Foolish Mortals, The travels of Truck 999, The HDT.

Chris what brand of camera do you use?

It is accfly, it was a cheap camera from amazon. It was 32 dollars and then a memory card. We wanted something in the truck, as I know how people drive. I used to drive commercial bus in to NYC, and have seen pretty much everything. So wanted to be able to record, just in case. We also did not want to spend a fortune, as the GPS we want for the truck has a built in dashcam.

Brother if you put that music on a video of you coming down I-65 in south Alabama and getting on the Foley Beach Express and rolling into Gulf State Park, I might drop my cool, calm facade and break into a jig.

:dancer: Or something like that...

And if you pulled out a chilled 12-pack of Coors, that would top it all off. :drinking1

Bama Ed

For those of you that are interested. And yes those of us driving HDT's do have to stop in most states. At 7:22 you see the scan from the lasers of an HDT hauling a camper.

Last edited:
So DW spent a week in Wyoming for work, I survived. This weekend was cleaning/ vacuuming the trailer and getting ready for our next outing. We have had some much rain it is crazy. So have to get work done in trailer when a dry days arrives. So one more trip with the nephews, and hoping at least one more trip after that, and we will need to winterize and put it up for the winter.

So today found me working on the truck. Last week took the truck to work, and had an air issue. Today replaced the air governor, seems like she is holding air a bit better. Have to take it out for a spin and see how it runs. Camping trip coming up again with the nephews.

Update: Sunday, we got a chance to take the truck out and see how she did. My replacement of the air governor was a success. We are now running about 120psi in the air system as opposed to 100 before. Could not adjust the old governor as someone before me welded it so it could not be adjusted.

Last edited:

So Friday found me on the road with trailer in tow. She preformed well. Temps stayed down, transmission was doing well. Seems new governor may have helped one or more of our issues. Gettysburg was the destination. Cooler weather has moved in and today we had a nice day touring the National Park.

_MG_7778-1.jpg

Campsite is a little bit tight, but doable. not level by a long shot, actually had to manual level, computer was having a rough time.

_MG_8011-1-2.jpg

Living history events going on. Here is the Ohio Infantry and Artillery Regiment showing how to fire a cannon. They only use a powder charge, but it is still loud.

IMG_7915-1.jpg
The Longstreet memorial, originally to be completed in the 1940's, finally done in 1998.

This is the arrival of our Gettysburg Trip from the office to the Site. Just the dog and I in the cab. Around the 6:30 mark, I am trying to avoid the rock pile to the left which is threatening to rip the skirts off the trailer and the truck to the right already in his site.

I am trying to avoid the rock pile to the left which is threatening to rip the skirts off the trailer and the truck to the right already in his site.
Spectacular driving job there, and very nice of that guy to move his cart to give you some extra room, and that looked like a mighty big rock.
I understand that everyone is assigned a site, but it seems more and more lately that everyone is right up to the road on their site which can make it challenging at times.

Spectacular driving job there, and very nice of that guy to move his cart to give you some extra room, and that looked like a mighty big rock.
I understand that everyone is assigned a site, but it seems more and more lately that everyone is right up to the road on their site which can make it challenging at times.

The fellow that moved his cart, I went back and thanked him for doing so. It helped immensely in completing that turn. He had also had a problem getting in to his site arriving not too long before I got there also having to avoid the truck. The rocks on the left were pretty good sized, I have pictures of them in the camera and will add the picture to this post, once I get them resized to fit online.

The campground looks huge... Or at least really spread out.

The golf cart move was nice, but it looks like you had it anyway. The stares from the kids along the way were pretty good. Especially the ones on the hill across from your site when you pulled in.

j

The campground looks huge... Or at least really spread out.

The golf cart move was nice, but it looks like you had it anyway. The stares from the kids along the way were pretty good. Especially the ones on the hill across from your site when you pulled in.

j

The campground is very large, but the sites are pretty close. There are a ton of seasonal sites, the whole middle section. I could have made it without the golf cart moving, but the extra foot or two did not hurt. The stares from kids and adults were cute, and the ones across from us was comical.

IMG_8292-1.jpg

This is looking back to see the rocks with the truck parked on his site.

IMG_8293-1.jpg

This shows exactly where my tires tracked cutting the corner, wanted to pull up further into intersection before turning left, but that truck was jacking me up. As the first shot shows, it was not as wide as one would like.

Well the last camping trip, had to replace the suzuki windshield, caught a rock coming off the truck. This week found us replacing the tires on the jeep, they were 11 years old and were cracked and dry rotting around the rim. Put on kumho AT tires, very surprised at how quiet they are, my goodyear wranglers made a lot of road noise. Unloading camper and getting it ready to store for the winter, also working to get the big truck ready for our spring trips, to TN and then GSP.

Unloading camper and getting it ready to store for the winter, also working to get the big truck ready for our spring trips, to TN and then GSP.

Almost time to start the Pre-Trip Report Thread, you said? :rolleyes1 Soon....

So today was that sad day up north when one must "winterize". Trailer lines have been blown out, all food stuffs and any liquids removed from the trailer. Removed the anode rod from the hot water heater, and that needs a replacement next year. Already purchased one last year, so we are good there.

20181028_151906_1540758591786_resized.jpg

Before the last trip, we removed the door that covered all of our important switches. Nice to not have to keep opening the door all the time.

20181028_140712_resized.jpg

I will hit the screw holes with a brown marker to hide the holes a little better.

We also added another piece to our trailer......

20181028_140622_resized.jpg 20181028_140653_resized.jpg

He is attached to the counter with command strips, made it safely down to and back from Gettysburg. We may relocate him later, but for now that is the best place for him.

Have some other things planned for the trailer and for the truck. Hopefully I can get some of them done before GSP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!