foot blister relief- does this work?

Tuffy

Earning My Ears
Over on the Brit board someone was talking about a foot blister relief spray made by Scholl's, I think she said. You spray it on a blister and it gives pain relief and protection against further irritation. Anyone else tried this? Does it work?

I've never heard of a blister spray. However, Blister Block works GREAT!!

I have never heard of Blister Spray either. However, I use the Dr. Scholl's Cushlin blister treatment. They work great and to me stay on better than the moleskin.

Hi there,
I'm the one who posted about the spray, in Europe its called Scholl Blister Treatment Spray. It's pretty new here, so perhaps it hasn't arrived in the US yet? It is VERY good, I've used it and one of my kids has used it.
Hope this helps,
Sandra

I use Curad Blister Care bandages. They are slightly sticky with gel in them. They stay in place and cushion your blister from further damage.

Curad Blister Care

I haven't had a single blister since I tried it. I bought a cheap can of Suave spray anti-perspirant and sprayed it on my feet before putting on my shoes/socks. It only takes a few seconds, and it is the best tip I ever got off these boards. I spray DS' feet, too; little ones tend not to tell you about incipient blisters until they are very painful.
Four trips later, our entire family is blissfully blister-free!

We just returned last week. After reading these boards I was petried of blisters ruining our day so I bought spray deodorant for our feet (which I read here), blister band-aids or whatever they're called. Anyway, I didn't need any of them, nobody even got a hint of a blister. I wouldn't worry so much about them.

When we went last November I wound up with 4 blisters on each foot! I had those BandAid blister block thingies all over my feel. You should have seen me. It was a riot and painful too. This time, I'll definitely try the deodorant suggestion from these boards. Hopefully I can't do any worse than what I was.

Suffered horribly on past trips, to the point where I could barely walk. DH said that he wouldn't take me back to WDW until I found a solution... and here it is!
A great runner's shoe store here in Indy made these suggestions. First, use Vaseline on your feet and between your toes. This will help ease friction. It works!
Second, I only wear Cool Max sock, available at running stores. They come in light, medium and heavy. I wear the light ones. They don't have a seam that rubs.
Third, get great shoes for your feet. I have to wear Saucony's. I have little (size six) feet, but they are wide.
I also carry the blister blocks and pre-cut moleskin in my day pack. But have not needed either.

Have had two blister-free, blissful trips since. And leaving in 31 days again!

Good luck

I never got blisters on my WDW trips; however, I just spent two VERY full days in Disneyland/DCA...unlike anything we've ever done in WDW...and got two very painful blisters on my left foot. I had used the anti-perspirant both days, but didn't use any other blister prevention because I didn't have it with me in the parks. Oh well. Perhaps if I hadn't used the anti-perspirant, it would have been worse.

The anti-perspirant spray in another posts sounds great!

I bring two pairs of shoes with me for a 10 day trip. One pair of sandal and a pair of loafers. (Anything lightweight). I alternate the shoes, so if a blister was to start, I would not aggrevate the area. Also, make sure the shoes you bring are "broken in."

I never understood why Disney go'ers where sneakers and socks?!?! Why put something on that weighs a pound and then protect your feet with a sweaty sock? I go laceless and love it.........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter