Foolish Mortals, The travels of Truck 999, The HDT.

It happens Chris. I forgot about the outside shower on my first TT. Didn't discover it until the first camping trip. Thankfully the RV dealer had one. 2 minute screw on fix. The kitchen faucet will be a bit more work. I replaced mine last year to address a low flow problem. Being 5 ft tall with small hands (not me) is ideal.

j

Just finished reading the entire thread. Nice rig Chris! Best of luck getting everything sorted out. I wasn't too far from you before I moved. We were in Sykesville MD. I'll look forward to updates.
Thanks for posting.

Just finished reading the entire thread. Nice rig Chris! Best of luck getting everything sorted out. I wasn't too far from you before I moved. We were in Sykesville MD. I'll look forward to updates.
Thanks for posting.

First of all, Thank you for taking the time to read the whole thread. I know we have gotten off topic once or twice. We will get it all sorted out eventually. Now that winter is here, not much camping going on and have had other projects taking up my time.

So we dropped our trailer off to get an estimate to fix it and hopefully to have them start to work on it. Will know more tomorrow.

Hoping its not a big expense! We are excited for the first trip in the new rig. Plus new puppy! Make her a good old camping companion.

So trailer is at the shop to get fixed. Once we get it back it will be time to spring clean and load up for the season. Have been scouring the web for places to go, mostly local weekend getaways. Have a few projects that need to get done before the season. Fixing the kitchen faucet, fix bed mattress and some other small items. Got a quote on fixing some cancer spots on our tow vehicle, o_O:laughing::scratchin:headache:, to the tune of 7K. So I will be looking in to some alternatives, salvage yards and painting of parts.

Got a quote on fixing some cancer spots on our tow vehicle. So I will be looking in to some alternatives, salvage yards and painting of parts.
What years will fit and what parts are you looking for. We have several places around here with salvage semi parts.

j

I saw a crew-cab, cabover Peterbilt on the road today. Going way too fast for a pic, but thought of this thread immediately. I've seem them before but this thread puts it in a new light. I want one.

I saw a crew-cab, cabover Peterbilt on the road today. Going way too fast for a pic, but thought of this thread immediately. I've seem them before but this thread puts it in a new light. I want one.

I'm in process of securing an International cabover that belongs to my uncle. 20+ years ago I drove it over the road for him when I was building up money for nursing school. I'd like to use it pulling a bigger 5th wheel. Shorter than current rigs so more maneuverable. So far he ain't budging.

I'm in process of securing an International cabover that belongs to my uncle. 20+ years ago I drove it over the road for him when I was building up money for nursing school. I'd like to use it pulling a bigger 5th wheel. Shorter than current rigs so more maneuverable. So far he ain't budging.

There is one that I know of running around the South usually, it is a Red and Blue cab, with matching trailer. They are shorter for sure, but if not equipped with airbags, just springs can ride a bit rough. It makes backing in easier for sure with no nose to worry about swinging around.

So a short update here during the Corona virus pandemic. Have talked to the shop and they are waiting on the frame for my spare tire from Forest River, so I may see it by November if they ever allow people back out again. Not sure if they have repainted yet although they did order the front decals.
I have been in contact with Boar and we are getting ready to order the trailer some new shoes. We are changing out the original tires and going to a semi trailer tire. Should pretty much eliminate the concern of a blowout. They also said I may gain some fuel mileage from lessened rolling resistance.

Chris,

I picked up over 0.5 mpg when I switched to Load G tires. That doesn't sound like a lot, but 9.0 to 9.6 is over 5%. The tires don't squat at all compared to the "E"s. The trailer also handles a lot better. You'll definitely like the semi tires. My only concern is the impact on the suspension and frame. My trailer doesn't have shocks and I think the softer tires cushioned some of the road impact.

j

Chris,

I picked up over 0.5 mpg when I switched to Load G tires. That doesn't sound like a lot, but 9.0 to 9.6 is over 5%. The tires don't squat at all compared to the "E"s. The trailer also handles a lot better. You'll definitely like the semi tires. My only concern is the impact on the suspension and frame. My trailer doesn't have shocks and I think the softer tires cushioned some of the road impact.

j

Well the back end of the trailer is always bouncy and seems to dislodge our clothes always. It lessened a little with the new TV, but not completely. So the tires going on are Continental HS3, changing the wheel over to a 19.5 in rim. Then the only thing left to change out will be a new hitch.

Is your axle spacing wide enough for the 19.5s?

My old trailer had 15 in wheels and the axles were too close to go up to 16s and load range E.

j

So an update here on May the 8th. Our trailer is in the bay with the repair work under way. The new tires and wheels have been delivered and will be installed.
So I have been working on replacing the cab filters for the tow vehicle, then decided to replace the air filters also. Found the previous owner decided to skip the inside safety filter, due to cost. So we have new filters all around, need to get inspections done when we get trailer back. I have things that need attention in the trailer when we get it back, of course. So almost ready to camp.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!