FOP and breakfast at Tusker House

MinnieMelissaMouse

Earning My Ears
I have a breakfast reservation at Tusker House for 8am. Since I’ll be by myself that morning before my family arrives that night and will be able to eat quickly, what will it be like to try and get over to FOP afterwards? Will I be held up somewhere or will they let those who ate in the park ride before the park opens. I ask because that’s what happened when I ate at Garden Grill and was able to ride Soarin. Thanks!

I have a breakfast reservation at Tusker House for 8am. Since I’ll be by myself that morning before my family arrives that night and will be able to eat quickly, what will it be like to try and get over to FOP afterwards? Will I be held up somewhere or will they let those who ate in the park ride before the park opens. I ask because that’s what happened when I ate at Garden Grill and was able to ride Soarin. Thanks!

I think you're going to want to cancel that ADR. As CAS said, you will be at a BIG disadvantage if you eat and then try to get to FOP. Even if you could somehow manage to eat and be out by 8:30, you'll be toward the end of the early rope drop crowd to FOP. They let them into the park and start lining up around 8:30.

I have a breakfast reservation at Tusker House for 8am. Since I’ll be by myself that morning before my family arrives that night and will be able to eat quickly, what will it be like to try and get over to FOP afterwards?

Sorry, bad idea.

Not without a fast pass for later! Nope! They let folks in the park 45 minutes before the scheduled opening. They let people on the ride 30 minutes before scheduled opening. Cancel your ADR, grab a granola bar, and arrive at the park an hour and a half before scheduled opening. You won’t regret it! Fantastic ride!

:welcome:

:welcome: to the DIS @MinnieMelissaMouse!

As others have mentioned, current opening procedures at AK will work against your plan. It’s sort of the opposite of your GG/Soarin’ experience. ;-)

Hope you have a great trip!

Thank you all for the tips! I’m glad I asked as this is the opposite of my previous experiences with other early morning dining reservations.

I didn’t realize when I made the reservation (too early in the morning to be fully awake) that it was a character meal. And while those are fine and I’ve done them before and will in the future, I prefer those as a group and not solo. So I think I’ll cancel this reservation.

Looks like I’ll eat my granola bar and join the rope drop crowd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter