Food Allergies and "finger foods"

heatherfeather24

Mouseketeer
Hello all. My question is not Disney related, but y'all have so much good info here, I thought I'd give it a shot:

Just found out that DS (7 months) is allergic to milk and eggs. He's already starting on finger foods, but one can only eat so many Gerber "puffs" before one gets bored. Besides small bits of fruit and veggies, soy cheese and other soy-based "dairy" products (and the aforementioned "puffs"), does anyone have milk/egg free finger food recommendations? Also, are there any brands of dry pasta that are egg-free?

TIA!
HF24

Glad I found your post! My son Seth, now 20 months, was diagnosed with over 37 food allergies when he was 11 months old! His first test only showed allergies to eggs, milk & beef so that's all we avoided at first. There is pasta that's egg-free, Ronzoni is egg-free but made in a facility that uses eggs. How bad is his egg allergy? Seth LOVES rice crackers as well. I also make him "animal crackers" from a mix I buy from Allergygrocer.com and use soy milk and egg replacers (make sure the egg replacer is really egg free since some of them aren't). Oh, and if he's getting sick of Gerber Puffs, their apple wagon wheels are dairy and egg free (the carrot ones have cheese). Hope this helps a bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter