Foods you wont try

I was totally going to say, "I'll try anything once!" Then I saw this:

Yeah, I'm not about to eat organs.
If you've ever eaten sausages you've eaten organs. The casings are made from intestines. Hot dogs are usually just the leftovers from the slaughter house processed into the hot dog shape.

At least an American-style "coffee cake" is supposed to be something that's served with coffee, but generally doesn't have coffee in it. I suppose "tea cake" would have a similar meaning.

Yes, you're right. No tea in a teacake. British coffee cake is really lovely though!

I don't and won't eat weird things like bugs or organs, or anything raw, but my dad tried to get me to eat sardines as a kid. Still remember it clearly him trying to get me to eat them and I was so disgusted by the thought, maybe traumatized in my young mind by the audacity of him trying to get me to eat something so disgusting looking, lol, that I still won't go near them.

Last edited:

Nope... to.....heart's, kidney's, liver's, brain's, pancreas, testicles or reproductive organs, tongue, as well as eye balls, chitlins, rutabagas, or anything like head cheese, or blood sausage's. Nope to bugs or snakes...I'm sure there is more

We love the show bizarre foods with Andrew Zimmer... he is so laid back and cool and his show is very interesting..

Nope. Nope and nope to all of the foods mentioned! My dd tagged me in a video of a chinese (or asian) man eating live baby mice - dipping them in sauce and then putting them in his mouth - NASTY!!!!!!!!!!! I draw the line at anything that could chew it's way back out of me lol!!!

I get that!!

Did you know there's been a study done. There are two types of people - those who love cilantro, and those who don't. The lovers group is larger. Basically it has something to do with your genes - those people who don't like cilantro it's because it tastes like soap (that's me!).

https://nutritionfacts.org/2016/12/06/why-some-like-cilantro-and-others-hate-it/
https://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/14/dining/14curious.html

Yes it has to do with the aldehyde receptor genes. To me cilantro smells & tastes like stinkbugs (smell).
Also, for cheese haters, I learned it's likely an evolutionary thing where we self-preserve by not eating anything that smells spoiled. :rotfl:

My mother tried to get me to eat tripe when I was little. She announced she was making something special called tripe. Since there was no internet back then I couldn’t look it up to see what it was. Well my nose saved me it smelled nasty so I didn’t try it.

Tripe is a type of edible lining from the stomachs of various farm animals. Most tripe is from cattle and sheep.

I have eaten a lot of things people would find gross, but I can't do organ meats and would not eat tongue or testicles (Rocky Mountain Oyster).....why would anyone think that is acceptable to eat?

I used to visit factories in Mexico and one of the cafeterias served tongue weekly. It was delicious.

There’s a lot of things I won’t eat, but not because of the name (other than some organs). Raw oysters are at the top of the list.

• Bugs
  • Most organs
  • Sweetbreads (except when used in small measure to balance a charcuterie item)
Most anything else I'll at least take a bite or two before mushing it around the plate.

I will try anything that is cooked, but I draw the line at bugs. Cooked or raw, no way.

Flying ants (they were really termites) were something I ate pretty often as a kid. We would yank their wings off and fry them up with butter and salt. The boys in my school would let them crawl down their throats live as a "macho" type thing......those little buggers could bite! And the goal was to let them crawl down without biting. It didn't always work out well for the boys! The girls would fry them first.

I used to visit factories in Mexico and one of the cafeterias served tongue weekly. It was delicious.

There’s a lot of things I won’t eat, but not because of the name (other than some organs). Raw oysters are at the top of the list.

I will leave it ALL for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter