• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

food allergies for a 1year old?

MimiKay

Mouseketeer
I have seen lots of post talking about allergies and requesting a day or two before for a special menu....but will they do this for a one year old? I mean, I know he probably won't be able to eat much on the buffets, etc. but I would like him to be able to eat some type of ice cream or soy cream or something??? My son is 10 months old and just now starting to eat some table food... he is extremely allergic to milk (I mean it would be a trip to the hospital, again, if ate some) The allergist told me because he is so severely allergic to milk to avoid eggs, peanuts, seafood, etc. for now. I'm really struggling to find things that a good to eat like cakes, ice cream, fun stuff, you know? If you have any suggestions or advice on our trip?? we have ressies for Chef Mickey's, Breakfasourous (sp?), the Garden Grill, and Ohana's. Thanks, in advance, for your help!:confused: :crazy:

You know at that young of age and such a serious allergy, I think I would just bring ALL his own food. WDW is wonderful with allergies but chances are there will be some things that they use that are new to him and I just don't think I would take that chance. Of course some fresh fruit mashed up might be nice but he REALLy will not realize he is missing a thing by not having those special treats.

Good LUCK

Jordan's mom

My 9 year old nephew is a walking allergy! He has 3 types of skin allergies, asthma, environmental allergies, many food allergies and eye conditions. My sister and the rest of the family have been dealing with allergy issues for years.

We all just came back from WDW 2 weeks ago. The foods that he was less allergic to we let him have a little. The other items were off limits! My sister brought his snack type foods with her. This was much easier because they are hard to find and tend to be expensive. This child is allergic to milk, soy, wheat, nuts, some fruits and veggies, etc. etc. etc. We have a food list of what he CAN eat. We read labels very closely and if in doubt he does not eat it.

For a child so young and just starting to eat table foods he will not know what he is missing. Bring whatever he likes from home and then you do not have to worry about trying to find out the list of ingredients in the foods prepared at the Disney restaurants. Less hassle and worry for you. Plus, your little guy will eat some of his favorite snacks that he likes already!

My ds has LOTS of allergies. One of his allergies is shellfish and we are eating at Coral Reef. When I made PS arrangements they gave me the number to the Chef and said to call him a week before our meal so he can order special food and he will know to cook our ds' food on a seperate grill and such. The CM talked as if they are VERY accomodating to food allergies. You can speak to the Chef and make your request with him, but be sure to give them time to order anything special.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter