Foolish Mortals, The travels of Truck 999, The HDT.

PaHunter

Reasonably Knowledgable Individual.
Earlier this year we purchased our Heavy Duty Truck. We made our maiden trip 3 weeks later to Gulf State Park for the annual Dis meet. Hard to believe it was only about 3 weeks ago that we concluded that trip.

We have been busy with life, our new German Shepard, Reba. She is settling in very well here. She likes to sit outside and watch the birds in the trees behind the house. Yesterday she watched geese land on the neighbors pond and did not bark. She just watched to see what they were doing.

So not a lot has been done to either the truck nor the trailer. The fenders arrived after we returned from the Gulf trip and are sitting in the garage. The trailer has to go down next month for warranty work, not sure how long we will not have it. Hope to get in a trip or two after.

We have a camping trip scheduled with our nephews and they are always a good time. Weather looks good for this trip.

20180525_081811_resized.jpg

Good luck on the warranty truck. I like your truck, or I should say Bill likes your truck. We can only imaging mountain driving is with this. The Schillings

You sure got a purdy rig. Happy that Reba is settling in and out to be a good fit for you. Hope She will love to go Adventuring with you, the wife, and nephews. Hope that time in the shop is limited and you get her back fast.

You sure got a purdy rig. Happy that Reba is settling in and out to be a good fit for you. Hope She will love to go Adventuring with you, the wife, and nephews. Hope that time in the shop is limited and you get her back fast.

Yes, most of the stuff for warranty work, is not too bad. Biggest issue is the circuit breaker on the hydraulics needs to be replaced with a larger one. Needs new led puck lights though out, as most of them have failed or are failing, and the strobe light effect is annoying.

We will see how the weekend goes, and will keep on posting our travels. Even if this year they will be limited, due to that thing called work. Need to find a job where I can work online or by phone.

Are they chrome fenders or full wrap arounds painted the color of the truck. Inquiring minds want to know

20180622_204414_resized.jpg
Camping with the nephews. The chrome on the front inside the headlight is just stick on and are actually peeling off, the ones by the steps are a cover piece. All the chrome was put on by the previous owner.

Pretty rig though. Need to catch up with you on the story. That would be my goal come retirement. Class 8 with a smart loader and go see the country.

Well today the plan was to get the fenders on the truck. Uh huh, that was the plan alright. Mother nature has other ideas, and well, it is smoking hot here and the humidity is cranked up to boot. So while I have gotten some prep work and fitting done, it is going very slowly. Staying hydrated and not getting sunburnt were high on my list. So I have been working in about 15 min intervals, then coming in to rest and recover. Will get done eventually just may take awhile, as tomorrow is supposed to be worse.

Stay cool and work at an easy pace, it'll get done

Ran in to a snag mounting them, rear and mid brackets are no problem, front side has nowhere to attach new bracket to. So working on solution to problem, may push me in to next weekend.

So still working on fenders and getting them mounted.

Truck has a Volvo D13 engine. We have two fuel tanks both 125 Gallons. They actually hold 117 gallons maximum, so we have a total of 234 Gallons on board when full. We are running about 8 mpg which gives me a range of 1,872 miles to empty. The best part is this allows me to find the cheapest fuel and load up. We have owned the truck since April and have never filled in our home state, due to high taxes. We want to shorten the truck up, drop and axle, this will also increase our fuel mileage. We have a couple more camping trips this year, but not to the Fort. I hope to get some pictures of the inside of the truck and will post them later this week.

Did you ever chase down the overheating problem?

j
Still working on it. Gonna have the thermostat changed and replace the cap to see if that helps. After that will be the compressor. Just trying to get some of the other financials lowered.

I like the "Truck #999" name, Chris.

That's something you can run with and expand on. Seriously.

Bama Ed

Well this weekend found DW and I doing work around the house, cleaning gutters, power washing sidewalks, porch, etc.
Also have a few upgrades on the way for the trailer, new locks. We will be replacing all the ch751 exterior locks as well as both door locks. The door locks will have key fobs just like a car does, it also has keypad access if we do not wish to carry keys for some reason.
RV lock has a 20 percent off deal that ends tonight, but that helped us to decide on changing the doors. The ch751 locks I have wanted to replace since we got the trailer. This will secure our outside compartments.

The dog was supervising.
20180707_115004_resized.jpg

So today fed ex showed up with my compartment locks. My ch751 locks are all gone and have been replaced with tumbler locks. Now my compartments are more secure than they were before. We will be changing the door locks this weekend to an electronic version. Time to let the dog in, the DW left me unsupervised for the night. So have to get to bed early, OT again and have to take care of disney dog before I head in. DW usually does a fantastic job with that in the morning before she heads in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!