Food Question

westcoastgirl

Earning My Ears
I am a very picky eater and do not like sauces on anything. For the dinners, could I ask for the meal without the sauce, or are they pre-made? I don’t want to be a pain but I usually just end up ordering the same chicken every single night and get sick of it by the end of the week. Thanks:)

I’d expect they will be completely accommodating and serve your meals however you ask.

In addition to the featured entrees, there is also a regular menu of more standard dishes to select. Or you can pick off the kids menu to. On DCL it’s how you want it.

I am a very picky eater and do not like sauces on anything. For the dinners, could I ask for the meal without the sauce, or are they pre-made? I don’t want to be a pain but I usually just end up ordering the same chicken every single night and get sick of it by the end of the week. Thanks:)

You will be just fine! The dining room servers truly want you to enjoy your meals and if they notice a guest is not enjoying and/or eating up something they are quick to ask. Just tell them what you love to eat, and don't hesitate to ask them to leave off any sauces. They will be more than happy to accommodate you! :cutie:

I always ask for no sauce and no starches......always been fine

Exactly!!! DCL/Disney is very good to help with dietary requests or needs.:sunny:

This is awesome news! I just didnt want to be a pain! I do eat the kids meals but most of the time, I do like the fish or main course but because of the sauce, I don’t order it. I will try it on our cruise in February!

This is awesome news! I just didnt want to be a pain! I do eat the kids meals but most of the time, I do like the fish or main course but because of the sauce, I don’t order it. I will try it on our cruise in February!

Awesome! Please just do not be shy about letting your MDR serve team know what you do and don't like the very first night. They will take great care of you! Bon appetit! :flower2:

The lighter offerings menu is going to give you several choices each night, including a grilled steak, chicken breast or salmon fillet. These are served with vegetables and your choice of rice or baked potato. Very plain, no sauces.

I seem to remember the options on the “Lighter Offerings” section of the menu being pretty simple (no sauces), in particular the salmon option.

The lighter offerings menu is going to give you several choices each night, including a grilled steak, chicken breast or salmon fillet. These are served with vegetables and your choice of rice or baked potato. Very plain, no sauces.

That's true! I forgot about the Lighter Offerings on the menu! Great idea for the OP. :cutie:

Please do not feel like you are being a pain or you are putting your server out. You will find they are very happy to help. It's part of the DCL corporate culture.

Personally, I love the sourdough rolls. On the ships they have different dinner rolls every night depending on what restaurant you are in. However, I ask my waiter one time to make sure they have a selection of sourdough rolls for me, and they always do. You will be just fine.

Just remember when it comes to tip time that you asked them to be a little accommodating and they were!

I am a picky eater too. Don't feel you have to limit your selections to the "Lighter Fare" or kids menu. If there is something on the menu that appeals to you except for "X" (whether that is a sauce or a side), feel free to order it and have them leave "X" off. They are happy to accommodate you. While the kitchen starts to plate the meals with everything just to keep up with demand, it is not a big burden to request they leave something off.

I just came to suggest the lighter offerings menu, too. You can easily get a steak with no sauce (or chicken, etc.) along with steamed veggies and a baked potato or plain rice. It sounds right up your alley!

Thanks everyone! I did notice the lighter fare menu and would switch back and forth between the salmon and chicken on prior cruises, however, I must admit by the seventh night of doing this....I was pretty sick of both. I usually hated going to dinner as I knew it would be the same thing. I am so pleased to hear I won’t be a pain and will just order the dinner without the sauce. And yes, great idea, an extra tip will be added for their troubles! Thanks again everyone!! I am excited to eat a bit different for this trip!

this is not unique to DCL btw

as mentioned in my sig' I've cruised a bit

EVERY and yes I mean EVERY line I've sailed has gone the extra step to try and accommodate dinner reqests

no sauce
extra sauce
double fries
no veggies
plain steak
plain fish
something from another dining room (somewhat DCL unique)
a second helping of ....
a second app/soup/entree

well ... you get the point .....

this is one of the cruise traditions that goes WAY back ....

as does the tipping btw .....

this is not unique to DCL btw

as mentioned in my sig' I've cruised a bit

EVERY and yes I mean EVERY line I've sailed has gone the extra step to try and accommodate dinner reqests

no sauce
extra sauce
double fries
no veggies
plain steak
plain fish
something from another dining room (somewhat DCL unique)
a second helping of ....
a second app/soup/entree

well ... you get the point .....

this is one of the cruise traditions that goes WAY back ....

as does the tipping btw .....
Exactly. I find the same willingness to accommodate passengers on other lines is at least equal to DCL.

We had the last couple of meals right next to the servers station and I was facing them and since I've worked in kitchens long enough to be interested and not so long that I have PTSD, I tended to watch how it flowed. Meals are plated in the kitchen, but they're sent up with a relatively large container of sauce on the side and the servers sauce. Keeps the sauce warmer and makes it all fresher. But also accommodates people who don't want it. So while they will bend over backwards trying to do things for you, sauce is really virtually zero effort for everyone. Totally easy for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter