"For 2,000+ Mile Round-Trip Drivers Only!" (Part V)

Alas, our reverse round-trip drive (FL to NJ, NJ to FL) was cancelled due to a family health issue.

All the best! 😎

Sorry to hear that. I am sure “the other exit 67” would have been glad to see you again!

And sorry for the double post. It wasn’t posting so I hit it again and somehow got a double!

Sorry to hear that. I am sure “the other exit 67” would have been glad to see you again!

Thanks for your concern. The health issue also prevented us from going to WDW in May, the only month we have missed since we moved to central FL 18 months ago.

All the best! :thumbsup2

Eighteen months ago today [June 1, 2019], we made the permanent move from NJ to central FL, just 59.4 miles away from WDW. We wonder if any other of our fellow 2,000+ mile round-trip drivers are considering a move to FL one day?

Eighteen months ago today [June 1, 2019], we made the permanent move from NJ to central FL, just 59.4 miles away from WDW. We wonder if any other of our fellow 2,000+ mile round-trip drivers are considering a move to FL one day?

Yes!!
We have owned a vacation condo there for 6 years and I am counting down the days to move permanently. We had always said when my youngest graduates, but it’s not that easy.
He graduates Friday night and will to be playing junior hockey in the fall. He’s also not ready to move away to college.
So I guess we’ll be waiting a little longer. :rolleyes1

We want to be snowbirds one day. DH has a union job so we know exactly what he would make moving to a different local and it is too much of a pay cut to go from CT to FL so it isn't realistic that we could move while he is still working.

I don't know what your talking about. Lol We are ready now. We have talked about it for the last 35 years. Our little baby is 26, still at home and won't leave lol, but she is ready to get back to living in Fl herself. Like most, we have retirement issues, we both have worked at the same jobs we've had for years and in less than 14 months, retirement goals, time etc. will be reached. Can't throw a lot of years of service away for a few months. We are still to young to retire but I'm sure there is plenty of work in Fl.
Kind of playing it by ear, I have work to do on the house (which some know it
has started ) before we can get it on the market.
My inlaws are getting up in age, my father in law isn't doing to good but still hanging in there. They were snow birds, with fil health issues they have decided to stay up north for the winter. He has spent more days in Manatee hospital than his home in Florida the past few years. Dw and dd made a few emergency flights to Florida this past winter and it's just to hard being 1300 miles away at his time of life on everyone So we are in a hold pattern for now.
I spend more time on Zillow than any other website lol.
We know we are going into central Florida area and we want concrete!!! We have been through two hurricanes and know the importance of inland, away from storm surge and a sturdy concrete structure, we're not leaving. Lol (I've seen that too).
We both will need "low pressure " jobs, still need healthcare but maybe I'll go work for the mouse, not sure if I could handle the general public.lol
We are not moving to Florida for WDW, we are both tired of freezing our butts off, shoveling and looking out the window nine months out of the year seeing brown trees, grey skies an dead grass. Just want some sun. Lol
So, it's gonna happen sooner than later, when the time comes, it's going to be quick. Most decisions have been made.
(Maybe even your neighbor BC lol )

Yes!!
We have owned a vacation condo there for 6 years and I am counting down the days to move permanently. We had always said when my youngest graduates, but it’s not that easy.
He graduates Friday night and will to be playing junior hockey in the fall. He’s also not ready to move away to college.
So I guess we’ll be waiting a little longer. :rolleyes1
Junior hockey!!! Maybe we'll get to see him one day soon here in the lehigh valley!!! DD and myself are season ticket holds for the Flyers AHL affiliate Lehigh Valley Phantoms. This past season, the NCAA held some finals here in the LV at the PPL center home of the Phantoms.
That is one thing we are going to miss a lot, hockey season!

We wonder if any other of our fellow 2,000+ mile round-trip drivers are considering a move to FL one day?

My husband's health has been precarious for years and with the newest changes, I'm not sure how much longer he will be here. I've told him that when he's gone, the for-sale-as-is sign goes up (he hasn't been able to take care of the house for years) and I'm moving south (or getting a small RV and hitting the road). (If my parents are still alive, I will move five hours away to where they live first in order to take care of them. I'd be there now if it weren't for dh.)

DD #1 moved to KY six years ago and we've been able to travel to see her exactly one time. DD #2 moves to Savannah in eleven days 😭 and I don't think we will be driving there ever. We haven't gone to WDW since 2015 because of his health and the resulting decrease in income and increase in costs. DS #1 plans to move to Maryland's Eastern Shore in eight years, and DS #2, well he has his issues and we don't see him any more. So, all that to say that, Yes, moving to FL has been on my radar since our first visit in 2007. I've looked online at senior complexes that offer condo apartments. I don't want any responsibility for property maintenance. And I don't want a golf course, lol.

Junior hockey!!! Maybe we'll get to see him one day soon here in the lehigh valley!!! DD and myself are season ticket holds for the Flyers AHL affiliate Lehigh Valley Phantoms. This past season, the NCAA held some finals here in the LV at the PPL center home of the Phantoms.
That is one thing we are going to miss a lot, hockey season!
He is a good hockey player but not that good. Lol There are so many levels of junior hockey. I always thought junior players were the ones who played in the olympics. Lol
It has been his passion since he was 6 years old. So I can’t just let him give up a dream to move to FL. You’d be surprised how much hockey there is in FL actually.
We can wait a few more years to see what comes out of this. We’re hoping it just helps him to get bigger and stronger to play D2 or D3 college hockey because he’s not ready yet.

My husband's health has been precarious for years and with the newest changes, I'm not sure how much longer he will be here. I've told him that when he's gone, the for-sale-as-is sign goes up (he hasn't been able to take care of the house for years) and I'm moving south (or getting a small RV and hitting the road). (If my parents are still alive, I will move five hours away to where they live first in order to take care of them. I'd be there now if it weren't for dh.)

DD #1 moved to KY six years ago and we've been able to travel to see her exactly one time. DD #2 moves to Savannah in eleven days 😭 and I don't think we will be driving there ever. We haven't gone to WDW since 2015 because of his health and the resulting decrease in income and increase in costs. DS #1 plans to move to Maryland's Eastern Shore in eight years, and DS #2, well he has his issues and we don't see him any more. So, all that to say that, Yes, moving to FL has been on my radar since our first visit in 2007. I've looked online at senior complexes that offer condo apartments. I don't want any responsibility for property maintenance. And I don't want a golf course, lol.
Sorry to hear about the health issues. Family first.

He is a good hockey player but not that good. Lol There are so many levels of junior hockey. I always thought junior players were the ones who played in the olympics. Lol
It has been his passion since he was 6 years old. So I can’t just let him give up a dream to move to FL. You’d be surprised how much hockey there is in FL actually.
We can wait a few more years to see what comes out of this. We’re hoping it just helps him to get bigger and stronger to play D2 or D3 college hockey because he’s not ready yet.
You never know, wish him all the luck in the world! Yah, I know there's a lot of hockey in Florida but ..... it's just not the same as what you grew up with. We miss it every off season. It's pretty cool watching them come up in the ranks, dd and I always comment, we knew him when he was sitting on the bench in the AHL.lol
Pro hockey players are just a different breed. We go to all the season ticket holder events and they are all just a bunch of great kids. They go out of there way to sign anything you want, shoot the breeze and take pictures.
Most other pro sports they look at you like you owe them something.

IMG_0978.jpg
Anyone else use this brand of luggage? We needed a small, carry on type bag. Zipper broke on our old one and it was getting ready for retirement.
Should be coming ups tomorrow.
We kinda added another day onto our two week stay at the Boardwalk in September and decided to stay over night in Kingland Georgia. Not to fear, we will be up at 2:30am on Saturday morning so I can drive through Jax and Orlando with very little traffic.

Sorry to hear about the health issues. Family first.

Thanks, Dave. Lyme Disease stinks, almost 27 years of Lyme Disease stinks even more. At least a doctor at Hershey, one of the earliest researchers, caught it after he'd had it 2.5 years, but by then he was already in the late (or chronic) stage due to lack of treatment. The signs as you enter PA ought to read, "Welcome to PA, the state with the highest number of confirmed cases of Lyme Disease in the nation. Enter at your own risk."

Thanks, Dave. Lyme Disease stinks, almost 27 years of Lyme Disease stinks even more. At least a doctor at Hershey, one of the earliest researchers, caught it after he'd had it 2.5 years, but by then he was already in the late (or chronic) stage due to lack of treatment. The signs as you enter PA ought to read, "Welcome to PA, the state with the highest number of confirmed cases of Lyme Disease in the nation. Enter at your own risk."
Lyme does suck, my son had it when he was 5 for about 4 months before they tested for lyme. 11 years later and he still gets migraines :\

You never know, wish him all the luck in the world! Yah, I know there's a lot of hockey in Florida but ..... it's just not the same as what you grew up with. We miss it every off season. It's pretty cool watching them come up in the ranks, dd and I always comment, we knew him when he was sitting on the bench in the AHL.lol
Pro hockey players are just a different breed. We go to all the season ticket holder events and they are all just a bunch of great kids. They go out of there way to sign anything you want, shoot the breeze and take pictures.
Most other pro sports they look at you like you owe them something.
I know what you mean I kinda go through withdrawals in the off season.
I just can’t imagine him not playing hockey.
We go watch the Providence Bruins (AHL for Boston) yeah those guys are great!
We are watching Boston and psyched about Stanley cup!!
When we were in FL in April we were able to watch a couple of playoff games at ESPN club. That is always fun!!
GO B’s!!!! Tied 1-1 right now

View attachment 405787
Anyone else use this brand of luggage? We needed a small, carry on type bag. Zipper broke on our old one and it was getting ready for retirement.
We kinda added another day onto our two week stay at the Boardwalk in September and decided to stay over night in Kingland Georgia. Not to fear, we will be up at 2:30am on Saturday morning so I can drive through Jax and Orlando with very little traffic.
My DS has a ful backpack, but that is way nicer than his backpack!!
LOVE ❤️ it!!!

View attachment 405787

Swivel wheeled-luggage is the only way to go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!