it. DD will need to eat again though, and I hate to use our deluxe dining plan on a QS meal, so we'll see. We might end up sharing just a couple credits and boxing leftovers for the room. I also may schedule a late dinner for DH and I and have Mal come after DD's bedtime (I'm worried she will scream for hours, so I want to be there to put her to bed)

3/4: Today is a late start with a 10am Ohana brunch. Our first FP of the day is noon RS EE/DINO, then Kilimanjaro at 2 so that we have time for the Boneyard. Then we booked the tier II FOLK dining package with a 3pm show and 4:45 dinner at Tiffins. Between the show and the dinner I will meet Mal at the gate with DD so that she can get to bed on time, because the rest of us are staying in the park for PANDORA AT NIGHT! I have an FOP FP for 620 and we are hoping to book another or at least Navi directly after and end the night taking in the tree awakenings.

3/5: We start the day with PPO BoG breakfast and are hoping to hop in a short 7DMT line. First FP is Space for DS and DH and Cinderella for DD and me. Then PPF at 10. The earliest we could get for 7DMT was 2pm, hopefully moving to much earlier so that we can pick up FPs for other fun stuff on the right side.
We have a nice midday break and then the garden plaza fireworks dessert party for me, DS and DH while Mal hangs out with a (hopefully sleeping soundly) DD.

3/6: This is our HS day. We didn't get SDD, but I will refresh for the next two months until we do, or at least try to get a same day drop. Mal will come to watch DD cause there's nothing for her to do. I booked a H&V PPO so that we can hopefully a) get into a shorter tapstiles line) b) have a quiet place to sit and grab a BG for ROTR c) do something with the excess time we have to be in HS. Hoping to RD ToT and then head over to TSL for a TSM FP and then Muppets and Star Tours FPs. Want to spend the rest of the time exploring SWGE and hope we get on an early BG. We have a scifi ADR in case we don't. We HAVE TO
call it a day by 2, becauseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

MY CHRISTMAS PRESENT WAS A COUPLES MASSAGE AT GRAND FLORIDIAN FOLLOWED BY VICTORIA AND ALBERT'S DINNER.

Yes, you read that right. The story is funny. DH was like "I researched the best romantic place at Disney and tried to call and get a reservation and they all but laughed at me, this was going to be your christmas gift, is there somewhere else you'd like to go?" After I hugged at him and his adorable dis-naivete, I set up a TP res finder alert. AND WE GOT THE DAY AND TIME WE WANTED WITHIN 24 HOURS. Cray.

So, yeah. We're doing that. :banana:

3/7: This is our last trip day, left as a back up for HS in case we don't get a BG or have to leave before ours is called on 3/6. We did manage to get a SDD FP for 1pm, and I FPed DisJr and Frozen in the AM since Mal is leaving today and we'll have DD with us. I'm hoping we'll accomplish all that we want on 3/6 (really the only musts are ToT, ROTR and TSM, which we couldn't ride in 2015 due to crazy crowds). If we get an earlier BG, we'll end the trip with Artist Point or Hoop de Do, but I'm hoping I'll be able to snag those with a lot of refresh late in the game.

3/8: Tony takes us back to MCO, the saddest 4some you ever did see.

NOW, WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH MYSELF FOR THE NEXT 60 DAYS!!??!?!!!!!?????

--

Attachments

• 20191226_082913.jpg
    20191226_082913.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 0

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!