"For 2,000+ Mile Round-Trip Drivers Only!" (Part V)

BC1836

DIS Veteran
Welcome to the fifth part of the "For 2,000+ Mile Round-Trip Drivers Only!" thread.''

If you drive at least 1,000 miles to Walt Disney World, this is the site for you. :drive:

Over 1,600,000 views!

Part IV of this thread opened on June 10, 2013 and closed on November 16, 2014 after 201 pages, 3,013 replies and 279,444 views.

Part III of this thread opened on October 12, 2011 and closed on June 10, 2013 after 197 pages, 2,950 replies and 296,721 views.

Part II of this thread opened on July 12, 2010 and closed on October 12, 2011 after 256 pages, 3,843 replies and 331,176 views.

Part I of this thread debuted on December 6, 2007 and closed on July 14, 2010 after 251 pages, 3,755 replies and 320,188 views.

All-Time "For 2,000+ Mile Round-Trip Drivers Only!" Records (updated 8/10/2022)

Most Total Drives:
72 (since 1973): dvczerfs (as a driver/passenger)
51 (since 2010): LBHouse (solo driver)

Most 21st century drives:
51 (since 2010): LBHouse (solo driver)
46 (2002-present) bc1836 (solo driver)
[bc1836, the founder, moved to within one hour of WDW in Dec. 2017.]

Most Drives in One Decade/10-Year Period:
27 (2003-2012): bc1836; (2007-2014): cruisingkat

Most Drives in One Calendar Year:
6 LBHouse (2018);
5 (2012): crusingkat
(four drives in one calendar year: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011): bc1836

Most Drives in One 12-Month Period:
6 LBHouse (2018)
5 (12/08-12/09; 2012): cruisingkat; (12/09-12/10): bc1836

Most "Non-Stop" Drives:
15 (1992-2014): DSLRuser
13 (2008-2012): bc1836

Shortest Time Between Drives:
19 days (2009): cruisingkat

Most passengers in one vehicle:
12 (2000: Dodge 3500 Ram van): chepic
10 (2010: 2 adults, 8 kids; 1999 Chevy Express Van): birdslightyear (aka just*the*ten*of*us)

Longest Drive (one way):
2,070 miles (2013): Shir Khan (Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada)

Second Longest Drive (one way):
1,953 miles (2011): peigirl (Stratford, Prince Edward Island, Canada)

Driven to/from WDW every month of the year:
bc1836 (finally achieved 2/2015)

What is your status level as a 2,000+ Mile Round-Trip Driver?

5 drives to WDW: "Bronze"
10 drives to WDW: "Silver"
15 drives to WDW: "Gold"
20 drives to WDW: "Platinum"
25 drives to WDW: "Diamond"

Drives above those levels are categorized in multiples. For example, someone who makes 40 drives is "double Platinum;" 50 drives: "double-Diamond."

Remember: These status levels are just meaningless fun, but if you are seeking a long-range driver status, we've got one for ya!

All the best. :thumbsup2

Last edited:
In the spirit of Cars and Cars 2 and Guido and Luigi,

"Buongiorno!"

:drive:

:car:

Status? Silver? Approaching Silver? I don't count. I also stumble on the WDW survey question of how many times at Disney. I know it's 30+, but don't know how many over...

In the spirit of Cars and Cars 2 and Guido and Luigi,

"Buongiorno!"

:drive:

:car:

Status? Silver? Approaching Silver? I don't count. I also stumble on the WDW survey question of how many times at Disney. I know it's 30+, but don't know how many over...

nono: The first to reply to version 5 of the thread! :moped:

I am going with Silver. I have made that many drives at least.

BC, do you get some sort of notification when it is time to open a new section of this thread, or just from experience know it has to be done around a certain size?

BC, do you get some sort of notification when it is time to open a new section of this thread, or just from experience know it has to be done around a certain size?

Communication with one of the DISboards' moderators who monitors each thread.

Can't believe this is on part 5 already! We've had to cancel our trip this fall but hopefully will be driving down in Aug. We might combine it with looking at colleges on the way down and back.

Can't believe this is on part 5 already! We've had to cancel our trip this fall but hopefully will be driving down in Aug. We might combine it with looking at colleges on the way down and back.

Indeed, the fifth volume of this thread! And we've broken the 900,000 mark on views.

Let your countdown to August begin...!

Indeed, the fifth volume of this thread! And we've broken the 900,000 mark on views.

Let your countdown to August begin...!

As this thread relates to driving records, is this thread itself a record holder as to number of posts and views?

As this thread relates to driving records, is this thread itself a record holder as to number of posts and views?

Good question. We have no idea, but posts regarding the theme parks (particularly the Magic Kingdom) are probably be the most active.

We're silver for sure unless you get extra points for having a toad behind the motor home.

Platinum here and heading quickly to Diamond. We're leaving Chicago tomorrow after work for our third trip this year :drive: and we'll be back for Christmas. DH and I first visited WDW for our honeymoon in 1993 and have been back every year (at least 1x, usually 2) since then. We've added 4 kids to our family over the years and they've all grown up going to WDW.

Safe and happy travels everyone! :drive:

Platinum here and heading quickly to Diamond. We're leaving Chicago tomorrow after work for our third trip this year :drive: and we'll be back for Christmas. DH and I first visited WDW for our honeymoon in 1993 and have been back every year (at least 1x, usually 2) since then. We've added 4 kids to our family over the years and they've all grown up going to WDW.

Safe and happy travels everyone! :drive:

Indeed...have a safe drive! And please report on your state-by-state progress upon completion of your drive so other midwesterners can gather some info.

We are awaiting the moderator to close down Part IV of this thread since Part V is up and running. :drive:

Another 2-cent drop in the price of regular at our nearest gas station. It's now $2.63.

Another 2-cent drop in the price of regular at our nearest gas station. It's now $2.63.

Most I saw this morning were 2.60 at places with same price for cash or credit. A few cash price stations were at 2.57. Has anyone heard a guess as to what the floor for gas prices might be?

Indeed...have a safe drive! And please report on your state-by-state progress upon completion of your drive so other midwesterners can gather some info.

Thanks. Will do. It will be interesting to see how the lower gas prices affect our budget. We spent about $430 for our April trip and $350 for our August trip - expecting this trip to come in about $100 cheaper according to the online calculators. We'll see.

On our way home today after spending 8 days at WDW and 4 on the Dream. So not looking forward to heading north!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!