??? for Jan Trip

abby

Abby's Mom
Thinking of going the last weekend of Jan. Any idea of crowds and weather? Also, small world is supposed to be down till appx the 25th to remove the holiday stuff, does it usually re-open on time? it's my dd's favorite. Is it better to arrive thursday pm and leave Monday or arrive Friday pm and leave on Tuesday? Thanks for any help.

I've never seen DL miss a date for an attraction reopening after a refurb or to put up or take down an overlay. If anything, they get it done sooner.

Crowds should be quite light since most schools will be in session and there are no holidays at that time. The 50th crowds have been consistently higher than usual, but I would still think the crowds will be lighter than most any other time of year. Weather can vary. This is about the coolest and wettest time of year, although I had great weather (dry and cool by not cold)when I last went at that time of year.

and loved it. Yes, crowds are larger now for the 50th, but the park should be relatively less crowded than other times of year. When we went in early 2005, the weather was in the high 60's, low 70's (capris and short sleeves) and wait times were 10 minutes max on FL rides.

We were in the park Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. By midday Friday there was a marked increase in crowds. With that said, I would arrive Thursday pm and be in the park FIRST THING Friday morning. It is not a EE day, so you should make it through FL rides pretty easily, and the park should remain reasonable through lunch time. Then you can use a EE (if you have one) one Saturday, to help lessen the blow of those crowds.

We also planned our trip so that IASW would be open again.

Have a great time!

Now I am thinking we should go Saturday and leave on Wednesday, since I am assuming Monday and Tuesday would be slower?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter