Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! An October TR - 12/2 A PTR Link!

Leshaface

DIS Veteran
Food and Wine? Sounds Divine!

Catchy right? When Im tired, I become a little goofy and kooky and started rambling last night to my DH about our trip coming up and mentioned in my long-winded sentence about how much food and drinks were going to partake in, and I asked him, Food and wine? in which the face I got was :eek: and when he didnt answer I said, Sounds divine! So thats how the name for the TR came about.

For those that dont know me, my names Alicia. Im 29 and have been a lover of all things Disney since I was a wee one. Im a fan of every single Disney movie, with my favorites being Beauty and the Beast, Alice in Wonderland, Nightmare Before Christmas and Monsters Inc. This is my DS, who is now 10 months old and will be 1 when we go in October, and me on 4th of July

DS has a favorite character already. He loves Sulley from Monsters Inc!

DS has been to Disneyland twice and WDW once. His first trip to Disneyland was at 6 weeks and WDW at a little over 2 months. Im excited to see how hell do on this trip. Hes obviously way more active now, so it will be fun to see how he reacts to characters and different attractions.

This is my DH, Dan, who just turned the big 3-0 in July. He never really got into Disney until I came around. He somewhat likes Disneyland, but is in LOVE with WDW and the Disney Cruise Line. In fact, hes the one that made the ultimate decision to buy a contract with DVC in Spring of 2012 because he wants to go to WDW all the time! His favorite Disney movie is definitely Meet the Robinsons. You dont hear about that movie much, but he loves it! In case you cant tell, DH is on the right ;)

Also along for the ride is my DM, whos age shall not be revealed. Shes the reason why I love Disney so much. My dad (who passed in 2007) and her would take my brother and I to Disneyland every year when we were little and our trips started dwindling down as we got older, but I sure do appreciate those trips now. My moms first trip to WDW was last December and it was actually her first time on a plane since 1996. She really enjoyed WDW so much, that shell get on a plane to visit again!

Now that introductions are out of the way, lets get down to the nitty gritty.

Dates: Saturday, October 5, 2013 Friday, October 11, 2013

Where: EVERYWHERE! SSR, AKV and BLT. Yes. Everywhere. I do have a waitlist for the first night at AKV, so if that goes through, the first 3 nights will be at AKV and the last three nights at BLT.

Purpose: To eat and drink at as many booths as our stomachs allows us! And to get DS's first haircut!

Our Daily Schedule:

Saturday, October 5
-Havent gotten our flights yet, but pretty sure well be flying out of LAX at 6am, arriving at MCO around 3pm
-I think we decided to rent a car for the first couple of days while transferring between resorts, so no ME going to the World
-Were going to make a pit stop at Super Target, which isnt too far from SSR to pick up some water and milk (who will be on cows milk during this trip!) for the kid and any other items we may need
-Check in at SSR, 1 BR
-Go to DTD and grab some dinner
-DH and I want to make a stop at BCV to say hi to my friend Alison (franandaj) who will be hosting a dinner there with some other DISers and possibly grab a drink

Sunday, October 6
-Transferring to AKV Jambo House 1BR (unless waitlist comes through, skip this)
-Well be heading to Animal Kingdom Park today. Ive heard that the weekends during F&W are crazy at Epcot, so were not planning on coming here, unless we feel brave later that night

Monday, October 7
-EPCOT Food and Wine all day!

Tuesday, October 8
-Check into BLT Lake View Studio
-Return car?
-Magic Kingdom
-Barber shop for DSs first Haircut!
-If we can get in, Be Our Guest for Lunch
-Artist Point at WL for dinner at 6:15pm

Wednesday, October 9
-Hollywood Studios
-Lunch somewhere
-Brown Derby for dinner at 6:50pm

Thursday, October 10
-Epcot
-More F&W booths
-Rose and Crown for dinner at 5:40pm

Friday, October 11
-Depending on our flight time, we may head over to Epcot or MK

I'm not going to be a stickler on this plan. Some of these days i'm sure we'll end up back at Epcot. Well be getting 5 day Park Hoppers and for the first time for us, NO DINING PLAN! Every trip weve always purchased the dining plan and we were discussing it last night and decided to pay OOP for our ADRs. Were thinking with home much we could possibly be eating at F&W, we may not be hungry for all the food that comes with the dining plan. Not sure how Im going to like this. I like the convenience of the dining plan, but well see.

I cant believe were leaving in 2 months and Im barely starting this. But I hope youll join me on this new adventure!

pixiedust::tink::earsgirl:::MickeyMo::MinnieMo

Friday, October 4, 2013
An Eventful Day

Saturday, October 5, 2013
Travel Day
SSR and Lack of Planning
DTD, Dinner and a DIS meet

Sunday, October 5, 2013
AKV Check-in
TriceraTop Spin? More like TriceraTop Spew!
The Flirting Begins...
A Safari Ride
A Delighted DH!
A Band of Gorillas, Part 2
This is a Value View?!
The Mara and a Hard Hit

Monday, October 6, 2013
Epcot Day!
Test Track...or Maybe Not
F&W Festival Center
Noodle sharing? Not in our family.
A Severely Strong Singapore Sling
Meeting with Mickey and Pals!
A Dragon and a Margarita
Tourists Trapped in a Tent
Deutschland!
An Impromptu Visit to the MK!

Tuesday, October 7, 2013
Baby's First Haircut - Part 1, Part 2
The Mayor and some Monsters, Part 2
Big News!
Be Our Guest - Part 1, Be Our Guest - Part 2
Rides and Refreshments
BLT - Lake View Studio
Artist Point
A Night in Fantasyland, Part 2

Wednesday, October 9, 2013
DHS!
Studio Backlot Tour, Part 2
A Monster Meet!
A Pirate Meet!
ABC Commissary and Muppets
An Unexpected Change
50's Prime Time Cafe Dinner
My DH. The Freak of DHS.
Nevermind! Here's the Freak of DHS.
A Food Booth and Illuminations!
Tutto Gusto!

Thursday, October 10, 2013
Did you ever see an elephant fly?
The Great Goofini and the Astounding Donaldo
Laying Down the Law...Two Times!
A Couple's Photoshoot and Epcot
Killing the Food Booths
I Do NOT Smell like an Old Lady
Getting those F&W Stamps!
An Awkward Conversation
Last Night with a Night Off!

Friday, October 11, 2013
Worst Travel Day Ever, Part 2

RECAP
F&W Passport, Part 2
Highlights of F&W
Trip Highlights - Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5
Favorite Photopass Pictures

Disneyland Anniversary Trip - July 13-16, 2014
Long Beach, Part 1
Long Beach, Part 2

Disneyland - Car Troubles
Disneyland - Toontown and Tomorrowland
Disneyland - Mountains and Lunch
Disneyland - A Planned Show...and an Unexpected One

DCA, Part 1
DCA, Part 2
DCA, Part 3
DCA, Part 4
VGC

DTD and Pool Time
Trader Sam's
Napa Rose
A DIS Meet
Last Day

I'm here! Subscribing.. can't wait to read about your plans and next trip to WDW... only 2 months away now!

Emma princess: x

His favorite Disney movie is definitely Meet the Robinsons. You dont hear about that movie much, but he loves it! In case you cant tell, DH is on the right ;)
This is one of those movies that I always stop to watch whenever it is on TV. In fact, I watched it on TV just a few nights ago. It probably isn't the first movie that comes to mind if I have to name my favorite Disney movie, but I do love it and it is definitely the most underrated Disney movie. :thumbsup2

I'm not going to be a stickler on this plan. Some of these days i'm sure we'll end up back at Epcot. Well be getting 5 day Park Hoppers and for the first time for us, NO DINING PLAN! Every trip weve always purchased the dining plan and we were discussing it last night and decided to pay OOP for our ADRs. Were thinking with home much we could possibly be eating at F&W, we may not be hungry for all the food that comes with the dining plan. Not sure how Im going to like this. I like the convenience of the dining plan, but well see.
I think this is a great plan. We love the convenience of the dining plan, but we've found that we can always eat cheaper at table service meals without it. We still use the QSDP to cover some snacks a couple of our meals each day, but I would definitely just do what you're doing and go all OOP since you're going to F&W.

And I'd definitely take full advantage of those park hoppers. Especially since EPCOT is only a monorail ride away from BLT. :thumbsup2

Feel free to share any pictures/tips/experiences from your Disneyland trips as well. :rolleyes1

Count me in - sounds like a fun trip :)

We've only been to F&W once before but loved it!

Joining in! Can't wait to read all about your trip. We'll actually be there Oct 9-13th, too. Love the Food & Wine Festival!!

Joining in! I hope you guys make it over to the BCV and can kick it with us for a drink or too. I'm not planning on doing anything else that night as Epcot will be crowded and we will habe been.running around the whole week before.

The rest of the plans sound great, you might need more time for the booths at Epcot. :rolleyes1

Yeah!!!!! A new TR!!!!! :cool1: Your plans looks great! Your DS is cuter than ever! So adorable.

3 resorts. :faint: I hope a wait-list comes through for you! It's going to be such a fun trip!

I'm in! I'm kind of sad that my trip is later in October and I will miss everyone!

Jill in CO

I'm here too! :goodvibes

So excited to hear about this trip! We love Food & Wine! We went in 2010 and 2011. In 2010, we had a lot of ADRs also and we learned from that not to overdo it. I think you're wise to not do the dining plan this time. You may well find yourself not-so-hungry at mealtimes after hanging out at Food & Wine.

Are you bringing Calvin to Artist Point with you? We've been remembering how good that place was and thinking about adding it to our plans.

That's crazy that he'll be on cow's milk by the trip! I can't believe how fast these babies are growing up! :sad2:

Plans sound great. I'm sure you'll have a great time!

Lesha, I am in!

I will try to read as much as I can, but not sure I will be able to comment much in the coming 4 1/2 weeks .......... we're on our way to WDW and the Disney Fantasy at the moment.

Forgot - love the photos!

;) Looks like I made page 1;)

The plans look great. I hope the waitlist comes through. I don't like the idea of moving once let alone two times.

I'm here! Subscribing.. can't wait to read about your plans and next trip to WDW... only 2 months away now!

Emma first one! :cool1:

Have you updated your TR yet? Want to hear about your trip and Boston. I saw some of your pics but didn't look into detail cause I want to hear the story first :goodvibes

This is one of those movies that I always stop to watch whenever it is on TV. In fact, I watched it on TV just a few nights ago. It probably isn't the first movie that comes to mind if I have to name my favorite Disney movie, but I do love it and it is definitely the most underrated Disney movie. :thumbsup2

I think this is a great plan. We love the convenience of the dining plan, but we've found that we can always eat cheaper at table service meals without it. We still use the QSDP to cover some snacks a couple of our meals each day, but I would definitely just do what you're doing and go all OOP since you're going to F&W.

And I'd definitely take full advantage of those park hoppers. Especially since EPCOT is only a monorail ride away from BLT. :thumbsup2

Feel free to share any pictures/tips/experiences from your Disneyland trips as well. :rolleyes1

Totally underrated. That's what DH says every time it comes on. In fact, back in December 2011, we got a Boxer (had to give him back, long story) and DH named him Bowler Hat Guy, but called him Bowler for short:rotfl:

The more I think about it and the more comments i'm getting regarding not getting the dining plan, i'm feeling a little more relieved about it.

Andy, you must come to Disneyland someday. I think your kids would love it, and so would you of course.

Count me in - sounds like a fun trip :)

We've only been to F&W once before but loved it!

Hi Linda glad to see you here!

I'm in!

Can't wait to hear all the details!

Hi my friend welcome!

Joining in! Can't wait to read all about your trip. We'll actually be there Oct 9-13th, too. Love the Food & Wine Festival!!

Ooh awesome!

Checked out your last TR. You and your hubby are so cute:goodvibes

Joining in! I hope you guys make it over to the BCV and can kick it with us for a drink or too. I'm not planning on doing anything else that night as Epcot will be crowded and we will habe been.running around the whole week before.

The rest of the plans sound great, you might need more time for the booths at Epcot. :rolleyes1

Yes! DH is pretty adamant about going to see you. Actually, the other night, he asked my mom if she wouldn't mind hanging back at the resort with DS so we can go visit. Hopefully you didn't want to meet my mom and DS this night. I need to go back and check your PTR about your daily schedule. I was also hoping to get together at one of the booths for a drink too.

I know, there are some nights where we'll probably find ourselves going back to Epcot, even if for drinks. I can officially drink now that i've stopped pumping as of a few days ago! :cool1:

Yeah!!!!! A new TR!!!!! :cool1: Your plans looks great! Your DS is cuter than ever! So adorable.

3 resorts. :faint: I hope a wait-list comes through for you! It's going to be such a fun trip!

Hi Mary Ellen!

Ugh, I'm praying it goes through too. However, i'd rather have an extra day at WDW than no day at all, so if it doesn't go through, I'll just fix it with some drinks :thumbsup2

I'm here! Must come back and read :)

Yay hi Pam!

I'm in! I'm kind of sad that my trip is later in October and I will miss everyone!

Jill in CO

Oh poop Jill. Even though we won't run into each other, i'm glad you're going to experience F&W!

I'm here to join in!! :goodvibes

Hi Gina!

I'm here too! :goodvibes

So excited to hear about this trip! We love Food & Wine! We went in 2010 and 2011. In 2010, we had a lot of ADRs also and we learned from that not to overdo it. I think you're wise to not do the dining plan this time. You may well find yourself not-so-hungry at mealtimes after hanging out at Food & Wine.

Are you bringing Calvin to Artist Point with you? We've been remembering how good that place was and thinking about adding it to our plans.

That's crazy that he'll be on cow's milk by the trip! I can't believe how fast these babies are growing up! :sad2:

Plans sound great. I'm sure you'll have a great time!

Glad to hear that the dining plan is probably not the best idea for us this time. Obviously i'm so used to buying it, it just came natural, so the idea of not getting it threw me off.

Oh ya! We're definitely taking Calvin to Artist Point. Although i'm not really sure what we're going to feed him yet. :rotfl: What the heck do you feed 1 year olds? I was telling DH the other day that you were doing the baby led weaning and he was so nervous about trying it. We tried giving him chunkier food a couple days ago (it was still pureed, but some of the carrots came out in small little chunks, smaller than a pea) and he started choking on it :scared1: We both got scared so we don't know when to stop feeding him pureed food! Also, did Dug Baby get her teeth? Aside from the two bottom teeth that he has, one of his 'fangs' are coming out on the left side along with one other tooth next to it. You'd think with all his teeth that are coming in, he'd be able to do better with chunkier food.

Isn't it so CRAZY that our babies are so big already? I'm really excited to try Cow's milk with him. Not a huge fan of the formula - BTW, I stopped pumping 4 days ago, but am mixing my backup frozen BM with formula so he's not fully on formula yet - but I hate this powdered stuff. At least with cows milk it's more natural.

Lesha, I am in!

I will try to read as much as I can, but not sure I will be able to comment much in the coming 4 1/2 weeks .......... we're on our way to WDW and the Disney Fantasy at the moment.

Forgot - love the photos!

;) Looks like I made page 1;)

Hi Karin! Woot woot sounds like a looong, fun trip!

The plans look great. I hope the waitlist comes through. I don't like the idea of moving once let alone two times.

:rotfl2: I was telling Mary Ellen, i'm praying it goes through too. But i'd rather have one extra day at WDW than no day at all.

Following along! :)

Hello and welcome!

Oh ya! We're definitely taking Calvin to Artist Point. Although i'm not really sure what we're going to feed him yet. :rotfl: What the heck do you feed 1 year olds? I was telling DH the other day that you were doing the baby led weaning and he was so nervous about trying it. We tried giving him chunkier food a couple days ago (it was still pureed, but some of the carrots came out in small little chunks, smaller than a pea) and he started choking on it :scared1: We both got scared so we don't know when to stop feeding him pureed food! Also, did Dug Baby get her teeth? Aside from the two bottom teeth that he has, one of his 'fangs' are coming out on the left side along with one other tooth next to it. You'd think with all his teeth that are coming in, he'd be able to do better with chunkier food.
First, regarding teeth, Dug Baby still has zero! She has some strong jaws/gums, though! :rotfl: What I've heard is that babies can't really use their teeth to chew much until they have quite a few of them. So, his may not be super-functional yet.

As far as the chunkier food, was he actually choking (couldn't breathe, not coughing) or was he gagging (coughing, trying to clear it)? If it was the latter, that's pretty common for babies starting solids, as they have a gag reflex that is really far forward to keep them from choking. Dug Baby did that early on, as she was learning how far back she could put food in her mouth. She seldom does it now, as she seems to have figured out the logistics of putting food in her mouth. She has never choked, though I was nervous about that at first. Two main things with Baby Led Weaning that have been helpful for us are 1.) letting baby feed him/herself (don't force anything into their mouth) and 2.) long strips of food to gnaw on. Actually, I'll add point 3 too: having them eat at the table with you and watch you eat...I've noticed her imitating us lately. I would let Calvin experiment with some longer/bigger things, for example Dug Baby likes big strips of chicken breast, steamed veggies (like broccoli), and soft fruits (like nectarines). Just keep an eye on him to make sure he doesn't bite off a big chunk and try to swallow (Dug Baby spits them out if she does this). Or, you could try some things meant for babies that will more-or-less dissolve in his mouth, like the baby cheese puffs (I call them baby Cheetos :) ) He may not consume much at first, but he'll get to experience new flavors and textures. Dug Baby will try anything right now...we couldn't believe she ate Indian food the other night (she especially liked paneer cheese)...we were like, "We could bring her to Sanaa!" As far as what to eat at Disney, I think we'll bring some pouches and snacks as back-ups (she likes to suck down the pouches, even though we never spoon-fed purees), but we'll try to pull things off our plates that might be suitable for her. That's what we do now when we go out. Especially veggies and fruits. I don't think we'll order her her own meals unless she really ups her intake in the next 4 months. We'll see. Sorry for the novel, but if you have more questions, let me know!

ETA: I have heard that with spoon-fed purees, babies get used to swallowing before chewing, but with Baby-Led Weaning, they get used to chewing before swallowing. So, you might have a little transition period if you try it, where he needs to learn to chew/gum things before swallowing. I'm thinking that may be why he has trouble with the chunky carrots...couldn't just suck them down?

Oh - side note - I did see in another TR that Artist Point is surprisingly good for babies, so that's cool!

Isn't it so CRAZY that our babies are so big already? I'm really excited to try Cow's milk with him. Not a huge fan of the formula - BTW, I stopped pumping 4 days ago, but am mixing my backup frozen BM with formula so he's not fully on formula yet - but I hate this powdered stuff. At least with cows milk it's more natural.
I can't believe we're almost at a year and they'll be able to drink cow's milk. I'm planning to keep BF at home/pumping at work until a year, then taper off the pumping and just keep BF morning/night, if she's interested. And do cow's milk at daycare. That must be so nice to be done with the pump! I can't wait! On a side note, do you know if WDW has whole milk? I hadn't thought about that until now.

Anyway, looking forward to hearing more about your plans! :goodvibes

Emma first one! :cool1:

Have you updated your TR yet? Want to hear about your trip and Boston. I saw some of your pics but didn't look into detail cause I want to hear the story first :goodvibes

Hi Lesha,

Sorry no I've still not made a start on the TR.. really want to start writing it though! All the photos are on photobucket so I'm almost ready to get going :goodvibes

Btw I also meant to comment on Meet the Robinsons.. love that movie! So many fun lines and quotes from it too.. "I have small arms, and a big head... and I don't think you thought this through.... master?!" :rotfl:

I'm here! Yay for food and wine!

I have the same Ewok shirt as you :goodvibes

I also really like Meet the Robinsons, totally underrated. The T-Rex, ha! I haven't seen it for ages though, so I should find it again.

My DH would agree with yours, he's 'meh' about DL, but really loves WDW. Go figure! Cute photo at Carsland, we haven't made it there yet :(

Sounds like a good plan so far. I can't believe Calvin is getting so big and last time you went he was only 2 months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter