For me, by me

itsdisneytime

oh my, am i day dreaming about Disney again?
Full disclosure: You may want to move it along to something more noteworthy. I am not worth a darn right now and I am trying so very hard to pull myself out of a funk! What is it about indoor plumbing that is able to make a person feel so needy? LOL ... Ok, so I say :Lol: but I am actually about to cry me a river. I have 3 men underneath of my house due to both of my toilets being clogged and my shower backing up with water and not draining. So at first I was thinking they would come over and run a snake in my clean out and then be on their way. Now they are underneath of my house and they are trying oh so very hard to at least make it to where we can properly use the facilities here at my home tonight, so that they can come tomorrow and do a bigger assessment of damages and get a permanent fix .

I have 2 Jack Russel terriers that are going nuts right now, as I had to lock them up because these men have the crawl spaces to my house open and if the dogs get under the house, I am done for - no way will I be getting them out until they are hungry and come out on their own. (Yes I am predicting, out of anxiety) *sigh* - so I have them in their own special quarantine until I hear the ultimate fate of whether or not I will be going to a hotel tonight. All this, during a Pandemic! I am self employed and just cannot take much more of this blow after blow. Wish me luck Disney fam!

Full disclosure: You may want to move it along to something more noteworthy. I am not worth a darn right now and I am trying so very hard to pull myself out of a funk! What is it about indoor plumbing that is able to make a person feel so needy? LOL ... Ok, so I say :Lol: but I am actually about to cry me a river. I have 3 men underneath of my house due to both of my toilets being clogged and my shower backing up with water and not draining. So at first I was thinking they would come over and run a snake in my clean out and then be on their way. Now they are underneath of my house and they are trying oh so very hard to at least make it to where we can properly use the facilities here at my home tonight, so that they can come tomorrow and do a bigger assessment of damages and get a permanent fix .

I have 2 Jack Russel terriers that are going nuts right now, as I had to lock them up because these men have the crawl spaces to my house open and if the dogs get under the house, I am done for - no way will I be getting them out until they are hungry and come out on their own. (Yes I am predicting, out of anxiety) *sigh* - so I have them in their own special quarantine until I hear the ultimate fate of whether or not I will be going to a hotel tonight. All this, during a Pandemic! I am self employed and just cannot take much more of this blow after blow. Wish me luck Disney fam!

OH boy, that is a lot going on! You poor thing,

Let me just address something, YOU ARE worth so much more than a darn. I know that feeling, 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩 Loving, giant hugs to you. Nothing wrong with crying, it does the soul good.

I hope they can get those toilets moving. Just in case maybe you can start a bag for a hotel now, wipes, plastic baggies for hotel remotes, doorknobs, etc (so you don’t touch anything), and of course your basics that you always need.

When you can, let us know the outcome, and how you are coping my friend. I wish you tons of luck on this. ☘️

Wishing you the best, itsdisneytime. Home ownership can be daunting at times. It will work out just fine. Mommasita has a good idea above, a go bag just in case you have to leave for a day or two. Take care. .

Hang in there! So agree with the pp: you are WORTH way more than a darn! Keep telling yourself that! There really is something about not having full control over your own indoor plumbing that makes one feel super vulnerable -- not sure exactly why that is -- and it's bad enough during normal times, but now during a pandemic when you can't even run to the nearest Starbucks if you need to use the facilities? And when running to the neighbors might be putting you and them at risk every time? Good grief!
Fingers crossed that everything gets fixed super quick and that you get to laugh about this later. Having a ready-to-go bag just in case is a very good idea. (And one for the dogs, too!) Big, sympathetic hug for you!

Thank you all for taking the time to reply to my post. I am happy to report that I now have working plumbing and that this nightmare is over before my very small intimate Thanksgiving with my family. I had to have all the pipes under my 1950 style home replaced and the pipe to the main replaced as well. I am so thankful that they moved swiftly and were easy to have in and out of my home (they were very respectful). It took about 2 days to have working facilities (oh what fun it was). You guys made my day. Thanks and I wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving.

Thanks for the update! I’m glad it wasn’t too bad, and you have such a positive outlook. Blessings on Thanksgiving 🥰

That's wonderful! Thanks for the update. Now enjoy your new plumbing and Thanksgiving with your family.

Yay! Working (and new!) plumbing is something to be totally thankful for! Hope you and your family enjoy a safe, healthy, and civilized (modern plumbing! flush all you want!) Thanksgiving! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!