Foolish Mortals, The travels of Truck 999, The HDT.

Well just got word that the new pin box for the trailer has been manufactured, so will be processed tomorrow and shipped the cheapest way from the middle of the country to here. Nothing like shipping approximately 90 pounds of steel. It will then be time to take the old one off the trailer and place the new one on. I will take pictures in the process. The joy of little things and work to come.::yes::

So today found me fighting bolts, drilling, running to the hardware store, oh the fun, 6 hours later. My truck now has one fender installed over the tires in the rear.

20181103_170941_resized.jpg

20181103_170953_resized.jpg

20181103_171001_resized.jpg

Not quite perfect, but will protect the front of the trailer better than having nothing. Maybe if the weather holds I can get the other side installed tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20181103_171014_resized.jpg
    20181103_171014_resized.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 7
So today found me fighting bolts, drilling, running to the hardware store, oh the fun, 6 hours later. My truck now has one fender installed over the tires in the rear.

I had a similar back-and-forth today to Lowe's, Chris. Multiple trips to the big box store for me but got my task done.

So will the other one get put on tomorrow?

Bama Ed

PS - the leaves in the background of your pix have a pretty color....

I had a similar back-and-forth today to Lowe's, Chris. Multiple trips to the big box store for me but got my task done.

So will the other one get put on tomorrow?

Bama Ed

PS - the leaves in the background of your pix have a pretty color....

It looks like we will have a rare two days without rain, so my plan is to get the other on tomorrow. I have all the parts, hardest part will be getting the two bolts out that I need to remove. I will get the other one mounted and air up the truck to see how they look.
The tree in the background has great color, sadly our color this year is really really late. All the rain has hampered the color change and in the last week it has been very windy and rainy dropping the leaves that did change before the remainder could change. Not the best year for fall foilage, which is a shame since during the summer it looked like it might be a great year.

Glad you were able to get your task done in plenty of time to relax and enjoy the Bama vs LSU game.

Glad you were able to get your task done in plenty of time to relax and enjoy the Bama vs LSU game.

'Scuse me, huh? Bama and (LS)who?

giphy.gif

Fenders look good. You didn't want to go with chrome?

Vince,

We have talked about singling short. (dropping the divider axle moving up the drive axle to that position.) If we single short we would like to install color matched fiberglass fenders, or have a bed built. So for now we did not want to spend a ton of money on something we might be looking to sell in a couple years. Plus, chrome means polishing, and as you can see, even my moose guard is black.

I do remember you saying you wanted to single your axles. The black on yellow still looks good and protecting the 5er is the important part. :thumbsup2

Looks good Chris. I was wondering if you were still considering singling up the axle. I would think it would make turning easier in some of the smaller campgrounds.

Looks good Chris. I was wondering if you were still considering singling up the axle. I would think it would make turning easier in some of the smaller campgrounds.

We would like to as it would put us more along the size of a dually. New pin box will shorten us up 2 ft. I would like to single sooner than later, but I failed to win the lottery. It will cost about 10K to single the truck out, since I do not have the facilities to do it myself.

20181115_150318_resized.jpg

So DW's car was in the shop and she took my Jeep to work today. I had the option of take the motorcycle or the Beast. Yea, that was fun. Disney has nothing on mother nature for thrill rides. We got nearly 9 inches of snow, maybe another 2 inches overnight. Have video, will download at some point and post a little bit to the web.

Lock the diffs in and have at it!

I'll bet doughnuts are a blast in that thing. :D

j

Lock in the diff coming out of work, and glad I had 4 new tires across the back drive axle. I got an open shoulder more aggressive tire for campground mud, etc. Worked very well in the snow although I never want to make that a habit, glad to know she can do it.

So while we have plenty of time and a few camping trips in between, we booked a Disney trip. It is for the week after Thanksgiving next year which is the first week of December. So we will be looking to get to Disney and see the place decorated for Christmas. We may upgrade to AP since it would be in the 12 month window for the DisMeet in 2020.

We booked a Disney trip. It is for the week after Thanksgiving next year which is the first week of December. So we will be looking to get to Disney and see the place decorated for Christmas. We may upgrade to AP since it would be in the 12 month window for the DisMeet in 2020.
Now you've gone a done it. I was likely going to get APs for the DIS meet trip in 2020 and I have purposely been not thinking about the Fort for 2019. We are going to GSP in May for DISmeet 2019 and have a week booked in Curacao for our anniversary in August.

I've never been to WDW for Christmas, but always wanted to see the decorations... The Disney Visa points are racking up... I get plenty of vacation... I saw your dates on the other post. I may just join you. At least get the reservation. You know, just in case. I can always cancel if DW throws a fit.

j

Now you've gone a done it. I was likely going to get APs for the DIS meet trip in 2020 and I have purposely been not thinking about the Fort for 2019. We are going to GSP in May for DISmeet 2019 and have a week booked in Curacao for our anniversary in August.

I've never been to WDW for Christmas, but always wanted to see the decorations... The Disney Visa points are racking up... I get plenty of vacation... I saw your dates on the other post. I may just join you. At least get the reservation. You know, just in case. I can always cancel if DW throws a fit.

j

We have tossed it around, and I said to DW, let's book it, we can always cancel or move it later. This trip would include both nephews, the oldest on his second trip, the younger one's first trip. We will see what their Mom and Dad have to say, and then have to get them cleared from school. But if they can't go, well DW and I would like to see Christmas decorations, since this years pixie dust fell thru.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!