Footwear on castaway cay & lockers ?

S. C.

The mitten state
I'm assuming that flip flops are good for the beach. Would we need water shoes for When we go snorkeling? We are bringing our own snorkel equipment, if we wanted to explore the island a bit is there lockers to keep the snorkle sets in?
Also is there water fountains or should we bring our insulated bottles filled with ice water?

Can answer one of your questions

When we were snorkling on Serenity Bay, the further out you went the more sea snails were on the bottom (nasty looking slimy creatures - facinating to watch but not to step on). I was glad I had my water shoes. Not sure about other areas though, although water shoes are a good bet.

I didn't notice water fountains around, although I'm sure there are some, and didn't notice lockers but they're probably there, too.

I can answer some too.

Water shoes: we swam and snorkeled from the main beach area and I didn't use my water shoe, flip flops did the trick on land.

There are no lockers, we just leave our stuff sitting on our beach chairs no one bothers them.

Water fountains, Gosh! I just don't recall we always take our own. But if there are any there I don't think the water would be to cold. Maybe better off taking your water you may want to rinse your mouth after snorkeling, the water is very salty.

You will have to get a life vest from DCL when snorkeling at Castaway Cay. They're free and you can get it from the rental hut on the main beach area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter