Food going downhill ??

Avoid Blue Zoo - it's a walking disaster. Great building & Service - rotten food.
We ate there last fall and it was tremendous. Great seafood and a great waiter. We would definitely go back.
Sounds like we had a totally different experience then you had. This was much better than Flying Fish and we really enjoy Flying Fish.

The food has gone way downhill. Very few items have been unedible or disgusting, but most items I have been eating at WDW are just bland, look eye catching on the outside but don't deliver flavor, or are boring. The corn in the Pecos Bill's toppings bar had a very off taste on my trips last year and this year. The cupcakes are just beautiful on the outside (the mermaid ones are splendid!), but almost every cupcake I have tried around property is dry with greasy, slimy frosting. But I remember days when the cupcakes were something to look forward to! I still have a few dependable items that I love, and some of the festival Epcot items have been a success though. :)

We have gone 5 times since 2006 and to us the quality had gone down. For our 6th trip almost 2/3rds will be at hotels and we have found the food there to be better. I blame WDW for the decline. If they could they would have nothing but the same boring things on every menu at every park, just to save more money on purchasing the supplies. In park we look for places not actually owed by Disney like Yak & Yeti who actually seem to want our business.

In my personal opinion, the quality of the standard park fare food has gone down, while the quality of specialty food items (e.g Satuli Canteen protein bowls) has gone up. Of course, this is a reflection of Disney trying to make money. They would make more profit purchasing low quality standard park fare such as hamburgers and serving it at a relatively overpriced value and then selling the hq park fare like the protein bowls at yet again a respective high price.

More and more we are finding meals (both in the parks and at resorts) to be entirely too salty, some to the point that they were nearly inedible... and I like salt. I certainly don't remember having so many over salted meals I past years. This doesn't seem to be as much of an issue at the signature restaurants, but we find the list of restaurants we a crossing off our list to be growing. For reference, some of the saltiest meals we've had in recent trips have been The Wave, Rose & Crown, and Ale & Compass.

In my personal opinion, the quality of the standard park fare food has gone down, while the quality of specialty food items (e.g Satuli Canteen protein bowls) has gone up. Of course, this is a reflection of Disney trying to make money. They would make more profit purchasing low quality standard park fare such as hamburgers and serving it at a relatively overpriced value and then selling the hq park fare like the protein bowls at yet again a respective high price.

I have to agree with this. There are still some good meals you just have to know where to look.
I also believe the DP has some to do with it... Burgers appeal to almost everyone is --I will lave out a few- so charge $$$ and make them cheaply.... I have not had a burger at Disney in at least 10 years with the exception of the kids burgers at a resort which I enjoy as it has little meat with a lot you can put on top and the milk and cookie after and what......
I also enjoy a lot at DS and EPCOT countries but some of them have taken a bit of a turn but still not as bad as a lot of Disney owned. I however still enjoy some Disney owned and those are the less popular ones which did not change their menus I years except for the price but even that is not to bad considering.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter