For sale by owner

I guess lawyers are not required in my state, but sales in the northern part often use them, while in the southern part title companies tend to handle it all.

We bought our first house by owner and sold that house 6 years later FSBO as well, but that was more than 20 years ago, ever since then, we've only gone through realtors. When we bought (and later, sold) that first house, we called in a favor from a famly friend who was a lawyer to help write up paperwork for the purchase/sale and then contracted with a title company for the rest of the paperwork.

We just bought two pieces of property w/o a realtor. I just called up our lawyer, explained what we were doing and his office handled it.

Our current house was purchased directly from the homeowner. Our realtor was taking us to a viewing and we saw the FSBO sign in front of another house. We called the number, set up a viewing, actually 2 viewings over 2 days. We made an offer that was accepted, the owners had the forms necessary. We had already been mortgage pre-approved and the entire process could not have been easier. We hired our own attorney, set up an inspection. When we sell I will not hesitate to do it myself.

Hey, I had similar issues. I found some info online, but for the specifics, I had to dig deeper and even consult with estate agents. They were a big help in navigating the process. Speaking of estate agencies, check out New Emaar villas if you're in the market for something new. They offer great luxurious options. Don't hesitate to invest in your future now. And good luck with selling the house!

Last edited:
Anyone have experience selling their own home?
Was the information you need easy to find in your municipality?

Like so many things the checklist for both paperwork and code requirements feels like a big game of keep away, one would think a quick google search would reveal all, but, alas, no.
Did you sell last year, LO?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter