Foods you wont try

I don't eat Organ meats.

I also will not participate in any of the new trendy slaughtering, cooking, and eating things live going on in some countries.

I would never eat coffee cake as a kid because I thought it had coffee in it.

This is funny. I had a similar thing as a kid with cheesecake. I thought it was made with american cheese! I thought "that is so gross!!!"

Cheesecake is my favorite dessert as an adult. Go figure.

I will try anything that is cooked, but I draw the line at bugs. Cooked or raw, no way.

There are a lot of things I won't eat, but I'd say most of them are based on what I consider the gross factor itself, not really the name exactly. They do include most of the ones already posted, though: blood pudding, organ meats, raw fish...all on my "no way" list!

And I'm not a vegetarian, but I do avoid some meats - mostly from animals that seem (to me - I know it's subjective) too cute or too intelligent. - Basically, if I'd keep it as a pet, I don't want to eat it!

Any kind of animal that I would consider a pet:

Horse
Cat
Dog

I have eaten everything else on the list so far except the tarantula burger. Most of which I won't eat again but some of the are my favorites (raw fish sushi, sweet breads, escargot, mayo).

99.9% of cheeses, anything mayo-based, organ meats, anything raw or rare, anything that I know has cilantro in it but "you can't taste it" :crazy2::crazy2::crazy2:

Things that I am not sure about when it comes to setting off my medical condition or anything I know that has soy in it.

anything that I know has cilantro in it but "you can't taste it" :crazy2::crazy2::crazy2:
I get that!!

Did you know there's been a study done. There are two types of people - those who love cilantro, and those who don't. The lovers group is larger. Basically it has something to do with your genes - those people who don't like cilantro it's because it tastes like soap (that's me!).

https://nutritionfacts.org/2016/12/06/why-some-like-cilantro-and-others-hate-it/
https://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/14/dining/14curious.html

I would never eat coffee cake as a kid because I thought it had coffee in it.

Does coffee cake not have coffee in it? I’ve definitely made one with coffee in it and eaten a fair few more. (Dislclaimer: maybe ‘coffee cake’ in the UK is a different thing)

I'll eat pretty much anything, and like a lot of things that gross people out. Not because of the name, but wouldn't eat casu marzu (that cheese with live maggots in it--that goes too far.)

Because of the name and what it is, I wouldn't drink a sourtoe cocktail up in the Yukon. A dried up human toe lost to frostbite is too much, even if it's mostly garnish. Also wouldn't eat stink flipper (fermented seal flipper that's been buried a long time. Just no. And I eat fermented foods all the time--make my own kimchi that is NOT vegetarian, but still, seal flipper is just over the top.)

Does coffee cake not have coffee in it? I’ve definitely made one with coffee in it and eaten a fair few more. (Dislclaimer: maybe ‘coffee cake’ in the UK is a different thing)

At least an American-style "coffee cake" is supposed to be something that's served with coffee, but generally doesn't have coffee in it. I suppose "tea cake" would have a similar meaning.

I have eaten a lot of things people would find gross, but I can't do organ meats and would not eat tongue or testicles (Rocky Mountain Oyster).....why would anyone think that is acceptable to eat?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!