Votes: 29 31.2%
  • DS

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • DD

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

sam_gordon

DIS Veteran
First, let me say everyone in my family likes cheesecake.
Second, this thread is just for fun, we didn't have any arguments, there was no gnashing of teeth or hard feelings.

DW & I stopped at a fast food place for dinner after running errands to take food home. DS & DD were home.

We texted the kids to ask what they wanted. DS says "nothing" because he just had a TV dinner.
DD gives us her order, which includes a milk shake (this place has GREAT shakes).
DW orders a meal with a Sprite
I order a meal with a cheesecake shake.

We get to the window and the worker says they misunderstood the order and made up a cheesecake slice and wanted to know if we wanted it. If not, he'd throw it away. Of course we'll take it. (And gave me my shake)

DW says she should get the cheesecake because she didn't get a desert and DD & I both ordered shakes and those are like deserts.
DS says he should get the cheesecake because he just had a TV dinner, not take out.
DD says she should get the cheesecake because she made cheesecake bites for us last week.
I say I should get the cheesecake because it was my order that got messed up.

I know DIS polls are expected to have an "other" response, but I'm intentionally leaving it off. I don't want to hear "split it four ways".

So, for fun, who gets the cheesecake? I'll post back who ate it later.

First, let me say everyone in my family likes cheesecake.
Second, this thread is just for fun, we didn't have any arguments, there was no gnashing of teeth or hard feelings.

DW & I stopped at a fast food place for dinner after running errands to take food home. DS & DD were home.

We texted the kids to ask what they wanted. DS says "nothing" because he just had a TV dinner.
DD gives us her order, which includes a milk shake (this place has GREAT shakes).
DW orders a meal with a Sprite
I order a meal with a cheesecake shake.

We get to the window and the worker says they misunderstood the order and made up a cheesecake slice and wanted to know if we wanted it. If not, he'd throw it away. Of course we'll take it. (And gave me my shake)

DW says she should get the cheesecake because she didn't get a desert and DD & I both ordered shakes and those are like deserts.
DS says he should get the cheesecake because he just had a TV dinner, not take out.
DD says she should get the cheesecake because she made cheesecake bites for us last week.
I say I should get the cheesecake because it was my order that got messed up.

I know DIS polls are expected to have an "other" response, but I'm intentionally leaving it off. I don't want to hear "split it four ways".

So, for fun, who gets the cheesecake? I'll post back who ate it later.
I was tempted to vote for your wife but ultimately, my vote went to your son!

Curious to know who ate it. The dog? ;)

I’d give it to TV dinner boy (although I can’t imagine either of my boys turning down takeout, even if they already ate).

I say DW or DS. You and DD basically had dessert with the shakes. I'm leaning more towards DS. But then again I'm sometimes food selfish and if it was my order that was messed up then I'd say it's mine and save it for later. lol

So right now I'm leaning towards anyone but DD. lol

If it were my I would have given it to ds.
DH and dd have shakes for dessert
I don't eat cheesecake.

I voted "Me", but I mean me.

Give me the cheesecake.

lhjhbB9.gif

Okay, I am wondering why one kid would say 'nothing' when everybody is ordering meals and great milkshakes.
That would be my first thing.
Hhhhmmmm???
I guess, with my son, I can't imagine a boy/guy being fully satisfied with a TV dinner???

My first pick would be DW, who was the one who did not order any dessert or shake.
But, if I could understand what would cause a boy to turn down food/dessert... and sort that out...
I say DS and DW split the dessert.

PS: I saw some great looking raspberries the other day, and made a quick home-made cheesecake with a premade graham cracker crust. It came out SOOOO good... Fresh homemade cheesecake topped with fresh berries and juice/syrup. Yuhhhhhmmmmmm.

Okay, I am wondering why one kid would say 'nothing' when everybody is ordering meals and great milkshakes.
Hhhhmmmm???

My son often grabs food for himself on his way home from school and thus is not hungry when I tell him we're getting takeout from somewhere. If he's not hungry, there's no need to pick him up something.

I would have eaten it in the car on the way home. But if it made it home we'd probably all grab forks and pass it around. Until it got to the 13yo. He'd stab whatever was remaining and eat it like a candy apple on a stick.

I don't eat sweets, so even though I would normally say it should go to ME, I would probably give it to the kid who said they ate the TV dinner, because at least they did something for themselves! lol

DH would give it to that kid, too.

Hhhhmmmm???
I guess, with my son, I can't imagine a boy/guy being fully satisfied with a TV dinner???

My first pick would be DW, who was the one who did not order any dessert or shake.
But, if I could understand what would cause a boy to turn down food/dessert... and sort that out...
I say DS and DW split the dessert.

PS: I saw some great looking raspberries the other day, and made a quick home-made cheesecake with a premade graham cracker crust. It came out SOOOO good... Fresh homemade cheesecake topped with fresh berries and juice/syrup. Yuhhhhhmmmmmm.

My daughter says no All The Time, then when we get home, she changes her mind apparently, because she will ask if we got her anything. DH usually just gives up what he got. I always tell him not to...she can make a sandwich, but he always does anyway.

That's a 14 year old girl for you!:crazy2:

I am voting for DW, but that's really my 3rd choice.

My first choice: Split it 4 ways (which I know you didn't want to hear). I'm sure that's what we would have done at my house, too.

My second choice: Split it 2 ways, between DS and DW. I agree with DW's argument that you and DD got "dessert" in the form of a milkshake.

If only one person can have it, I'm torn. I'd say that the cheesecake belongs to the order. DW's the only one who ordered who didn't get some form of dessert... and therefore she gets it. But, if it was "mine" I would probably offer it to DS since he didn't get anything at all, even though that was his choice (my son doesn't always want anything either, but then he steals my fries!), or at least offer to share it.

(If you hadn't gotten the shake you ordered in addition to the slice of cheesecake, then I'd think you should get it. But since you got your correct order *and* the bonus cheesecake, I think the cheesecake belongs to the order as a whole, not your suborder.)

I didn't vote because my thoughts weren't up there. Since you still got a dessert with your meal I'd say it's split amongst those who want it. I'd probably put it in the fridge and leave it for the next night though. Even though you didn't ask for split answers that's what I would do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!