FOP - fastpass

Boopuff

DIS Veteran
Really, how difficult is it to obtain a fastpass for FOP at 60 days +6 out? It's one ride that has escaped us, and we'd love to finally ride it, but I keep reading how the ropedrop is crazy and wait times are (seemingly) always really long. I'd love to hear that it's doable.

Really, how difficult is it to obtain a fastpass for FOP at 60 days +6 out? It's one ride that has escaped us, and we'd love to finally ride it, but I keep reading how the ropedrop is crazy and wait times are (seemingly) always really long. I'd love to hear that it's doable.

FOP is easy to score 60+4 and on. I even managed +3 on a short holiday weekend trip. +6 should give you your pick of times.

I'd also say your chances are good; I snagged on at 60 days out for a party of 3.

Just a warning If you’re going when it’s very busy count on 60+5 or even 60+6. 325 days of the year it’s of the year it’s as the above posters indicate.

I'm going to be at WDW the first week of June (not too crazy busy, but busy enough) I plan to get on the FP as soon as our 60 hits

I couldn't get it until 60+9, but the other AK days I tried were 60+2 and 60+5. So 60+6 might be there.

We got ours for 60+2, it was for late afternoon but we got them.

I couldn't get it until 60+9, but the other AK days I tried were 60+2 and 60+5. So 60+6 might be there.
Can I ask what week you went where you needed 60+9? I had observed that Christmas FP got ridiculous this year but that's beyond absurd.

Can I ask what week you went where you needed 60+9? I had observed that Christmas FP got ridiculous this year but that's beyond absurd.
We're going Feb 3-13. And I should specify that I only looked for morning FoP FPs on my AK days. I thought it was weird too. I was on right at 7am, and the FoP FPs were already gone for 60+2 and 60+5. I didn't check for 60+6, +7, or +8 because we'll be at Universal those days.

We're going Feb 3-13. And I should specify that I only looked for morning FoP FPs on my AK days. I thought it was weird too. I was on right at 7am, and the FoP FPs were already gone for 60+2 and 60+5. I didn't check for 60+6, +7, or +8 because we'll be at Universal those days.

I got an evening FOP fastpass for 3 people at 25 days out for Feb 2. Just yesterday I saw a morning one on Feb 1 but we are at MK that day. They might be initially gone but they do pop back up so keep trying.

That should be good, but it reminds me what a sad state for FP+ is at AK. You shouldn't have to book a 7-10 day trip just to get a FP for a ride. I really think the "length of stay" bonus is bad and slightly unfair. How many people log in right at 6:00 AM on day 60 and find no FPs for the "key" rides they've been excited about? Makes me glad they just didn't do a FP for MFSR and seemingly won't do one for Mickey's Runaway Railway.

The only way I have ever been able to get a FoP FP was by gaming the system a bit.

I had my cousin's family (who was arriving 5 days before us) book my FoP FP on the 3rd day of our trip (the last day of their trip). So I got it on 60+ 6 of THEIR trip.

We have been able to get it at 60+4 pretty consistantly in April/May and October. Earlier than that has been difficult.
Again, depends on the time of year you are going.

I got an evening FOP fastpass for 3 people at 25 days out for Feb 2. Just yesterday I saw a morning one on Feb 1 but we are at MK that day. They might be initially gone but they do pop back up so keep trying.
oh I'm perfectly happy with our FoP FP! I'll keep checking for the other days we're in AK just for the heck of it.

I did rope drop about three months after FOP opened as I didn't have a FP. Showed up at AK about 90 minutes before park opening (not an EMH day), and was one of the first people on. By the time we were let over the bridge into Pandora, the crowd had really built up behind us though. But all in all, it wasn't too bad. Granted, I waited for 90 minutes outside the park, but that was better than the customary three-hour waits at the time. Recently scored morning FPs for three people 60+4 for our early March trip.

oh I'm perfectly happy with our FoP FP! I'll keep checking for the other days we're in AK just for the heck of it.

Not sure how many are in your party, but I've also had luck finding FoP FPs day of for parties of 1 and 2. Just takes some persistent refreshing.

I also got in standby line one night at 9:58p (10p closing time). Posted wait was 90 min but it took me no more than 25 min to get to the first pre-show room, so that's another good option.

I just got a FP for March 14. Was originally gone since that was right at my 60 day but one popped up this morning.

I came here to say something similar. If it's not available when your FP window opens, keep checking because something will probably eventually pop up a couple of days after.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter