"For 2,000+ Mile Round-Trip Drivers Only!" (Part V)

Ok, the "Holy Boat" was too confusing for me, too (though I'm still trying to figure it out).

This one will be more recognizable to I-95 road warriors:

View attachment 387697

Although this is the new one, as Hurricane Florence (or was it Matthew?) took out the old one.

When we lived in NJ, and made our 46 WDW drives from 2002 to 2017, Lake Marion used to be our midway point.

All the best! :thumbsup2

I am assuming midway in time, not miles?

Actually, Lake Marion was a bit more than halfway in time and distance, but crossing the bridge was our traditional midway point, although South of the Border was more like the actual midway point in both time and distance.

Actually, Lake Marion was a bit more than halfway in time and distance, but crossing the bridge was our traditional midway point, although South of the Border was more like the actual midway point in both time and distance.

Oh, ok. I used to think of South of the Border as being around the halfway point too. I was wondering how you used to get further, hoping there was some secret tunnel I didn’t know about!

Oh, ok. I used to think of South of the Border as being around the halfway point too. I was wondering how you used to get further, hoping there was some secret tunnel I didn’t know about!

Our half-way point was important, especially when I did 15 straight-through drives (out of 46) between May 2008 and August 2014. Crossing into SC (or crossing over Lake Marion) meant that the final half of the drive had commenced!

I think it is close to my half way point from DC (I don't really qualify for this board's mileage).
And I didn't even know it was called Lake Marion until I zoomed in on it in Google Maps, to see if I could see the billboard.

Which is fun to do around Disney resorts, especially All Stars, Pop Century, and Art of Animation. Turn the aerial view on and zoom right in there. Prolly see stuff you never even noticed standing right there!

I think it is close to my half way point from DC (I don't really qualify for this board's mileage).

I created this forum entry [see page 1], but since we moved to FL in Dec. 2017, and live 59.4 miles away from WDW, we are no longer eligible to participate! :ssst:

Gosh this thread has been quiet! BC are you heading back north like so many other folks that go to FL in October? (My husband is waiting on his golf buddies to return.)

That's one of the landmarks we watch for on every trip. I know exactly where that is...and it's kind of the signal for us that we're almost done with the heavy traffic area of the trip and will be "home free" until Jacksonville. :)

I need to ask you about your choice of route after others have had a chance to play.

That's one of the landmarks we watch for on every trip. I know exactly where that is...and it's kind of the signal for us that we're almost done with the heavy traffic area of the trip and will be "home free" until Jacksonville. :)

OMG yes...and the smell through that entire area though? Always seems bad.

I need to ask you about your choice of route after others have had a chance to play.

I think I know what will be asked...as this is the route we actually take LESS frequently.

I'm not quite a 2K mile round trip driver from my home in Maryland. We are about to do another 1800 mile RT drive this week. Our plan is to mostly do Universal parks, but we also have 2 nights at SSR on the agenda...no Disney parks but probably other Disney Resort visits in the plans. :)

I know I’ve seen a post, but I can’t find it.

Can someone tell me the toll amounts from RI through to the NC border. I’m pretty sure once I am past NYC there are no tolls... or does Delaware have a toll.

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter