Food Delivery...

andeesings

DIS Veteran
I've got a brief stay at a Fort cabin with five friends before a cruise coming up next week. We didn't book any breakfast (except embarkation day we booked a little celebration at Trail's End) and I was wondering if it was worth it to have some breakfast food delivered to the Ford (just some eggs, milk, juice, cereal) for a day or two or if I could just buy a dozen eggs at the settlement and have done with it.

What does everyone think? I've never had food delivered to a Disney resort before, I don't know how it works! Anyone have any advice? We'll only be there Tuesday-Friday, and Tuesday we don't get there until the evening.

I don't know what the "Delivery Charge" is for companies like Garden Grocer, but if you are only going to get a few items such as you have identified, it may be worth it just to go to the Meadows or Settlement Trading Posts. It's a bit pricey but still may be cheaper then having a small order delivered.

They do have those "Staples" (eggs, bread, milk, cereal, coffee, etc....)

We have Garden Grocer every year but we stay 10 days and it's cheaper and more convienant in the long run. However with your layover it would probably be easier to get your needs at one of the trading posts. They'll have everything you need, though more expensive it'll be better for you in long run.

I'd just buy at The Fort store. Also GG has a $40.00 minimum order.

Last edited:

Based on posts from another board AMAZON is now delivering to WDW Resorts no delivery fee from them but $5 fee from Disney What about picking up staples prior to checking in at local market

We've used garden grocer but for a week trip. For just a few things, I would just go to the trading post. I'm looking into instacart for my next trip. It's like garden grocer but seems like the prices are better. Www.instacart.com

WDW is also delivering to the cabins... i am not sure where i found this info but I printed off a order form and they deliver beofre 5 pm on check in day I will see if i can find this information
here it is
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/cabins-at-fort-wilderness-resort/
Convenient but also a $10 s/c on top - luckily we're driving down with the RV and can bring our daughter's groceries with us for her that we pick up somewhere on the way. Definitely worth comparing to the other companies though for those without any other options.

We've used garden grocer but for a week trip. For just a few things, I would just go to the trading post. I'm looking into instacart for my next trip. It's like garden grocer but seems like the prices are better. Www.instacart.com
Hi! I am looking into instacart for my trip in early January as well. If your trip is before January, and you decide to try instacart, can you please post an update on how it went? Thanks! :)

Hi! I am looking into instacart for my trip in early January as well. If your trip is before January, and you decide to try instacart, can you please post an update on how it went? Thanks! :)
I have read either on the Budget Board or forum Community Board of people using them with success.

Sadly we aren't scheduled to return to Disney until November 2018. :sad:

going to reopen this thread since my DH just asked me about food delivery - has anyone tried Instacart? Trying to determine if we want to have delivery or pick up on our way from Universal that day. Would much rather just have it delivered than take a party of 9 into a grocery store. hahaha.

We leave in 31 days!

If there's no satisfactory delivery option, several of the Walmarts in the area have grocery pickup. You just park, and they put it in the trunk for you. It's free, and it's amazing. It's with doing IMO just to save the time spent walking around the store and in the checkout line.

Have always used Garden Grocer but there prices have seemed to have gone through the roof. A 40 pack of bottled water from Nestle is now $11. :eek: A gallon of 2% store brand milk is $5.39 and a 1/2 gal is 4.29. A cup of Chobani yogurt starts $1.99 :eek::eek::eek:

Amazon Prime Now has a 24pk of Zephyr Hills water for only 3.33, their price for a 1/2 gal of milk was about $3.50, and the yogurt was $1.00.

So it's going to be Prime Now for this trip.

Have always used Garden Grocer but there prices have seemed to have gone through the roof. A 40 pack of bottled water from Nestle is now $11. :eek: A gallon of 2% store brand milk is $5.39 and a 1/2 gal is 4.29. A cup of Chobani yogurt starts $1.99 :eek::eek::eek:

Amazon Prime Now has a 24pk of Zephyr Hills water for only 3.33, their price for a 1/2 gal of milk was about $3.50, and the yogurt was $1.00.

So it's going to be Prime Now for this trip.

I cosign this! We just used them in Sept, and will use them again for the marathon in Jan, but BOY! Expensive!! A bag of Fresh Express is $1.79 at my local grocery store, and they sell it for $5.99!!! Chobani is .88¢! They are going to price themselves higher than the Disney marketplaces!

This Jan I am going to use them for the perishables, and order drinks and dry goods through Amazon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!