FOP fp+ and end of night experience

mckennarose

DIS Veteran
I’m in WDW now and today was our Animal Kingdom day. We did not have FOP fp+ and were all set to rope drop this morning. We got up at 6 AM and on a whim I decided to check MDE, refreshed twice, and was able to get two FOP for 9 AM! This was after stalking MDE for days, including last night since I figured people would giving them up to change their plans.

When we got to Pandora at 8:40 AM the wait time was already 90 minutes and park opening was 9AM. We had to wait until right at 9 to tap in and they would not let anyone with a fp for FOP tap in 5 minutes early. They were strict about waiting until park open at 9.

During the day I was also able to get a fast pass for Navi, which we rode, then we decided to ride FOP again at the end of the evening. We got in line at 8:10 PM and our wait was 40 minutes to get to the hallway before loading and another 10-15 to be in and loaded. Posted wait time when we got in line was 85 minutes.

While we were in line I kept refreshing to see when they stopped fp distribution since the park close time was 9PM. They kept distributing until 8:30. None for the headliners by then, but it was interesting to see what the cut off time was. After FOP there were only a handful of people around in Pandora and it was like having it all to ourselves. That is, until it rained! But it was a great day. I HIGHLY recommend evening SB for FOP over morning. It was faster than if we had rope dropped at 7:30-8 AM.

On another note, we had previously only ridden FOP with fastpasses and this was the first time we saw the whole SB queue. It was pretty cool and I’m glad we got to see it.

I hope our experience helps someone who, like us, had not been able to get fp for FOP at 60 or 30 days.

Oh yeah... this glitchy MDE is a real pain! I spoke to others in the parks over the past few days who are also frustrated with it. It is taking forever to load and plans are appearing and disappearing. Screen shot everything!

Sounds like a great day at AK! I like the FP at FoP to save time, but I miss seeing all the amazing stuff in the queue.
We go in less than a month and were not able to get FoP Fps this time. I'm hoping we get as lucky as you did. I keep checking.

We rope dropped AK twice (arriving between 7:30-7:45 during our trip). Both times we were able to ride FOP and immediately rode Navi River. We were done with both rides by 9:40 both times in time to grab an early lunch at Satu'Li Canteen that opened at 10:00. One day we stayed in AK, the other we went to HS after eating lunch. We loved Satu'Li Canteen BTW - better then most table service meals we had during our trip.

The day we stayed in AK, we went to Pandora after watching ROL. It took about 10-15 minutes to walk from the show to the queue line. The posted time for FOP was 115 minutes. We were off the ride in about 45 minutes from arriving in the line. I highly recommend riding FOP after ROL for several reasons:

1. The waiting time in the line goes really fast because you get to enjoy Pandora at night. Seeing the land at night is completely different then during the day. Even the ambient sounds are different. It is wonderful!

2. If you rope drop FOP, you miss out seeing several of the queue areas that are really interesting. I am glad I was able to experience those on my 2nd ride. The floating Avatar in the lab is brilliant.

3. After riding FOP, the crowds have greatly dispersed in AK and it is really easy to catch your bus back to your resort. Think about it, how long will you wait in line for your bus after the mass exodus after ROL? Is it not better to wait in line for the best attraction in WDW? Buses were literally walk on after we rode FOP the second time.

I did not have a Fastpass for FOP on my trip, but still was able to ride it 3 times very efficiently utilizing this strategy. It is an absolute must-do ride. My wife is not much of a ride person (she skips most roller coasters and other thrilling rides) and loved this attraction. If you are apprehensive about rides please give this one a shot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter