FOP with a 7am EMH

Hannahinwonderland

DIS Veteran
Hi folks,

Has anyone rope-dropped FOP on a 7am EMH day? Originally we had kind of resigned ourselves to only getting on it once, on a day we have a FP, but they recently added a 7am EMH day and we are now thinking of rope dropping it that day. We are on a tight schedule and actually need to be off Disney property ASAP to make it to Universal that day- what have people's experiences been?

I have not experienced this,but,I would think if you arrived at DAK by 6:00 AM,that would put you near or at the front of the line waiting to get in and FoP would be a walk-on or close to it for you.

Just depends if arriving that early is "worth it" to you.:)

I have not experienced this,but,I would think if you arrived at DAK by 6:00 AM,that would put you near or at the front of the line waiting to get in and FoP would be a walk-on or close to it for you.

Just depends if arriving that early is "worth it" to you.:)

Ok, thanks! I think it'll depend on just how much I love it that first time!

Hi folks,

Has anyone rope-dropped FOP on a 7am EMH day? Originally we had kind of resigned ourselves to only getting on it once, on a day we have a FP, but they recently added a 7am EMH day and we are now thinking of rope dropping it that day. We are on a tight schedule and actually need to be off Disney property ASAP to make it to Universal that day- what have people's experiences been?

As others have said, if you can be at the park by 6:00-6:15, you'll be at the front of the pack and should be off FoP no later than 7:30 and on your way to Universal. Get there after 6:15, and your wait/ride time could blossom to 45 min - 1 hour or more, meaning you're not on your way to Universal until 8:30 or so.

What time should I get there if I want to get on Navi for emh ? I have FOP fast pass for later on already.

Just an FYI, if you're onsite, I wouldn't count on the buses getting you there by 6AM. Drive or Minnie Van/Uber/Lyft/cab.

What time should I get there if I want to get on Navi for emh ? I have FOP fast pass for later on already.
EMH open is fine.

We went for 7am EMH and rope dropped N'avi. We were thru security and waiting at the ropes by 6:20am, this was a lighter crowd day on Mar 5. We could have easily gone to FOP first thing but we had kids with us and chose N'avi as we had fastpasses for FOP later. We wanted to arrive early so we could be let in with the crowd and finish all the other rides by 8am so we could do Safari when it opened.

We had a 7 am EMH, reported crowd level 10, didn't get up to the gates until 7:20-7:30, and Na'vi was still quite short--slightly more than a walk on, maybe 10 minutes? So probably no need to rush.

Being there at open at 7 would have you off Na'vi minutes after open, so if you want to fit in other attractions during the EMH that's a great idea. Otherwise I'd say don't stress about it, you'll be fine,

We went for 7am EMH and rope dropped N'avi. We were thru security and waiting at the ropes by 6:20am, this was a lighter crowd day on Mar 5. We could have easily gone to FOP first thing but we had kids with us and chose N'avi as we had fastpasses for FOP later. We wanted to arrive early so we could be let in with the crowd and finish all the other rides by 8am so we could do Safari when it opened.
I arrived at the ropes about 5 minutes later, same day. I could have done NRJ at least 3 times with no wait. I only did it twice (and finished at 7:01!), but could have easily done it a third. They didn't even make us walk through the queue again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!