• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

? for "Brita Experts"!!

BraveMom3

DIS Veteran
I travel to WDW with 3 small children each year for a 2 week stay, and always lug tons of bottled water from home. I'm looking for areas that I can reduce packing, and wonder if I could do this with the Brita water bottle. Can you filter water and fill small bottles to take to parks, and just continue to refill these? I don't really want to take a large filter bottle with me to the parks. Thanks for any info.

The Brita water bottle we brought on our last trip held 24 oz. It filters the water as you squeeze it out. Rather than buy new Brita water bottles for the whole family, we just used the one to fill everyone's bottles. It worked just fine. And if you're traveling with small children I think that it would be a great idea to fill a smaller and easier to carry bottle for the kids.

That's exactly what we do. And, it tastes good coming from a brita bottle. I have a very sensitive intestinal tract, and the brita water didn't upset me like straight WDW water did. I put a strap on my brita filter bottle, and kept it with me all day. A little ice throughout the day, and it was cold too.

We used them on our last trip and they were great. Any food place will give you a cup of water with ice to fill your bottle up with. I would recommend them. You can filter the water into another bottle without a filter if you only want to buy one bottle. Michelle

I had a Brita with a broken lid and brought it to Florida. We would filter water to fill 6 bottles that we could carry around the park with us. We froze them at night and took 2 to the parks each day.and we had 2 more in the cooler in the car to start on after supper when we returned to the parks.

It worked really well with the nasty Florida water and we plan to do it every trip...:)

When we were done, we left the Brita behind.

Do the Brita Filters fit on regular sized water bottles????? This would make it even cheaper if they did.. Just buy the filters and put them on your own bottles?????

doodlebug

the filters themselves fit into the lid of the brita bottle. Will not work on a regular bottle of water. But as mentioned above, you can buy just one bottle and use it to filter into other bottles!!! :smooth:

The small "water bottle" filters actually slide into the neck of the water bottle and have a flat sort of "flange" that keeps it from falling in. Then there is a tube-like protrusion at the top. THAT's where you can run into trouble.

On some bottles, the screw on tops (the part with the pull-up cap you drink through) have too little clearance for the tube at the top of the brita filter. We found that some bottles worked, though and we could even trade tops to other bottles.

If you buy water in individual bottles at home, check out the tops and save the caps of those that will fit the Brita filter AND your traveling water bottle.

Actually I just got 2 Brita Bottles at Linen N Things ($6.99 each) and had a $5.00 off coupon for any sale over $15.00. So found something I needed for $1.00 and ended up only paying $11.?? w/tax.. Got back to my office and I have 2 water bottles here and the filter fits in one and not the other. So like you said it will work with some if you try

Buy only the filters! Target, Walmart, etc. sell them. That way, you can just use in a bottle you already have!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter