FOP FP changed to multi FP on Jan 14th

crickee

Mouseketeer
I received a message recently stating that my 7 to 8 pm fp for FOP at AK was being changed to a multiple experience fp on Jan 14th . Has this ever happened to anyone this far ahead of their visit? Any idea what's going on?

It doesn't appear that park hours have changed (they are still 8pm), but it appears posted hours for FoP and NRJ now show both attractions close 6pm that day. To me that indicates Pandora may now be closing early, likely for a private function. That is purely speculation on my part, but seems the most likely situation.

Lovely. My first time back to WDW in 7 years and one of the premiere new lands is closing early on my AK day. I've been scheduling for this trip for 5 months now. This is very disappointing.

It does stink, but you can probably use it to ride FoP anytime earlier that day, it is flexible at least. Probably a private party, our last trip to AK, Pandora closed early for a private party too.

We're already riding earlier in the day. I planned to enjoy the land after dark and hopefully get a second ride. This is ridiculous that I can plan for 5 months, have everything set, and then "oh yeah, we sold part of your day to someone else."

We're already riding earlier in the day. I planned to enjoy the land after dark and hopefully get a second ride. This is ridiculous that I can plan for 5 months, have everything set, and then "oh yeah, we sold part of your day to someone else."
The rest of the park is open and you can likely use your anytime FP for FOP earlier in the day, like 5:59pm. Nice thing about anytime FP is that there isn’t a 1hr window. Sounds like a good deal!

The rest of the park is open and you can likely use your anytime FP for FOP earlier in the day, like 5:59pm. Nice thing about anytime FP is that there isn’t a 1hr window. Sounds like a good deal!
I know. I'm talking about specifically wanting to visit Pandora after dark. I've heard for years how nice it is, and now I'm finally going. And they're closing that land early. If I knew earlier, I would have switched my days. That's impossible now.

It doesn't appear that park hours have changed (they are still 8pm), but it appears posted hours for FoP and NRJ now show both attractions close 6pm that day. To me that indicates Pandora may now be closing early, likely for a private function. That is purely speculation on my part, but seems the most likely situation.
Thanks for that info. I didn't realize that a part of a park could close early. My notice did state we could use it for FOP so we'll do that.

Thanks for that info. I didn't realize that a part of a park could close early. My notice did state we could use it for FOP so we'll do that.

It’s maddening and I 100% agree. But I feel the same way about the parties, even though I know that’s an unpopular opinion. How can you charge the same for a day that ends at 6 and a day that ends at 11 or midnight?

It is not very common at all, but it has happened in the past. Groups/corporations will sometimes pay for lands (or whole parks) for various events/occasions. Mostly it's after hours but occasionally you'll see it creep into regular park hours, like what is potentially happening here.

It’s maddening and I 100% agree. But I feel the same way about the parties, even though I know that’s an unpopular opinion. How can you charge the same for a day that ends at 6 and a day that ends at 11 or midnight?
At least the party days are announced far enough in advance that you can schedule around them. This just dropped in out of nowhere. Because Disney decided they could sell part of the park to someone else on a day I already paid for.

It is not very common at all, but it has happened in the past. Groups/corporations will sometimes pay for lands (or whole parks) for various events/occasions. Mostly it's after hours but occasionally you'll see it creep into regular park hours, like what is potentially happening here.

I feel like it’s becoming increasingly more common.

At least the party days are announced far enough in advance that you can schedule around this. This just dropped in out of nowhere. Because Disney decided they could sell part of the park to someone else on a day I already paid for.

True but if I go on the only non party day surrounded by party days, MK is absolutely mobbed. It’s a no-win.

True but if I go on the only non party day surrounded by party days, MK is absolutely mobbed. It’s a no-win.
I get that. But the parties are predictable. They have them every year at that time. You can choose a different time of year. You know in advance. With this? No chance at all. It just gets plopped down a month prior when you can't move park days easily.

I know. I'm talking about specifically wanting to visit Pandora after dark. I've heard for years how nice it is, and now I'm finally going. And they're closing that land early. If I knew earlier, I would have switched my days. That's impossible now.

Good news is that in January sunset is still 5pm, so it'll be dark by 6. I know it totally sucks to have them mess up your plans after you had to make them so far in advance :( Definitely give the safari at sunset/dusk a try though - it's great!

Good news is that in January sunset is still 5pm, so it'll be dark by 6. I know it totally sucks to have them mess up your plans after you had to make them so far in advance :( Definitely give the safari at sunset/dusk a try though - it's great!
Yeah, I get that. I guess now if I want to catch that 1 hour window of darkness in Pandora, I'll have to give up my dinner reservation. I started scheduling early to avoid nonsense like this.

Yeah, I get that. I guess now if I want to catch that 1 hour window of darkness in Pandora, I'll have to give up my dinner reservation. I started scheduling early to avoid nonsense like this.

Yup, happened to me a few years ago with MK adding morning hours and my PPO breakfast no longer being PPO. It sucks :(

I can see why you are annoyed by this change so late in the game. I am also scheduled at AK on Jan. 14. My FOP fastpass is in the morning, though, and it has not been changed. I guess we are lucky because we were already planning to park hop to HS for the evening so I will not be missing out on my Pandora after dark. I do wonder how much the change in evening hours will affect the FOP lines the rest of the day with 2 extra hours worth of FP being used earlier in the day. We will see. I am committed to going there now with the fastpasses I have scheduled. Hopefully the same thing will not happen on the evening of Jan. 10 when I have planned our night at AK. I have the Rivers of Light dining at Tusker House that night so I am pretty well locked in to that date and it is our only night there. Fingers crossed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!