"For 2,000+ Mile Round-Trip Drivers Only!" (Part V)

Yeah... I'm supposed to start a drive down from Montreal on June 5th... I hope the situation will be back to "normal" by then.

Hoping that before long, this forum's thread will soon be active with long distance drivers.

All the best! :thumbsup2
I spent Friday evening pretending we were in the car debating where to stop for the night, and Saturday morning kept asking if we were there yet. I watched fireworks on Youtube Saturday, and Sunday we popped corn and put it in our bucket for snack time. I fully intend to pretend all week long, including pretend negotiating potty stops next Saturday. My family may disown me before we pretend get home, which would parallel a normal drive down and back.

We have a trip planned for the end of August. Hoping we can still go. We will be driving from NJ. Planned on leaving a few days early, do a few other things before heading to Disney. Maybe go to a beach. I have family in St Pete Beach, so possibly visit them as well. I see a lot of people have changed their dates to the end of August now too, hoping it won’t be too crowded. However, at this point, if we are at Disney, then we know all is okay!! Fingers crossed!

A question for all of you long distance drivers. Assuming Disney opens "soon". If you have to drive through a "red zone" will Florida enforce the 14 day quarantine once you get there? I know that where I drive from (Montreal) I usually have to go through NY/NJ.

Has anyone travelled Route 95 through Maryland recently? Wondering if Maryland House rest area is open with food choices

We've decided to postpone our June 2020 trip to June 2021 (several people in our family fall in the high-risk category so we don't feel like it's worth putting them at risk if Disney is open by our original dates) so I most likely won't be making the drive this year. There is a possibility that we'll be driving down in late August because our DD is supposed to start her DCP then and we're planning to help her move. I'm not confident the fall DCP will happen, so I think it will be June 2021 before we make the drive again. :(

Disney Springs is set to open in a week. One wonders if there's a long-distance driver willing to make the drive for just a Disney Springs experience?

All the best! :thumbsup2

Just checking in, I hope everyone is staying healthy!
I would love to make the drive down for the Springs opening but
way to busy at work and home. My father in law passed last month after a long illness. (Not covid) My mother in law is doing well, she has her moments as to be expected.
DW and DD both working from home. There is a chance DW will be a permanent remote employee, keeping my fingers crossed. They are a Manhattan based company and all 3k plus employees have been working from home since the first week of March. Their office is like a huge, open building, with everyone sitting next to each other. We are guessing, being things are running so well, they may make it permanent and save a boat load of money on office space. Time will only tell.
We are down to 121 days. As long as the resort is open, we are going.
Till next time, stay well everyone!!!

Just checking in, I hope everyone is staying healthy!
I would love to make the drive down for the Springs opening but
way to busy at work and home. My father in law passed last month after a long illness. (Not covid) My mother in law is doing well, she has her moments as to be expected.
DW and DD both working from home. There is a chance DW will be a permanent remote employee, keeping my fingers crossed. They are a Manhattan based company and all 3k plus employees have been working from home since the first week of March. Their office is like a huge, open building, with everyone sitting next to each other. We are guessing, being things are running so well, they may make it permanent and save a boat load of money on office space. Time will only tell.
We are down to 121 days. As long as the resort is open, we are going.
Till next time, stay well everyone!!!
We are at 107 days. Still trying to have hope, but it is dwindling. We are willing to change to a later date if possible though. If not, we are thinking of maybe driving down anyway to visit family, if allowed and safe that is. I guess no one knows until it happens. Stay safe!

Wow hello! totally new to this thread. 2020 is the year of "unprecedented" so here we are - thinking about driving from NJ to WDW at the end of July. Our resort check-in day in July 23rd, and we'll most likely leave NJ sometime on the 22nd. Any advice would be appreciated!

Wow hello! totally new to this thread. 2020 is the year of "unprecedented" so here we are - thinking about driving from NJ to WDW at the end of July. Our resort check-in day in July 23rd, and we'll most likely leave NJ sometime on the 22nd. Any advice would be appreciated!
Welcome! We've made the drive from NJ many times. It's not a bad ride at all. The only possible trouble spot is approaching DC but it depends when you hit it.

We always stop overnight (well we did go straight through a couple of times but generally not) but don't plan it in advance. When we cross into the state where we are going to spend the night, we go to the welcome center and get the hotel discount booklets and pick from there where to stay. Either that or we try to use our Marriott points when we can.

Plenty of places to eat and take breaks along 95. You're never far from a decent place to take a pit stop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter