FOP Fast Pass Avilability Getting Better????

horse11

DIS Veteran
Is it getting easier to obtain a Fast Pass for this ride 60 days out? On our 60 day right at 6:00 am central time. We were given the option to book a FP for FOP for a few slots in the afternoon and a few in the evening for our third day of our trip for 8 people. Later that night and even the next day I was still given afternoon and evening options. Is this normal? I really was not expecting to be able to get a FP for the ride for any of our days.

Last edited:
All depends on when you go and how many days you can book at 60 days.

Generally everything is fairly easy to get 60 days out. The tough part is wanting a specific time slot and getting that.

So I think it's pretty normal. Check again in a week and I'm sure pretty much all the times will be gone.

We are going the week before Easter which is one if the busiest times of the year. Sadly I didnt count my days correctly so I was three hours late getting on the MDE site at 60 day mark to chose our fastpasses and still was able to get all the most difficult fastpasses including FoP for three people with choices of multiple times

Not sure if it's easier or not. I reserved for May 11 which was 60+7 days so no problem at all getting FP for 9 people for FoP at any time I wanted. I tried yesterday to modify the time just a bit but there are no FP left for that day at any time and it is now 57 days out. I guess 60 days seems to be working for a lot of people but I think if you're a day late making FP you might be out of luck for FoP.

I wrote about my experience yesterday when my 60 days opened for my upcoming May split stay. There were no FOP FP+ for 60 days but I was able to get for the six of us on the evening of day 61. I also had better luck splitting us into smaller groups. This was right at 7AM and two of us, me and dd in her own MDE account were both looking and trying.

I wanted FP for the morning of the 2nd day of our trip, so was booking 61 days out. At 7am, the earliest FP for FOP was 4pm.

I think it is. I was able to get it for my next two upcoming trips. Both the day we are going are the second day of the trip and I was able to get afternoon times.

It seemed like there were lots when I booked. At 60 days I could get for any day of the week we were going but I booked for 60+3 and the full range of times were available. I changed our plans and adjusted our time slightly again after but can’t remember when I did that, but it was after the 60 day mark.

Humm know wondering if they are just allowing more people to have FP for the ride or if this is a normal progression since this ride is now a year old. I will be curious to see how long we wait in the FP+ line.

Humm know wondering if they are just allowing more people to have FP for the ride or if this is a normal progression since this ride is now a year old. I will be curious to see how long we wait in the FP+ line.

It seems to be rare but some people have posted that they don’t care for it. It’s coming up on a year so I assume the people who go yearly or more and don’t like it are not in th pool for the FPs anymore. And some people probably like it but not so much that they are doing multiple days at AK for it.

I’ve heard in a couple places that it has stayed more popular longer than most recent new rides have though.

I could be way off base with this, but I don’t think FoP is as “re-rideable” as a lot of rides. Don’t get me wrong, the first couple times I rode it, I though it was AWESOME. I’ve been fortunate enough to have ridden it 5 times. By the 5th time it just didn’t have the same wow-factor anymore, since it is the same every time. I know other rides are the same every time and I still like to re-ride (EE - I’m looking at you!) but FoP is more of like a Star Tours to me, and at least with Star Tours you have the possibility of it being different. I’ve got another trip coming up in Oct, and I’m seriously considering skipping FoP this time around, simply because it’s pretty time consuming (even with a FP) and we have a lot of other things we want to do. Not sure how my DH and DD would feel about that though, lol.

In September I could only get one at 60+3 at 630pm (then they released additional passes and was on the boards at the rite place and time to move it to 1130am)
A few weeks ago I wanted one for before 3pm at 60+3 specifically (which is the 20th anniversary of the park to boot) and got one for 1230pm easy

I rode it this weekend. It took about 25 minutes from getting in line to finishing the ride. It wasn't bad at all, especially with those two video segments you have to stand through. The standard wait time was 150 minutes when we got in line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter