FOP FP changed to multi FP on Jan 14th

How can you charge the same for a day that ends at 6 and a day that ends at 11 or midnight?
Base hours for Animal Kingdom are 9-5. Anything beyond 5 PM is a bonus. And in this case, the park is open, just one section will be closed, for just the last two hours.
THIS! I just stumbled on this post. Since park hours are until 8 I would have no idea until I tried to get in Pandora that night that it was closed.
There should be large signs at the park entrance advising of this. Not saying there will be, but there should. And guests Disney knows are directly affected are being notified. Not ideal - ideal would be to have the private event start at/after park closing - but something.

Base hours for Animal Kingdom are 9-5. Anything beyond 5 PM is a bonus. And in this case, the park is open, just one section will be closed, for just the last two hours.

There should be large signs at the park entrance advising of this. Not saying there will be, but there should. And guests Disney knows are directly affected are being notified. Not ideal - ideal would be to have the private event start at/after park closing - but something.
Curious where you got that information. I haven't seen AK close anywhere near that early since Pandora opened.

Curious where you got that information. I haven't seen AK close anywhere near that early since Pandora opened.
That's because the park isn't closing early. It's just Pandora closing, for a private event.

This would be like Tomorrowland closing 2 hours before Magic Kingdom for a private event. What? That’s bananas IMO.

Can’t tell if this sarcasm or legit, but it recently happened. Trying to recall what event it was for, but it was in the last month or so if memory serves. I recall Twitter posts with pics of the signs noting the land would close early that day.

They shouldn't change anything inside of 60 days, IMO. It's too late at that point for one to make changes to their plans. I'd honestly call (if you have a free 2 hours :) ) and voice my displeasure. You should at the very least be given 2 anytimes for the inconvenience and for missing out on Pandora at night. Even though I agree with others that its pretty "meh" at night, you might not feel that way,and now you'll never know.....

Plus, your wait for FOP and IASW:Navi edition will be longer during the day now, since 2 hours are being sliced off. That's an added inconvenience. Stuff like this infuriates me when it comes to WDW. Keep charging more to everyone, while also auctioning off hours everywhere to the highest bidders.

Wonder what Disney charges a company to close down an entire land? Gotta be a couple thousand bucks, easy.

That's because the park isn't closing early. It's just Pandora closing, for a private event.
Well aware, just quoting the previous poster who stated that AK's base hours are until 5. Just saying that I haven't seen the park itself close that early in years.

OP, please write in. I wouldn't call, I wouldn't wait til you check in, I would absolutely call in.

You are spending, likely, thousands of dollars on this trip. You probably made your dining choices at 6 months and your fast passes first thing in the morning at 60 days. You've played by Disney's rules and they've changed the game with just over a month before your trip. That is not right. You shouldn't have to bend over backwards and rework your entire trip because they were seduced by extra money. They could have very easily said, "I'm sorry, we require notice of 61 days for this type of rental as it disrupts the general operation of the park and our guests who have already scheduled their dining and fast pass plans." But they didn't. They took the money and shoved you out, essentially.

As you said, the parties are advertised in advanced. This is just absolute nonsense. And it is as unacceptable as when they closed CRT and cancelled guests' reservations for a "chef's table" event.

Should say, "I would absolutely write in", sorry. Can't correct it on mobile.

I'd do it all. Write in, if you are given the usual "we'll pass this along to leadership line" then call. Then tweet. I'm riled up about this and it isn't even my trip, lol.

Another thing to note is that on days AK closes at 6pm, Rivers of Light will not be showing.

AK is closing at 6pm tomorrow and Wed, no RoL :( We're going Wed :( :( But we're swinging over to MK for HEA :) :)

OP, please write in. I wouldn't call, I wouldn't wait til you check in, I would absolutely call in.

You are spending, likely, thousands of dollars on this trip. You probably made your dining choices at 6 months and your fast passes first thing in the morning at 60 days. You've played by Disney's rules and they've changed the game with just over a month before your trip. That is not right. You shouldn't have to bend over backwards and rework your entire trip because they were seduced by extra money. They could have very easily said, "I'm sorry, we require notice of 61 days for this type of rental as it disrupts the general operation of the park and our guests who have already scheduled their dining and fast pass plans." But they didn't. They took the money and shoved you out, essentially.

As you said, the parties are advertised in advanced. This is just absolute nonsense. And it is as unacceptable as when they closed CRT and cancelled guests' reservations for a "chef's table" event.
OK, I just emailed. :surfweb:

Can’t tell if this sarcasm or legit, but it recently happened. Trying to recall what event it was for, but it was in the last month or so if memory serves. I recall Twitter posts with pics of the signs noting the land would close early that day.

Not sarcasm. I wasn’t aware it had happened. I think all private events should be after hours only.

OK, I just emailed. :surfweb:
Somebody above suggested tweeting. If do that, too, and post on Disney's Facebook page.

I can't find anything that indicates sunset that day is any earlier than (please don't shoot the messenger) 5:49. I checked Georgia, South Carolina, Miami, and St Augustine, and they're all showing sunset around that time - an hour later than Virginia and states north.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter