Food at DC

Jen80370

Mouseketeer
I am thrilled to be going to DC, but I have a question...has anyone done a review on the restaurant?

I have never seen a review BUT...........We went last year and the food was great. They had quite a few entree's to pick from(fish,steak,chicken,veg.) , deserts,salads and many different types of beverages. There were outdoor covered tables with lots of atmosphere. We felt like we were on a tropical island all day. Can't wait we are going again this July..........
Hope I was helpful..........
:pinkbounc
:bounce:

I had the salmon there and it was EXCELLENT. All the other meals were very good, and there were no complaints in our group ( or any others I saw)

SAME HERE FOOD WAS GREAT AT LEAST 4 OR 5 CHOICES OF ENTREES. SALAD & DESSERTS. I ALSO FELT THE PORTIONS WERE LARGE!! I WAS JUST AT D.C. IN APRIL, ITS JUST LIKE EVREYONE ELSE HAS SAID,HASN'T CHANGED. ENJOY!!

Here's my review of your dining options from the Discovery Cove chapter of "The Other Orlando":

Dining at Discovery Cove

Your lunch is included in the price of admission and is served cafeteria-style from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the Laguna Grill, another imposing Polynesian-style structure about halfway into the park. Although the service style may bring back memories of your high school lunch room, the food is surprisingly good if somewhat limited in choice.

This is not an all-you-can-eat buffet but a set meal that includes an entree, a side salad, a soft beverage, and a dessert. Your entree can be either a warm dish or a cold salad, with just a few simple choices in each category. The salads are the fairly standard chef's, chicken or seafood, while the hot entrees tend to be simple pasta combinations or stir fry dishes, the sorts of things that can be served up easily from a steam table. I found the quality to be quite good although not exceptional. All seating is outdoors, most of it well shaded.

Care is taken to assure you get only one "free" meal; an attendant swipes the bar code of your ID card when you pick up your food. If you want seconds or crave another meal later in the day, you will have to pay for it. For those with hearty appetites, entrees are in the $9 to $11 range and an extra dessert will set you back about $3 or $4.

There are two refreshment stands located elsewhere in the park, one near the Dolphin Lagoon and the other near the stingray pool and Aviary. Here you can get soft drinks, iced tea, fruit punch, and lemonade for about $2. More elaborate fruit smoothies and similar concoctions are about $3.

For those who crave something alcoholic, the Cove offers a range of "tropical frozen specialties" for about $5. Budweiser beer is on draft for about $3. Wine is just over $3. The snacks are pretty unimaginative and include nachos ($4), soft pretzels ($1.25), and Shamu Bars ($2.50). Fresh fruit for those who insist on snacking healthily costs $1.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!