Food festival drinks and cocktails??

luckycharliegirl

Mouseketeer
Looking for pics and opinions on the drinks and cocktails at the SW food festival. I'm debating getting a lanyard just to get the sample sizes but wondering if that makes sense?

you can check the sticky menu thread - I think I have most of the menu boards up for the 7 Seas festival drink areas. I don't have pictures of the drinks themselves so can't help as far as size but I have heard others that did the math and said the lanyard was worth it.

Thanks. I've reviewed your pics a few (hundred) times. :P Thanks for those. Just curious if the lanyard was worth it for the sample size drinks. (I picture dixie cup size :worried:)

I personally think the lanyards are worth it but tend to get more food with them then drink, so that might change the equation. The drinks are 4 oz I believe.

If you are going soon - they just started a promotion where on Fridays during March you can "double your pour", which would make it an even better deal. Here are the details from their blog -

Double your pour after 4 p.m. on all sample sized Seven Seas Food Festival beverages and enjoy even more time to surprise your taste buds and discover exciting new flavors around the park with all Culinary Markets open from 4 - 9 p.m.
As if a Friday night at SeaWorld wasn't the perfect capstone to your week already, now you can enjoy 2-for-1 punches on all Seven Seas Food Festival beverage samples every Friday in March. All you need to do is purchase a Seven Seas Food & Beverage Sampling Lanyard and start planning your culinary voyage around the world!

Get two sample size beverages for just one punch. Sample size is 4oz. Available only at Seven Seas huts from 4pm – park close on Fridays in March. Must be the same beverage. Not available on food samples. Must be 21+ to consume alcoholic beverages. The punch card lanyards are valid for sample size items which may be redeemed only at Seven Seas Food Festival locations. Please be prepared to show photo I.D if purchasing alcohol. Each redemption requires valid photo ID. This product is non-refundable and non-transferable and not valid for resale. Will not be replaced if lost or stolen. Sampling Lanyards valid on Seven Seas Food Festival dates only.

We loved the food samples we bought last year. The sample sizes are large and can be shared. 5 in one day filled both of us up, so one lanyard lasted 3 days. After an annual pass discount on the 15 punch pass, samples are down around $4 each. We maximized value by sticking with expensive protein dishes. The mini lobster roll was our favorite, but we also loved the picanha at the Brazilian booth, noodles at Asian booth, fish taco, shrimp po boy and scallop and lamb chops. There are many new items we want to try this year.

The drink samples were laughably small so we used all of our punches on food. We have been to Epcot's Food and Wine festival for 14 years. These samples were impressive and a much better value. Just be careful when you order an item. I tried to get newly cooked items and not the stuff that had been sitting around for who knows how long (there as a lot of it too). I"d wait until they ran out of the precooked stuff, paid and then waited for a fresh one right off the grill.

The desserts looked great but were not as good of a value so we only had one. I want to try more, but may pay cash for cheaper items instead of using punches if the value isn't very good. Many of the desserts were priced around $4, so compared to getting an $8 lobster roll for a punch, they just aren't a good deal.

Thanks for the info! Good to know. 4 oz. isn't much of a drink but i'll be with family and kids so that will be a better choice than 3 full size drinks :) I'm eyeing up those key lime martinis I think I saw

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!