"For 2,000+ Mile Round-Trip Drivers Only!" (Part V)

Part Five of this thread is up and running, for those who haven't noticed. :drive:

All the best! :thumbsup2

We arrived safely on Saturday, but ran into tremendous traffic near Valdosta, GA and in I-75S in Florida all the way to the turnpike. Added at least 2 hours to our drive. Gas was $2.48 in Tennessee, the least expensive of the trip. We spent $115 on gas on the way down. Gas is $2.73 at the Hess stations on property.

Take care 2,000+ mile round-trip drivers traveling along the Atlantic coast and Northeast tomorrow.

All the best. :thumbsup2

Whoo hoo!

Platinum family here.

We're here right now, drive down was great, will post updated details when we get home. It's been a great time so far, heading to MK tonight, we'll see about the crowds :confused3.

Whoo hoo!

Platinum family here.

We're here right now, drive down was great, will post updated details when we get home. It's been a great time so far, heading to MK tonight, we'll see about the crowds :confused3.

Have a magical time during your anniversary celebration!

Fill us all in on Disney Hess gas prices, the parking experience in the new DTD garage, etc. :drive:

Drove from MA to Key West, then up to Homestead then to West Pam, then to Disney then home 11/10-11/19!

Local regular gas price is now $2.62. At this rate, we will be able to pay for a "free" motel stayover during our next drive to WDW. That's a significant savings.

Sorry if this has been covered before....But I want to start buying gas giftcards now to cover our trip next November. We are driving from MI so what are the most popular gas stations along I-75? And how much do you think we would need to budget for gas? I know gas prices change a lot so a ballpark number would be great! :thanks:

Sorry if this has been covered before....But I want to start buying gas giftcards now to cover our trip next November. We are driving from MI so what are the most popular gas stations along I-75? And how much do you think we would need to budget for gas? I know gas prices change a lot so a ballpark number would be great! :thanks:

Probably Shell and BP are the two biggies from here to Florida. There are some Krogers and Walmart stations that would be cheaper. But they aren't as plentiful as the first two. Speedway is big here in the Cincinnati area. But they aren't that big farther south.

As for prices. It depends. Right now, the Cincinnati area is about $2.85/gallon. And we are high compared to the South. It may go higher or it may stay the same. Or go lower. No one knows.

The cheapest gas and close to the highway in every state on the way down is pilot and loves you can use a site like fuel my route or gas buddy for location and prices of the best gas prices
#Platinum until my January 2015 trip

Hi all!

I've been following this thread and part IV for a while in anticipation of our trip March 14-21.

We live about 30 mins from the Detroit border & will be crossing there. This will be our first time driving (my Dad was a long-haul truck driver with a Toronto-Miami route, so I've made the trip several times, but I'm thinking a semi with a bunk & 2 adults & 3 kids in a minivan will be a bit different lol!!)

We'll cross the border about 3pm on Fri the 13th - would love to leave earlier, but I'm a teacher so no can do.
My DH is taking Friday off and will sleep all day so we can drive straight through. We figure with stops every 2-3 hours we'll make it around 6-7pm.
We'll start home Sat the 21st early am & will take 2 days.

Any recommended stops for meals - we are planning to eat in the van, but will stop to eat supper Fri PM & brunch Sat.
Tolls - I think there are toll roads, but am not sure...
Hotel for the way back - do we need to book for Sat night or should we be able to find something en route? A room for 5 sometimes complicates things.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
We're hoping driving works for us - airfare for 5 is crazy expensive!!

Local regular gas price is now $2.62. At this rate, we will be able to pay for a "free" motel stayover during our next drive to WDW. That's a significant savings.

The "one price" places seem to have stagnated around 2.60, but I noticed the "cash price" stations are still dropping and are as low as 2.52. But even there the credit prices are around that 2.61 price. And the one price stations near cash price stations don't seem to be following them downward yet.

Local regular gas price is now $2.62. At this rate, we will be able to pay for a "free" motel stayover during our next drive to WDW. That's a significant savings. All the best. :thumbsup2

Jealous! Ours hit $2.70 here and that seems low to me. Hopefully it will just keep going down.

Costco went down to $2.58. An extra penny per gallon in my pocket. :rotfl2:

Proud of my "Silver Status"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!