"For 2,000+ Mile Round-Trip Drivers Only!" (Part V)

So, are congratulations in order? You've made the purchase?
Noooo not yet. We are heading down Feb 27th. Will be home March 6th. After we get home, I’m calling the six people who are interested in buying our house. If no agreement of sale in one week, it’s getting listed by a realtor. I’m sure it won’t last long. We are going to put our stuff in storage in Pa.
We are going to head down and get a apartment. We already have a realtor in Florida and we are going to start looking. I can’t buy on line, I need to see it. We know what we and where we are looking for and with cash in hand, I’m sure it won’t take long.
But on the other hand, we don’t have to feel rushed into anything.
My wife is a remote employee so her job goes with her. In the beginning, I’m going to get something part time. With getting settled in, our belongings shipped down etc.
I also have a long time friend who for the most part said he has a job for me in central Florida.
We are just excited to get this new journey started. (and warm weather. Lol)

Have done the drive 3 times from Deerfield Ma... have another trip planned for Jan 10. Trying to decide between our preferred route of 84>81>77>26>95 or just taking 95 the whole way down. I will prolly need a hotel hopefully around Charlotte or Fayetteville. My concern is which route is better in the time of covid. Will be of course trying to limit our interactions (bringing a big cooler with food etc), Will it matter for either in terms of big rest areas with touchless facilities and pay at pump gas?

Have done the drive 3 times from Deerfield Ma... have another trip planned for Jan 10. Trying to decide between our preferred route of 84>81>77>26>95 or just taking 95 the whole way down. I will prolly need a hotel hopefully around Charlotte or Fayetteville. My concern is which route is better in the time of covid. Will be of course trying to limit our interactions (bringing a big cooler with food etc), Will it matter for either in terms of big rest areas with touchless facilities and pay at pump gas?
The pay at the pump won’t be a problem either way you go. Rest stops, even if it is touch less everything, I’d still use hand sanitizer. I get gas just about every day for work and I keep a box of plastic gloves in the car. I only use it on my my right hand and only use the gloved hand only.
81/77/26, keep an eye on the weather, it could be nice on the bottom and snowing like crazy on the mountain. (I’ve been there lol)

The pay at the pump won’t be a problem either way you go. Rest stops, even if it is touch less everything, I’d still use hand sanitizer. I get gas just about every day for work and I keep a box of plastic gloves in the car. I only use it on my my right hand and only use the gloved hand only.
81/77/26, keep an eye on the weather, it could be nice on the bottom and snowing like crazy on the mountain. (I’ve been there lol)

yes, gloves, sanitizer, and of course masks are all on the must do list.. I like 81 route as there are no tolls, the scenery is better to look at, and the traffic is just a bit less scary than on 95.

Currently in the car (from NJ) on the way to our happy place!! We left a lot later than we originally planned though. We wanted to leave by 4am, but didn’t get on the road until 5:30am. Making good time though. We stopped once so far for gas near Fredericksburg, VA. Stopped at a Wawa to fill up and use the restroom. Hubby used gloves we brought to pump gas (which we aren’t used to in NJ Lol!). As I am writing this it is 10:30am and we are in Emporia, VA. Just about into NC. We always use the exits as a guideline. They count down. We just passed exit 4! As for the drive, it’s been great! Love using the Waze app to keep us notified of any cops ahead or road work. Will update again later!

yes, gloves, sanitizer, and of course masks are all on the must do list.. I like 81 route as there are no tolls, the scenery is better to look at, and the traffic is just a bit less scary than on 95.
We take 81/77/26 all the time. February there was a coastal storm. Came in from the ocean and never made it to the mountains. The very top of the mountain the grass had snow on it.
North Carolina had mostly ice on the coastal areas.

Just an update on my previous post. It is currently 5:20pm and we are in Georgia, exit 49. We did hit a small traffic jam on I-95 in NC at exit 58 due to an accident. It cleared fairly quick and has been great since. We are expected to be at our hotel (45 mins outside of Disney) around 8:00 or so according to my Waze app. We will be making another stop just to grab a quick dinner at a drive thru. So far we have stopped 3 times, just to get gas and use the restroom. Once in VA, once in NC, and just recently in GA. Gas cost was $20, $17, and $20. We have a 2017 Ford Escape. Hopefully they will be it for gas, but we’ll see. My kids are 8 & 10 and have been absolutely great today! I will try to update again once we arrive at our hotel!

Just an update on my previous post. It is currently 5:20pm and we are in Georgia, exit 49. We did hit a small traffic jam on I-95 in NC at exit 58 due to an accident. It cleared fairly quick and has been great since. We are expected to be at our hotel (45 mins outside of Disney) around 8:00 or so according to my Waze app. We will be making another stop just to grab a quick dinner at a drive thru. So far we have stopped 3 times, just to get gas and use the restroom. Once in VA, once in NC, and just recently in GA. Gas cost was $20, $17, and $20. We have a 2017 Ford Escape. Hopefully they will be it for gas, but we’ll see. My kids are 8 & 10 and have been absolutely great today! I will try to update again once we arrive at our hotel!
Always great to hear a easy going trip. I miss my drive.

Just checking in. deedee I hope your trip is going well. Hope everyone is staying safe.
A little update on the home front, things are moving along. Still working on the house. I was using our “Disney van” as storage, I unloaded that yesterday to start getting that ready for February Boardwalk trip.
DD job interviews went really well. They told her when she can give them a date of arrival, they will find room for her in the firm.
We are starting to get real excited! And with the cloudy, cold crappy weather here in the northeast, it’s making it even easier. After the holidays we are going to decide if we are going apartment or rental house while we look for a house. Decisions decisions. Lol
Well that’s it for now, have a great week!!

OK road trippers. What are your in-vehicle solutions to use the bathroom without having to stop at a reststop? Adult diapers? Camp potty?

Hi all! I will update soon, but wanted to come on to see if anyone can recommend a hotel in Fayetteville, NC off I-95? We are stopping there for the night. I’ve been reading reviews on a few and of course they are all over the place, good or bad! Lol! Thanks!

Hi all! I will update soon, but wanted to come on to see if anyone can recommend a hotel in Fayetteville, NC off I-95? We are stopping there for the night. I’ve been reading reviews on a few and of course they are all over the place, good or bad! Lol! Thanks!
Sorry deedeew, never stayed there. We like to hit Hampton inns and never really had a bad one.

OK road trippers. What are your in-vehicle solutions to use the bathroom without having to stop at a reststop? Adult diapers? Camp potty?
We hit rest stops. Even before all this, I never touch anything anyway. And wash my hands before walking out.

You should be okay with a chain hotel. We stayed at independent ones twice and both were very weird experiences.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter