FOP Seating and Sections

mickeyboof

Mouseketeer
Couldn't find a clear discussion via Search on this topic.

What are your favorite seats and levels of FOP?

My first time, I was on the the last seat from center. It was still amazing, but I could recognize the moments where it wasn't quite as immersive. I'm hoping to request a great seat next time.

Couldn't find a clear discussion via Search on this topic.

What are your favorite seats and levels of FOP?

My first time, I was on the the last seat from center. It was still amazing, but I could recognize the moments where it wasn't quite as immersive. I'm hoping to request a great seat next time.
I don’t know what level we were because I didn’t notice other levels. I remember reading about it before our trip but completely forgot when we got there. We didn’t go up any stairs if that helps lol. I was 4th from the end and I felt like my view was pretty good. Never felt like I was seeing a distorted view or anything.

I've only been on the very end and the next to the end, so I don't even know what I'm missing. :)

We rode it twice during Thanksgiving week and got the same exact seats both times. What are the odds of that??? Lowest section, on the left, the two seats furthest to the left. I don't know what I'm missing either!

I wouldn't say that there are bad seats, but there are better seats than others. Of the ones that I remember, I've done top-11, mid-15, bottom-6, bottom-2, and mid-8. In my own opinion, the last one (dead center) was the best with the top-11 a close runner-up. The bottom level rides, to me, were not as good - it's sort of odd going into all those dives and having to look up to see what's going on instead of following your instinct to look down where there's not much to see (it's a bit like sitting towards the front in a movie theater where you have to crane your neck to see everything - and there's a lot to see on FoP). The bottom-2 also had the issue of being on the bottom and at the edge - it seemed the motion blur and stretching were more noticeable from there (sort of like getting up close to your TV and trying to watch from a side-angle). I don't remember the stretching from the mid-15, though, so it may be a problem just in the top and bottom corners.

If I had my choice, I'd go for any of the seat numbers 6 through 11 on the top or mid levels.

I honestly never knew there were "levels" until someone here posted a picture. I just thought there were different rooms, kind of like with Star Tours. I have been either pretty close to the exact center of the room or slightly to one side. I haven't been on an end yet. I noticed absolutely no difference between seats or levels.

I've ridden on all levels and both sides of most of them (I think I'm still missing one, but can't remember anymore). Each ride is unique and amazing, because even though its the same film, the screen is so big you can focus on different areas. There is also no distortion effect for being in a corner or side.

If you have a fastpass, most likely you will be on bottom row (though that's not guaranteed), because they tend to funnel most of the FPs down the ramp. If you will ride it multiple times in the trip, I would make sure to ask for different levels each time; the CMs are usually happy to oblige.

I've ridden on all levels and both sides of most of them (I think I'm still missing one, but can't remember anymore). Each ride is unique and amazing, because even though its the same film, the screen is so big you can focus on different areas. There is also no distortion effect for being in a corner or side.

If you have a fastpass, most likely you will be on bottom row (though that's not guaranteed), because they tend to funnel most of the FPs down the ramp. If you will ride it multiple times in the trip, I would make sure to ask for different levels each time; the CMs are usually happy to oblige.
Oddly on Monday our FP line was sent up the very first lane. It's not even a number, it says linking room or station or something like that

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter