Food review: 8/6-8/11

That's a Wrap!

The next morning we were in an Uber by 10 am (see pic below) so nothing to report food wise but wanted to add a couple more notes:
- All sauces are now served in packets or little plastic side cups, although the packets were definitely more common. Not fun, but totally understandable.

- Options are limited in weird ways you don't expect so plan ahead by having snacks in the room. We bought a loaf of bread, peanut butter and jelly from Screen Door our first night and it was a lifesaver. I think my son blew through 10 sandwiches while we were there during times we just couldn't get food otherwise due to things being closed.

- Some restaurants have their tables pretty much exactly 6' apart while you may be the only person in a room at the next restaurant. However we felt safe at each place we visited. We quarantined once we arrived home and tested negative 10 days after our trip so eating indoors and visiting WDW can be done safely!

- Wait times for ADRs are minimal which was a nice change from the usual 15-20 minutes in the before times

- Online ADR check-in is AWESOME. This has to stick around post-COVID.

We enjoyed ourselves and are counting down to our Christmas trip. Thanks for following along, I read every report I can get my hands on and hope this one provided some information. Thanks for excusing any and all the typos as well :) Til next time!

Can you tell me your experience at the airport/plane... did you feel safe enough?
I’m so sorry I missed this! Our airport (CLE) was oddly crowded and our flight down was full. This was very unexpected and absolutely the most uneasy part of our trip. Some airlines are doing better than others. We flew frontier because we have credits to use but wouldn’t recommend them at this point. No beverage or snack service either, only bottled water for sale.

MCO on the way back was a ghost town, but the flight was again totally full. Very few dining options at both airports which is the norm across the country right now I believe.

Thanks for the trip report. Really wonderful to be able to live vicariously through you and your family. You guys sound like you made the most of your trip and fit so much in despite lots of odds not in your favor (heat, storms, pandemic, etc.) Good for you guys! You've also encouraged me to check out some of the oldies like Hollywood Brown Derby. I always pass on Homecoming because we used to live in DC and eat at Art & Soul (Chef Art's DC restaurant that's been around for a decade) all the time. But perhaps it's time to check out Homecoming. Maybe we'll check out Trattoria too - I remmeber it as Spoodles and then Kouzzina. We LOVE Beaches, but haven't been back since the expansion. Thanks again!

Thanks for the trip report. Really wonderful to be able to live vicariously through you and your family. You guys sound like you made the most of your trip and fit so much in despite lots of odds not in your favor (heat, storms, pandemic, etc.) Good for you guys! You've also encouraged me to check out some of the oldies like Hollywood Brown Derby. I always pass on Homecoming because we used to live in DC and eat at Art & Soul (Chef Art's DC restaurant that's been around for a decade) all the time. But perhaps it's time to check out Homecoming. Maybe we'll check out Trattoria too - I remmeber it as Spoodles and then Kouzzina. We LOVE Beaches, but haven't been back since the expansion. Thanks again!
Wish I would have been around for the Kouzzina days! We've been to Homecomin' many times and really have never been disappointed. If you like comfort food, you'll be happy :) Beaches and Cream is still pretty small so it's hard to picture what it looked like before the expansion since we'd never been.

Hope your next trip is a food-filled fun one!

I grew up going to Disneyland and still go every few years so yes that’s absolutely where my love of churros comes from! I’ll eat them at wdw too but of course they’re never as good.

Also in Ohio by the way so hello (kind of) neighbor! :wave:
I also grew up going to Disneyland and their churros are SO GOOD! Never had one as good as theirs. I live in Michigan now :wave: so rarely get back but did have one two years ago and it did not disappoint! Ok, sorry, not trying to hijack the thread-I'm just passionate about Disneyland churros too:-):laughing:

I also grew up going to Disneyland and their churros are SO GOOD! Never had one as good as theirs. I live in Michigan now :wave: so rarely get back but did have one two years ago and it did not disappoint! Ok, sorry, not trying to hijack the thread-I'm just passionate about Disneyland churros too:-):laughing:
Your passion is valid and welcomed here :) Here’s to churros again at Disneyland again someday.. sooner than later!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!